Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-17-2020, 07:36 PM
Calamity Sue's Husband

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CCI SV bricks mfg. date numbers

I went thru my Norma Tacts today and tomorrow I'll be shooting 60 rounds of 4 different batch numbers. These are in 2014 and 2015. I have another 6 batches to check. These will be shot thru my 10/22's, probably my 1264 that has a GM bbl, as do all my 10/22's. I'm just comparing my batch numbers. I'll shoot two batches, already preloaded, then shoot some other stuff in a different 10/22, then come back and finish shooting the other two batches, again already preloaded. Then compare them.

I thought I'd do the same with my CCI sv's which I have a few more. Trouble is, there's no batch number. These are the bricks, not the slides. I've gone thru 20 bricks that I know I've purchased over the past 2-5 years and found only two sets of numbers on the inside flaps of the 50 round boxes, or the brick flap. Here's a sample:

29422-00
D0021

That's it. No other numbers that I can find anywhere on the brick or in the brick. The above is the flap on the bricks. Below is the flap inside the individual boxes.

29421-01
D0021

Does anyone see when the batch numbers could be?? Thanks.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:18 PM
Squeezer
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Debossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue's Husband View Post
I thought I'd do the same with my CCI sv's which I have a few more. Trouble is, there's no batch number. These are the bricks, not the slides. I've gone thru 20 bricks that I know I've purchased over the past 2-5 years and found only two sets of numbers on the inside flaps of the 50 round boxes, or the brick flap. Here's a sample:

29422-00
D0021

That's it. No other numbers that I can find anywhere on the brick or in the brick. The above is the flap on the bricks. Below is the flap inside the individual boxes.

29421-01
D0021

Does anyone see when the batch numbers could be?? Thanks.
Those numbers you quoted are probably printing data.

I have two types of CCI SV:
Trays of 40gr LRN Standard Velocity (Load #0032)
Bricks/boxes of 40gr LRN Standard Velocity (Load #0035)

The lot # is debossed into the back of the 50-round box. It's visible if you hold the box at an angle with backlight.

Here is an old post I have in my archive of stuff:
------------------
CCI ammo lot codes:

first letter in the lot code is month (A thru M, skipping I)
A - Jan
B - Feb
skip I
M - Dec

the next 2 numbers are the day of the month (1-31)

the second letter represents the year. ( starting in 1995 with letter A, skip I and O)

2010 - R
2011 - S
2012 - T
2013 - U

The 2 boxes of Quiets I bought today are stamped:
K17T23 = Oct 17, 2012
Old 03-18-2020, 07:37 AM
Calamity Sue's Husband

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks a bunch. Even knowing where to look, I can just barely see it on some of the boxes. This is the one I really want to list and check out due to all the complaints made about the recent runs. The CCI sv's is also one I shoot everytime I go shooting, and I have more of these, about 35K, than any other sv, although I haven't purchased any since last year's rebate, and only a case or two during then. I think most of mine I will find will be mfg'd 2014-2017. I always try to rotate my stock, but I probably miss a brick or two.

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2020, 09:59 AM
Chris597
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Iíve shot a lot of new SV and in my guns it hasnít changed any. Still best thing out there for the money
Old 03-18-2020, 11:28 AM
davew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue's Husband View Post
Thanks a bunch. Even knowing where to look, I can just barely see it on some of the boxes. This is the one I really want to list and check out due to all the complaints made about the recent runs. The CCI sv's is also one I shoot everytime I go shooting, and I have more of these, about 35K, than any other sv, although I haven't purchased any since last year's rebate, and only a case or two during then. I think most of mine I will find will be mfg'd 2014-2017. I always try to rotate my stock, but I probably miss a brick or two.

Thanks again.
So, some of mine, from that era, were embossed/stamped on the outside of the box. Take one of your empty paper boxes, and examine it under a bright light. It may be visible at certain angles. Once you have the general location of that embossed LOT#, find one of the paper boxes of 50 to see which one has the most legible version to actually read it.

Otherwise, it could be printed inside, so you may have to look for the printing or embossed/stamped lot# on the inside. Carefully disassemble the paper box and see what's printed/stamped on the inside.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:14 PM
Calamity Sue's Husband

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks. I've noticed that some are embossed deeper than others. Needless to say I have a lot of work to do. Just got back from shooting this morning. Out of the 4 lot numbers of Norma, one didn't do so well. I just checked and luckily I have only one brick of those. Whichever lot of CCI sv I shot today, they did great. Of the 12 magazines, I'd say 6 were 1/2" or less from my 10/22 Sporter Deluxe at 50 yards using a bipod only, rapid shooting. Only one mag had a flier that made the spread over 1".

Looks like I'll have some time on my hands to check out the lot numbers. As we were leaving, a ranger told us that starting tomorrow the range will be closed for 30 days. Bleep, there isn't going to be much open in Clark County by the weekend.

Thanks again for the info and hope you and all the others here at RFC are safe and healthy.

Charlie
Old 03-18-2020, 12:20 PM
dash4cash
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris597 View Post
Iíve shot a lot of new SV and in my guns it hasnít changed any. Still best thing out there for the money
I will second this. all my new stuff seams to shoot very well for what I pay for it.

Carl