Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

52D trigger issues

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Toomany22s 
#1 ·
So I bought the rifle over three years ago knowing I would want to get back into shooting it once I retired. Fast forward to today. Firs time out on the range, trigger would only work once in a while. Sometimes it would only fire if I pushed forward as opposed to squeezing it back. Mostly it will only fire upon lifting the bolt after chambering a round in.

This rifle was giving me trouble removing the bolt the as well. Any ideas what's going on? Any recommendations for a good 52 gunsmith?

Thanks in advance...

#3 · (Edited)
Good advice above. Also, check sear engagement, etc. Also, while the barreled action is out of the stock, visually inspect to ensure that cross pins have backed out or no loose screws. You can check the sticky above on triggers information on your trigger if you need it or someone can post a graphic of the trigger showing adjustments etc.

#5 ·
This may or may not be of any use, but I will add a diagram of the action/trigger assembly. I wish I could recall where I picked this up, but for a long time, I would save things I saw that other's had posted and didn't think to start recording sources until later. So someone else originally posted this, it's not mine.

#9 ·
Got it working again. Took it all apart and let it soak in brake cleaner. That still didn't do it so flushed the hell out of it with flush out. Put everything back the way it was and that did the trick.
Good deal. I flushed my 52D trigger with denatured alcohol, blew it out with compressed air and then used a high quality instrument oil to lube it. It definitely improved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.