Mark IV davidsons exclusive - Page 5 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:46 AM
hooverjc
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
My FFL called me yesterday to tell me it had come in. Great service from Davidson's. 27 hours from when I clicked the mouse on, "Accept Offer", to when my FFL rang my phone.

The gun is simply beautiful. Without question the nicest Ruger pistol I own. The finish on both the grips and the knife handle is so smooth, it's as if they were dipped in glass. The satin finish on all of the Stainless Steel is beautifully done. I'm almost going to be afraid to shoot the thing it's so nice! Notice I said almost.

I love the target sights. Nice and clear. The sharp, square front blade fits nicely into the nice square rear notch. I noticed some slight differences on this Limited Edition Model. The rear of the bolt has the Ruger emblem filled in black enamel where it has been laser etched. Much like the emblem on the grips and knife. Also, the takedown button is in matching Stainless Steel, and not black like on the Hunter Models. Bill Ruger's signature is deeply laser etched on one side of the slab sided barrel. And "1916-2016... 100 YEARS" on the other side.

It has just enough bling. But not so much as to look gaudy. The knife is simply beautiful. It alone was worth the added cost over the standard Hunter Model. Mine is #721 Of 1,000, so they're coming to the end of the run. The way these things are selling they'll be all gone in no time. So anyone who wants one had better act quickly. If you do you will not be disappointed. I'll try to get some pictures up later. My phone camera doesn't do this weapon justice.
Congratulations on your pistol. You know now they are not in a plastic box, your original question, and it is a sleeve. A little late in replying.
But I agree with you on the quality of the pistol and knife. I have not decided to shoot mine yet. I got mine 1/3/17 and is number 831 and my LGS has another that is also in the 800's so not sure if they are being sold in order. I have been picking up Ruger Marks and versions of for several years and we been shooting 22 steel with them and they have become the favorite. I have several 8" and a 10" and a couple other limited editions that are all original at this time. The Marks just seem to me to be made to shoot more and collect less. Time will tell along with my son and grandsons!
Old 01-14-2017, 10:52 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Talking WOW..........

that is one beautiful pistol!! I am in love with my MKIV stainless target, the finish and fit is exceptional. this is the first ruger I have bought in 3 years. I got a gold lite in 2013, nice pistol but I traded it in on my MKIV.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:36 PM
Bill T
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Some pics,

Old 01-14-2017, 04:36 PM
Aladdin

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Tinstar View Post
I have two Rugers (50th and 60th anniversary models) and I have been wanting a new Mark IV since they hit the shelves! I checked out a target model at my local gun shop and it was such a joy to hit that button and break it down in a couple of seconds! Just as easy to put it back together. I had been trying to decide on which one to get and then I saw this posting. Well, mine has been ordered and there are only two left! What a nice package. Can't wait to get it! Thanks to the original poster for bringing it to my attention!
You are welcome Always happy to help.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:51 PM
jackjr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbore View Post
I though I already posted, guess I walked away without a click.

I am pleased to see a slab side, MkIV, which was expected eventually. Although, I dont collect knives or commemorates, I might be up for another slab side in a MkIV someday or some MkIV. I dont see any reason to go negative on a such beautiful and tasteful gun or disparage any interested buyers. This is NOT a lot of money for a firearm. The actual cost seem fair enough for what you get.
Picked mine up 02-03-17 and I am quite happy I took the plunge. It seems like I will keep it a safe queen as I want a new Hunter also and I'll shoot it when I can get it. The grips on both the pistol and knife are as smooth as glass and are very nice looking. First time I spent that much money for something I may not shoot but I ordered a stand and I will also get a plexiglass display to show it off for some friends who like such things.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:28 PM
mmsb27

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Jackjr
What type of stand did you get? Same with the case. Sounds interesting.