CCI SV Availability? - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-21-2020, 10:44 AM
elohssa63's Avatar
elohssa63 is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2012
Location: 
Golden Gulf Coast
Posts: 
1,892
TPC Rating: 
75% (2)


Log in to see fewer ads
Just as in the past, we are in a state of panic and are causing this " shortage" ourselves. I wonder how many people are buying up ammo with no intention of ever shooting it, but only to sell it at a profit later. Seems that a few profiteers got hung with ammo when the last "shortage " ended. Oh well, there is a bright side. They can put milk and sugar on it and eat it this time, if they can find milk and sugar. I hear there's a "shortage" of that also.

Last edited by elohssa63; 03-21-2020 at 11:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-21-2020, 12:11 PM
RCGuy50

Join Date: 
Jul 2018
Posts: 
250
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elohssa63 View Post
Just as in the past, we are in a state of panic and are causing this " shortage" ourselves. I wonder how many people are buying up ammo with no intention of ever shooting it, but only to sell it at a profit later. Seems that a few profiteers got hung with ammo when the last "shortage " ended. Oh well, there is a bright side. They can put milk and sugar on it and eat it this time, if they can find milk and sugar. I hear there's a "shortage" of that also.
Those profiteers are posting on the local armslist. Tula .223 for 35 cents, Federal 9mm aluminum 30 cents, 17 WSM case of 500 with the label from gunbroker still on it, $250 ( been selling at auction for $100 shipped or less).
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-21-2020, 10:55 PM
only1harry
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2013
Location: 
NY State
Posts: 
1,087
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Are you kidding me? People are panicking and buying up all the ammo again? This is ridiculous. This can't be as bad as 2013-16. No way.

You can't eat ammo. Save your $$ for food and TP, not bullets when they tell us to stay home for a month and not come out. This is totally different from the Oct. 2012 Newtown shooting that started the politicians' war on guns & ammo. I just don't see the reason for panicking and buying up all the ammo. But if people are low on ammo and didn't learn from a 4.5 year severe ammo panic & shortage, then they deserve not to find any ammo, or pay the high prices. 22LR has been dirt cheap for the last 2-3 years with great sales and discounts. If you didn't stock up, I don't feel sorry for you after what happened with ammo this decade.

I am sitting on 10+ bricks of everything in .22LR, and thousands of each caliber I shoot after what we went through..

Harry
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-22-2020, 09:42 AM
Calamity Sue's Husband

Join Date: 
Apr 2013
Location: 
Las Vegas
Posts: 
1,428
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by only1harry View Post
Are you kidding me? People are panicking and buying up all the ammo again? This is ridiculous. This can't be as bad as 2013-16. No way.

You can't eat ammo. Save your $$ for food and TP, not bullets when they tell us to stay home for a month and not come out. This is totally different from the Oct. 2012 Newtown shooting that started the politicians' war on guns & ammo. I just don't see the reason for panicking and buying up all the ammo. But if people are low on ammo and didn't learn from a 4.5 year severe ammo panic & shortage, then they deserve not to find any ammo, or pay the high prices. 22LR has been dirt cheap for the last 2-3 years with great sales and discounts. If you didn't stock up, I don't feel sorry for you after what happened with ammo this decade.

I am sitting on 10+ bricks of everything in .22LR, and thousands of each caliber I shoot after what we went through..

Harry
Hey Harry, how are ya. Don't know how it is in your neck of the woods, but unless you live in a gated, patrolled community, watch out. Out here the situation is deteriorating. Many are not following the stay home orders nor are some businesses closed who should be. The police are taking action, and soon the guard will too if it keeps up. A week ago on Sunday, CA had 8K first time gun buyers for the day. Remember, it takes hours to purchase a gun in CA, and weeks before you get it. Most of those folks never got them as the stores are now closed. There's a drawn out process just to buy ammo too. I took three handguns out of my safe, cleaned and loaded them, not chamberring a round, placing them around the house. Lots of home and car break ins both in NV and CA. Some folks are carrying while at home.

Yep, popular ammo is scarce. For example, Brownell's has no, none, nada, 223 for sale. Nor 556. Keep in mind how many gun owners there are out there. It doesn't take much to have a run on ammo. I don't agree with them, but then I don't blame them. TP is another story. I doubt if this shortage will last very long, but the virus is totally unpredictable. It could be next summer before things get somewhat back to normal. That's 2021.

Take care and stay healthy.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-22-2020, 12:23 PM
only1harry
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2013
Location: 
NY State
Posts: 
1,087
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi Charlie! I am doing well. Just bored staying in..
I had read about the increased gun sales last week which naturally affects ammo availability. I frankly think we are a nation that overreacts. We overreacted in 2012 and we are doing it again. The bad guys know most people are home and not going to work, so why would they break into homes that are occupied and risk getting shot? My town and County has set up places where people can pick up food if they have difficulty finding it at stores. So for now it does not look like anyone is going hungry. I live in the suburbs 1hr north of NYC. We have a good number of confirmed cases here, because a lot of people work in the City. Most stores are closed here too as ordered by the Governor, and we are in a state of Emergency after all. There are very few cars on the road and the only stores open are Gas Stations and Supermarkets. They do close pretty early though like 7-8pm instead of midnight, etc.

I guess in urban areas some people just need to start crap when something or anything out of the ordinary happens. Some people just want an excuse to steal or take advantage of a situation. If things look like they will get bad as you say then CA state and maybe other large cities in the country should institute a curfew and lock up anyone that's out after dark, or hit them with big fines. I don't see the possibility of anarchy, or crime rising much, unless all the cops get sick. Then we have a problem, but again - call the National Guard and effect a curfew. That should keep the criminals off the street.

On the other hand I am a realist and have experienced a lot of things in the more than half a century I have been around. This panic and new ammo shortage might continue for a few years after the virus threat is gone, IF the president doesn't get re-elected in November. I am just glad I won't be stressing out over finding ammo again.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-22-2020, 01:17 PM
Calamity Sue's Husband

Join Date: 
Apr 2013
Location: 
Las Vegas
Posts: 
1,428
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by only1harry View Post
Hi Charlie! I am doing well. Just bored staying in..
I had read about the increased gun sales last week which naturally affects ammo availability. I frankly think we are a nation that overreacts. We overreacted in 2012 and we are doing it again. The bad guys know most people are home and not going to work, so why would they break into homes that are occupied and risk getting shot? My town and County has set up places where people can pick up food if they have difficulty finding it at stores. So for now it does not look like anyone is going hungry. I live in the suburbs 1hr north of NYC. We have a good number of confirmed cases here, because a lot of people work in the City. Most stores are closed here too as ordered by the Governor, and we are in a state of Emergency after all. There are very few cars on the road and the only stores open are Gas Stations and Supermarkets. They do close pretty early though like 7-8pm instead of midnight, etc.

I guess in urban areas some people just need to start crap when something or anything out of the ordinary happens. Some people just want an excuse to steal or take advantage of a situation. If things look like they will get bad as you say then CA state and maybe other large cities in the country should institute a curfew and lock up anyone that's out after dark, or hit them with big fines. I don't see the possibility of anarchy, or crime rising much, unless all the cops get sick. Then we have a problem, but again - call the National Guard and effect a curfew. That should keep the criminals off the street.

On the other hand I am a realist and have experienced a lot of things in the more than half a century I have been around. This panic and new ammo shortage might continue for a few years after the virus threat is gone, IF the president doesn't get re-elected in November. I am just glad I won't be stressing out over finding ammo again.
Over reaction is a normal response of the uneducated. Everyone in the west here is waiting to see what happens to the SF area. That area has really turned into a cesspool with the immigrants and the homeless. My brother-in-law and nieces live in San Jose and say it's really bad. They were one of the first stay home areas. Still quite a few people out and about here. Most if not all the tourists were kicked out of the casinos. I think they have to leave their rooms by tonight, but most of the hotels are already empty and shut. As I mentioned, the police are out and about making sure places abide by the shut down.

I'd forgotten you and Calamity are from the same neck of the woods, as she was born and raised in Hyde Park. Her mother still lives there. Calamity's been sending stuff that she needs to her by buying it online. When she can find it.

The docs think this virus will pick up again this fall. Maybe we'll have a shot for it by then. Of course, the shot might kill some of us too. I use to always get the flu when I got a shot. For the past 4-5 years I've had a shot and have not had the flu. Go figure.

If the folks think there's a gun and ammo panic now, just wait til November if the 'crats get in Washington. Black Friday will truly be a Black one.

Take care.

If I have violated any political views, please accept my apologies and delete this post. It wasn't my intention, just stating the facts of life of ammo.

Last edited by Calamity Sue's Husband; 03-22-2020 at 05:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-22-2020, 05:26 PM
RCGuy50

Join Date: 
Jul 2018
Posts: 
250
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/861564815

Here is a current demand based auction price.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-22-2020, 05:37 PM
Calamity Sue's Husband

Join Date: 
Apr 2013
Location: 
Las Vegas
Posts: 
1,428
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Considering I purchased at ten cases of CCI sv back about 15 months ago for a delivered price of $158 a case, I could make a good buck selling these puppies. Except for one thing. That's not my style. And what would I do for replacements????

I knew that was a great price and I knew, God willing, that I'll eventually shoot it all.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-23-2020, 12:27 AM
DaveInDenver

Join Date: 
Oct 2017
Posts: 
345
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGuy50 View Post
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/861564815

Here is a current demand based auction price.
At 7.6 cents per round that is really close to prices at LGS's. Wally's was 7 cents. No longer 5 cents as were online purchases 2 weeks ago. But a "retail" price is not off the chart in my book for "spot" prices in a buyer panic attack.

As long as the Pres does not require ammo mfgrs to make respirators instead the ammo mfgrs will likely go into overdrive to sell their product to gain market share away from those who can not.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by DaveInDenver; 03-23-2020 at 12:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-23-2020, 12:32 AM
only1harry
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2013
Location: 
NY State
Posts: 
1,087
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue's Husband View Post
Considering I purchased at ten cases of CCI sv back about 15 months ago for a delivered price of $158 a case, I could make a good buck selling these puppies. Except for one thing. That's not my style. And what would I do for replacements????

I knew that was a great price and I knew, God willing, that I'll eventually shoot it all.
Perfect That's why you will sell me some of your SV at cost, right?

Com'on buddy, you have about 1/2 Million rounds of SV, Tactical and MM's, and that's only the ones you have told me about Selling a few thousand won't hurt. You won't even know it's gone
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-23-2020, 08:22 AM
Calamity Sue's Husband

Join Date: 
Apr 2013
Location: 
Las Vegas
Posts: 
1,428
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by only1harry View Post
Perfect That's why you will sell me some of your SV at cost, right?

Com'on buddy, you have about 1/2 Million rounds of SV, Tactical and MM's, and that's only the ones you have told me about Selling a few thousand won't hurt. You won't even know it's gone
I probably have 10K rounds of Fed Champions kwrap left that you can buy. Remember back a bunch of years when C's sold 2100 rounds, four 525's, in a metal can. I think regularly $120 or so but when on sale they were $99. But gift cards and AJ brought them down in the high $60's or low $70's delivered. No tax and free ship in those days. No tax as long as I sent them to OR for pickup or sent them to my home in FL. Tax here in NV due to the store in Reno area. In those days, anything from C's went to FL or OR, Gander didn't matter, but Academy went to NV, this was to avoid any tax. Anyway, I keep my sv's and CCI's and even my buckets of Goldens as they always do well in all my rifles and they too were bought cheap.

Cash and carry, of course. Make sure you are in a hazmat suit. After all, you're a New Yorker.

Take care buddy.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-23-2020, 08:30 AM
M2HB's Avatar
M2HB is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2004
Location: 
Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 
29,380
TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
After the last shortage you would think everyone would have learned to stock up when the prices are low.

Anyone over the age of 25 should have already stocked up on a 5 year’s supply as a minimum. If they didn’t, then they really didn’t need it.

Those who were anti gun, until they feel the need for one, deserve what they get. Maybe this experience will educate them that the government can’t protect you.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-02-2020, 08:21 PM
Spike1966's Avatar
Spike1966
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2019
Location: 
Central Illinois
Posts: 
48
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought a couple bricks from SGAmmo on 3/4/20 for $23 each ($230 per case). Once the panic buying started, like everyone else, they ran out.

I just checked again this evening, looking to pick up a case this time at that good price and they had 8 cases available for $279 each. Nice price increase.

No thanks...I'll wait this one out just like last time.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-04-2020, 01:28 AM
only1harry
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2013
Location: 
NY State
Posts: 
1,087
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue's Husband View Post
I probably have 10K rounds of Fed Champions kwrap left that you can buy. Remember back a bunch of years when C's sold 2100 rounds, four 525's, in a metal can. I think regularly $120 or so but when on sale they were $99. But gift cards and AJ brought them down in the high $60's or low $70's delivered. No tax and free ship in those days. No tax as long as I sent them to OR for pickup or sent them to my home in FL. Tax here in NV due to the store in Reno area. In those days, anything from C's went to FL or OR, Gander didn't matter, but Academy went to NV, this was to avoid any tax. Anyway, I keep my sv's and CCI's and even my buckets of Goldens as they always do well in all my rifles and they too were bought cheap.

Cash and carry, of course. Make sure you are in a hazmat suit. After all, you're a New Yorker.

Take care buddy.
I have an old yellow raincoat prepared with lots of duct tape to seal it up good. Just as good as a haz. suit. Will that do?
OK I guess I am driving to NV for some middle of the run Federal Champion bulk ammo. I hope I don't spend all the $ on gambling before I pick it up You are up to 3 locations now? Did you need more space to store all the rimfire ammo?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-04-2020, 05:00 AM
shootsstraight

Join Date: 
Apr 2015
Posts: 
6
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
SG Ammo has CCI Srd Vel for $279/case +$22 shipping
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x