Thanks to "bearcatter" and others who have helped me. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:55 PM
TWL904
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks to "bearcatter" and others who have helped me.

I was the OP on two recent topics here.
The first was "What would you do and why ? re: Bearcat purchase" and the second was " Bearcat trigger too thin".
The whole purpose of seeking advice here was to assist me in recommending a gun for my wife who is new to the sport of shooting.
I did purchase a Bearcat for her, and today was the first time that we were able to spend time at the range. I am pleased to report that she did very well for a person who had never fired a gun before today. As I mentioned in previous threads, she is a petite lady and her hands are quite small. The Bearcat was an excellent choice for her.
Besides the Bearcat, I had her try a Browning Buck Mark and an old H & R 9 shot revolver. She did well on all of the guns. The Buck Mark was a bit easier for her to use since it is an automatic, but the Bearcat fit her hand best.
I would like to thank everyone who has offered their advice and opinions which lead me to the Bearcat.
I especially want to thank "bearcatter" for his advice regarding the possibility of changing out the main spring to reduce the amount of effort required to cock the hammer. The factory spring is rated at 23 pounds. From the "bearcatter" I learned that different springs could be purchased from Wolff Springs. I ordered a 18 and a 16 pound spring. First I installed the 18#, using the detailed instructions sent by the "bearcatter" on June 7. I had no difficulty at all. The instructions were "spot on".
It was still a little difficult for my wife to cock the hammer, so I installed the 16 pound spring. Much better.
In summary, I'd like a again say "thanks" to everyone who has helped me.
What a great forum this is where a person can come for information. It is filled with knowledgeable individuals who are so willing to share their knowledge.

Hanagan
Old 06-19-2014, 11:30 AM
bearcatter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Glad it's all worked out for you two. It's nice to help add a Bearcat fan to the sport. I'm always a little hesitant when offering directions on something, even when I'm 100% sure of what I know.

No thanks needed, sharing information is what RFC is all about.