Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:08 PM
moonlightrun
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Stolle Swindlehurst

When was the Stolle Swindlehurst first made? Does anyone have a wooden prone type stock for one? How well do they shoot compared to the modern rimfire rifles? Thanks
Old 03-07-2016, 02:43 PM
Mass Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Swindlehurst

Hi,
If you contact Jim Kelby he will have all the info on the Swindlehurst actions.

When I contacted Jim he replied my #0047 action was built in August 2001.
Only 228 total were built. They are all made from 416R stainless steel.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:39 AM
ffemt
US Navy Veteran Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
87% (12)
Can I please make a correction to this post. You are correct that only 228 were made, but not all were made from SS. Serial number 0213 is the "one and only" Kelbly/Swindlehurst chrome-moly action ever made. Greg Walley made the action, hand-lapped the bolt to the receiver, and fitted the Krieger #5 chrome-moly 1-16” barrel. The barreled action is high polished and deep-blued, with a polished stainless steel bolt handle and bolt shroud, jeweled bolt body, polished and blues steel trigger guard, and Kelbly BR trigger. The stock is fancy grade English Walnut. The walnut blank came from a tree that was felled at the Black Diamond Walnut Farm in California. The stock was hand-made, bedded (screw-in/pillars) and hand-finished in semi-gloss oil by the late John Maxon. It is shaped similar to an old Sako Varminter with a beavertail forend. If you have interest in seeing this rifle, I can send pic's, but cannot post them here because I am computer stupid and can't seem to figure out photo posting.

Details

Barrel - Krieger
Action - Kelbly Stolle Swindlehurst
Gunsmith - Greg Walley
Trigger - Kelbly
Stock - English Walnut
Stockmaker - John Maxon (ACGG) (Deceased)

Last edited by ffemt; 07-27-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:02 PM
Discus420

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt View Post
Can I please make a correction to this post. You are correct that only 228 were made, but not all were made from SS. Serial number 0213 is the "one and only" Kelbly/Swindlehurst chrome-moly action ever made. Greg Walley made the action, hand-lapped the bolt to the receiver, and fitted the Krieger #5 chrome-moly 1-16” barrel. The barreled action is high polished and )
ffemt

you agreed to purchase a gun from me in the for sale section of this site. you stopped the ad and committed to buy the colt shotgun, that was a week ago I have not heard a word to all my PM's and emails. What is your intention?? I cant believe a man that says he is a Veteran an EMT and NRA member would be a deadbeat so I am guessing for some reason you cant reply????

OH WELL he is just a dead beat...........

Last edited by Discus420; 10-12-2017 at 02:43 PM.