Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:15 PM
pistolboo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon p View Post
from what was done to fix it, it was really a mess ! the gunsmith noted that he replaced bolt stop cross pin retainer, grip frame,grip frame lug/bumper ball, magazine latch/screw. items repaired, barrel .then it was fired 50 times with 2 different brands of ammo,zero malfunctions. pistol was targeted 10 rounds CCI std velocity 40 grain lead.15 yds bench rest, iron sights. accuracy is with in factory specs. I will say it SURE IS, target shows 10 shot group one small ragged hole, about 1/2 to 3/4". I am a happy camper to say the least ! my "patterns" to begin with were 10 shots with a good 6-8" spread , good ammo with a solid rest 2 hand hold at 15 yards. I will get it to the range ASAP, looks like it WILL BE A KEEPER now. I am not going to even change the grips or firing pin until I try it. when I clean it I will add my basket weave Altamont grips AND the TK titanium "one hole" firing pin. I have a optics rail, I think I will add a reflex style red dot I already have. my old eyes just do not work too well any more with irons ! this has been a good end to an un happy new pistol purchase, BRAVO RUGER C/S, you made me 100% happy !! handled well, very professional , and didn`t cost me one penny. they even included a free yellow Ruger polishing cloth in the package.
That is a good result but disappointing that Ruger would supply such a basket case in the first place, us foreigners don't get any factory service at all. Can't see any reference to the magazine drag problem, is that OK now?
Old 11-17-2018, 07:39 PM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Angry I AGREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolboo View Post
That is a good result but disappointing that Ruger would supply such a basket case in the first place, us foreigners don't get any factory service at all. Can't see any reference to the magazine drag problem, is that OK now?
it was a mess, looked good but all internal problems. yes , dragging mag drop is fixed, the mag latch and screw were replaced, inserts and drops free like melted butter now. I am pleased with the results but I agree , Q/C must have been on a smoke break when my pistol passed by !! I think I WILL keep it now.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:36 PM
Ferox34
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Jon,

you and I know where you bought it,

do you think the store culled out the "good"ones for favored customers?

Got some bad guns from their wholesaler?

Some other sales shenanigans involving selling you a lemon?

This is about the worst Ruger BNIB I have ever heard of.

Don't know if you posted anything about your gun over on Ruger Forum, would be interested what the folks over there had to say about your experience.

Ferox34

Old 11-18-2018, 01:44 PM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
AH HA !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox34 View Post
you and I know where you bought it,

do you think the store culled out the "good"ones for favored customers?

Got some bad guns from their wholesaler?

Some other sales shenanigans involving selling you a lemon?

This is about the worst Ruger BNIB I have ever heard of.

Don't know if you posted anything about your gun over on Ruger Forum, would be interested what the folks over there had to say about your experience.

Ferox34
dirty dealings from we know where, probably not, just looking at the pistol would not have given a clue, all problems were pure performance, not cosmetics, didn't show up until fired ! when I bought it at the "big annual cost sale" it was the last one! I played with it a little, but no clue on how it would shoot later. it was an unfortunate happening but it was fixed fast with excellent results. I bet the guys showed it around the Ruger repair shop, "can you guys believe we shipped this POS out to a customer" ! oh well, it is good now, we shall see how it shoots for me now.

Last edited by jon p; 11-18-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:00 PM
flgolfer29

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have you shot it since repair ?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2018, 05:33 PM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm really glad that this seems to have worked out for you Jon! True, it sounds like QC was not up to par on this one, but at least Ruger has stepped up to the plate on making it right.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:52 PM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Unhappy have not shot it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgolfer29 View Post
Have you shot it since repair ?

full time job right now taking care of my better half who had a hip transplant recently !! no spare time for the range yet ! I have a new to me HS sport king P-100 .22 pump that I haven't shot yet, plus a new to me used S&W 637 .38 special airweight begging for range time !! I will catch up soon I hope. wife making a great recovery, no walker or cane to walk now ! NO PAIN 24 hours a day also. I will report on the MKIV standard ASAP.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:56 PM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Wink YEAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by wproct View Post
I'm really glad that this seems to have worked out for you Jon! True, it sounds like QC was not up to par on this one, but at least Ruger has stepped up to the plate on making it right.
after the work Ruger did on it I have no doubt it is right , target they shot proves that. I will accuracy test it with the same ammo, cci SV, that they used. they also function tested it with 2 other brands of ammo .
Old 12-16-2018, 08:09 PM
flgolfer29

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I pray your wife continues to heal post surgery.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:28 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
...wife making a great recovery, no walker or cane to walk now ! NO PAIN 24 hours a day also...
Great to hear she's on the mend Jon...Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas!

Ted
Old 01-03-2019, 07:27 PM
Dcarey51

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
perfect out of the box, just the opposite with this new 6" MKIV standard. I just got a bad one, probably made on Friday or Monday !!
I bought a Mark IV Target in Blued finish because the wife commandeered my SS version...had to send it back to Ruger because the bolt would jam closed. Don't know if it's a firing pin issue or a bolt issue...time will tell.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:15 PM
Dcarey51

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
perfect out of the box, just the opposite with this new 6" MKIV standard. I just got a bad one, probably made on Friday or Monday !!
Had to send mine back to Ruger for repair...got it back yesterday. Hope to hit the range before the week's out!
Old 01-24-2019, 05:17 PM
CBennett21

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
I had a Mark II Standard I bought new that broke after about 80 rounds. (The trigger wouldn't reset). It was this Bill Ruger NRA Commemorative That I purchased from Davidson's.

So they replaced it free of charge in less than 24 hours. That really sold me on their Lifetime Free Replacement Warranty. A new gun in a day sure beats a repaired one you have to wait weeks for.

Not that anyone ever wants to have to use the warranty...its good to know that they were this good..impressive!