Parts, We need More Parts! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:57 AM
Gobber
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Parts, We need More Parts!

Since we canít get them from the source with the Russian embargo, post items that you have been able to buy, items you are or have fabricated and ideas you have for modifications. We have seen 3D mags, diy stocks and modified parts from other manufacturers be adapted to the 7-2 platform.

If you need some inspiration, check out the new toys Izhmash is putting out (that we canít seem to get our hands on )
https://youtu.be/TQJUWthY09c
Old 05-08-2021, 12:43 PM
JSchell1309

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'll use this as a place to organize some links I have been saving:

Factory manual, PDF hosted by Altius Guns:
Izhmash 7-3 & 7-4 factory manual.

If anyone has a link to a scanned copy of the 7-2 factory manual, I am interested in having it.

Factory Izhmash Parts from Dealers:

Altius Guns: US based Biathlon shop in West Yellowstone, Montana.

Link to Izhmash Parts: (call for availability)

Izhmash 5 round Biathlon mags: $85 USD at time of this post.

I spoke to him on the phone, very pleasant guy to chat with. He mentioned he works with Larsen and will be placing an order soon for some more parts to have on hand. Possibly contact him if you need him to add some specific parts to the order.

Larsen Biathlon: Norwegian biathlon shop

Link to Izhmash spare parts

Izhmash 5 round Biathlon mags: $46 USD at time of this post (plus shipping and import VAT)

Izhmash inlet biathlon stocks: not a direct fit for 7-2 rifles. The 7-2 will need trigger modification to fit in a 7-3 / 7-4 stock. See hara-julu's trigger mods in link below.

Nordic Marksman: Canadian based biathlon shop

Link to Izhmash spare parts

Izhmash 5 round mags: $85 CAD at time of this post (out of stock)

That's all I have right now for biathlon / Izhmash parts dealers. Old threads in here used to point to SaigaShop but that website looks like its long gone.

As far as importing from Norway or Canada, you would have to contact the shops and see what your options are. I messaged Larsen on social media about importing mags and they said to email them. So it wasn't a direct "no". I have yet to email and discuss import, need to gather some funds before I dive all in on this.

Factory Stocks Inlet for the 7-2:

Lost Nations R&D: Link to Versatile Biathlon Stock

Accurate Rifle Systems: has inlet their Rimfire Tactical PRS chassis for user Topstrap44 (see info below for his build)

Design Machine offers an extended replacement weaver rail here

Forum Members DIY (that are still live and have photos hosted)

hara-julu details the trigger mods necessary to put a 7-2 rifle into a 7-4 stock in his thread here

midwest swiss also details a trigger and safety modification as well as a home made stock in his thread here

Gobber here has an excellent build thread on his custon Carbon Fiber stock here

Also an excellent post here detailing a custom picatinny extended rail. Note the factory action threading is M4-0.5 and McMaster Carr has various hardware available in that threading.

Topstrap 44 details his build in the Accurate Rifle Systems PRS chassis in his thread here.

JRucker2004 details a 3D printed magazine project in his post here. He has also posted this to reddit here. He is still active on Reddit and you can PM him there. He is still making these magazines and can help you out if you are in need.

He also details designing and 3D printing his own stock in his reddit thread here. Excellent work and finished product.

DIY mags from Marlin

Here is a thread by tehmistocles that uses a Marlin mag with some simple modifications to work in the biathlon basic.

Another recent thread by USGuy here showing Marlin mags and modifications to make them work. Also Gobber showing off more CF work on similar mags in there with photos.

Gobber also details a good PSA Warning here about using these mags. It is possible to over insert them past the mag catch and potentially break your ejector pin. He has some great photos showing the pin repair process.

SillyMike has a good image showing the Brownells part number and dimensions:
Length: 29.5 mm
Width: 12.8 mm
G4071350 Magazine by Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyMike View Post
In case you didn't know... BB magazine can easily be made from Marlin magazines

Last edited by JSchell1309; 05-08-2021 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:04 PM
JSchell1309

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Also, Gobber, excellent find on that video. I didn’t realize that Izhmash would still be making these rifles. That 7-7 is a slick looking setup.

I particualarly like their new bolt handle in the screenshot below. Gives me some ideas to try out.

I have background in CAD design and carbon fiber reinforced polymers. Mostly in thermoplastics, but I’m starting to work with some thermoset as well. I have some ideas for some stuff I want to make for my 7-2. I don’t want to say too much as sometimes my ambitions for projects get too far ahead of my available freetime haha. I think I may start with printing a bolt handle like the one on that 7-7 as either a slip fit or pinned replacement on my 7-2.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2021, 02:22 PM
Gobber
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
DIY Comb + Mag Holder

Here is a first try at an adjustable cheek comb that doubles as an extra 10 round mag holder.

First get it to work, then make one that's pretty. At least this one works.

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-LHR2Qc/i-5FxWpJG/A

Last edited by Gobber; 05-08-2021 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:39 AM
Triggershoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchell1309 View Post
Also, Gobber, excellent find on that video. I didnít realize that Izhmash would still be making these rifles. That 7-7 is a slick looking setup.

I particualarly like their new bolt handle in the screenshot below. Gives me some ideas to try out.

I have background in CAD design and carbon fiber reinforced polymers. Mostly in thermoplastics, but Iím starting to work with some thermoset as well. I have some ideas for some stuff I want to make for my 7-2. I donít want to say too much as sometimes my ambitions for projects get too far ahead of my available freetime haha. I think I may start with printing a bolt handle like the one on that 7-7 as either a slip fit or pinned replacement on my 7-2.

Now THAT is what you call a cheek weld! My face hurts just looking at that guy's distorted face/nose.