Aftermarket grips - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:24 AM
mongochicago
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Aftermarket grips

I would like a nice set of wood grips (oversized preferred), for my MK4. I think that the flat sided ones from Ruger are a bit costly for what you get. Altamont is out because I hate finger groves. They never fit correctly (fat hands). Searched the net and can't find any available. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Old 05-09-2017, 11:17 AM
shamrock12
Fire Fighter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hogue G10 grips
Old 05-09-2017, 03:09 PM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like Stonercnc.com for my grips. A little thicker than the standard Ruger but I like the way they fit in my hands.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:27 PM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I like mine!

Made for me by our own SGW Gunsmith. These are a good bit thicker than standard Ruger grips and I imagine they could be made to any dimensions you want:

Made from the same blank of Bubinga (an African Rosewood) used to make my SuperStock African Rose:

I just sent him the wood and told him to do whatever he wanted to do. Reasonable cost too. I kind of liked the ribbon "V"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk

Last edited by Vincent; 05-10-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:38 AM
flphotog
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
I like Stonercnc.com for my grips. A little thicker than the standard Ruger but I like the way they fit in my hands.
They don't seem to be offering grips for the Mark IV as yet.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:58 AM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
https://www.stonercnc.com/rugergrips

They show them here.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:13 AM
goldenpony
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mark IV Grips

I purchased a set of walnut wood grips wit a left side thumb rest from Eagle Grips, Inc. They are a beautiful set of grips, but are not made quite right in that they don't quite cover the hollow in the handle. When I contacted Eagle, they said they were aware of the problem. They were not given the right information from Ruger and they just assumed the dimensions were the same as the Mark III, but these dimensions were slightly different for the Mark IV.
They told me they were changing the prints and when the new design was complete they would send me a replacement set.
Well, that has been quite a while ago. I called them yesterday and they said they were still working on it and their best guess for when the new designed grips would be ready would be 2 months. Sorry, but I don't want to wait that long. In addition, the left grip developed a crack in the top left corner at the bolt hold lever.
The gentleman I spoke with was very nice and said I could return the grips for a refund, which I am doing.
I just ordered a set of the laminate grips from Ruger. I used my 20% new firearm credit discount.
Hopefully I will get the new grips soon.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:49 AM
mongochicago
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not a fan

I am not a big fan of eagle grips. Dealt with them b before. Took a U.S.F.A. 22 to them to have some custom wood grips made. They said no problem, 2 to 4 weeks to be done. After several phone calls and four months of nothing, I went and took the gun back. Won't have anything else to do with them.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:47 PM
flphotog
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
They don't show Mark IV grips, only Mark II and III. Actually I've talked with them and they don't have the Mark IV grips ready yet.