Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:18 PM
22/45 Fan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Guy View Post
Well, I have the tiniest bit of mechanical skill, and ordered my kit yesterday, after much hesitation.
My neighbor has offered to assist me with the install, so between the two of us, I think I'll be fine.
I'll be watching the installation video for sure while working on the install.
Watch the videos and understand what they show and you will be fine.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Bosbar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, I have installed 2 Volquartsen trigger kits now, one in a Mark IV Hunter and one in a MarkIV Target.

Neither one reduced the trigger pull down to 2.5 lbs. as advertised.

The Hunter is about 2.12 oz. and the Target is 3.10 oz.

I called Voquartsen about the problem and I was told that I'm not the first one that's called about the problem.

I was told that Volquartsen is going to start making their own sear springs.

He took my name and address and told me as soon as they are available, he would ship me two.

I'm on hold until the springs arrive.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:43 AM
Z400ACDC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosbar View Post
Well, I have installed 2 Volquartsen trigger kits now, one in a Mark IV Hunter and one in a MarkIV Target.

Neither one reduced the trigger pull down to 2.5 lbs. as advertised.

The Hunter is about 2.12 oz. and the Target is 3.10 oz.

I called Voquartsen about the problem and I was told that I'm not the first one that's called about the problem.

I was told that Volquartsen is going to start making their own sear springs.

He took my name and address and told me as soon as they are available, he would ship me two.

I'm on hold until the springs arrive.
I believe the hammer spring is a bit to heavy on the mkiv. I am waiting to see what VQ can do to lighten the trigger more.

Old 03-10-2017, 04:12 AM
goldenpony

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am about to install the Volquartsen Accurizing kit in my Mark IV. I think I'll call Volquartsen about this new sear spring.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Rocinante
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sometimes I suspect the "V" should just stand for vanity.

My gunsmith says he can give me an excellent three and a half pound pull for $75.

That will work for me.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:58 AM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Sometimes I suspect the "V" should just stand for vanity.

My gunsmith says he can give me an excellent three and a half pound pull for $75.

That will work for me.
Find out if he is right. If so, you saved about $30 and an hours time. If not, try the "vanity" approach as it always works.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Rocinante
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No, I don't work on plumbing, electrical stuff or guns.

This guy does first rate work so I actually save about two hundred bucks and don't have to do anything except shoot.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:29 PM
SuperDave
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
great vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB9EmYwDyzg
Old 03-10-2017, 10:03 PM
goldenpony

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have watched that video probably 20 times and after working all evening I still don't have it back together. I have everything installed except the hammer and I just can't get it in. On top of everything, I managed to lose the safety detent and spring. I am beaten. Will hit it again tomorrow. Kind of discouraged right now.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:58 AM
gkgeiger
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hang in there, it'll be worth it when done. I bought one of those magnetic trays at HF for $2.59 and it's a life saver.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:08 AM
tejano51

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenpony View Post
I have watched that video probably 20 times and after working all evening I still don't have it back together. I have everything installed except the hammer and I just can't get it in. On top of everything, I managed to lose the safety detent and spring. I am beaten. Will hit it again tomorrow. Kind of discouraged right now.
I feel your frustration. I went through the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I too couldn't get that final step done correctly. I also lost the safety detent and spring more than once. Finally, I asked my wife to push the safety through while I pushed and lined things up with a punch from the other side. Without a vise to hold the frame in place I would probably still be trying. I just didn't want to give up.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Strm27m
US Air Force

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The hammer was giving me fits because I was trying to install it in the "cocked" position, in essence, fighting the main spring. Once I realized that I was being stupid (the hammer was not under spring tension when I took it out) , I tried installing the hammer in the uncocked position and got it right in.

You doing the same thing?
Old 03-11-2017, 09:52 AM
tejano51

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strm27m View Post
The hammer was giving me fits because I was trying to install it in the "cocked" position, in essence, fighting the main spring. Once I realized that I was being stupid (the hammer was not under spring tension when I took it out) , I tried installing the hammer in the uncocked position and got it right in.

You doing the same thing?
He may be. I completed the installation several times in what I thought was the un-cocked position, but the pistol wouldn't function when I reassembled it. I finally successfully installed it under tension, which is why I needed another pair of hands. I suspect that I will purchase a different Mk IV in the future so I will, no doubt, get another opportunity to try successfully install the V kit in the "un-cocked" position. I may not be mechanically inclined, but I am persistent.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:50 AM
goldenpony

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Accurizing kit battle

I absolutely cannot find that detent & spring. I will have to call Ruger Monday and order replacements.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:15 AM
tejano51

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I used a telescoping magnetic pickup tool that I already had on hand to find mine. I believe I bought the tool from Amazon for less than $6. I suspect that most auto parts chain stores have something similar if you want to go buy one today.