Kidd Supergrade - Magpul vs Titan - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:28 PM
timberflint

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Kidd Supergrade - Magpul vs Titan

Curious if anyone who has ordered a Kidd Supergrade with the bedded Magpul stock has tried putting the same action in a Titan stock? Any loss of accuracy when doing so.

Ready to order a Kidd but would prefer to put it in a Titan stock unless accuracy will suffer.

Input appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:04 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
I did not care for the appearance of a local SuperGrade in a Titan stock. There was an excess of space between the barrel and forearm on both sides. When in a Magpul stock the fit was much better.

As far as accuracy, I would think that Tony Kidd would be using a Titan stock if accuracy was better than the bedded Magpul. The Magpul M-lock also allows accessories added to the stock. JMHO.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:19 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I'd say it's a matter of preference. I've had Kidd Supergrade's in both the Magpul and the Titan (plus a few others) stocks. I prefer the Titan to the Magpul just because it feels better to me. If neither stock is bedded then the Titan is probably a better option because it has the rear tang and the aluminum block in front of the receiver. Ordering the full rifle from Kidd with the already bedded stock is just as good as far as accuracy IME.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:35 PM
MarkS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got a complete Kidd Supergrade barreled action with trigger. Put it in a Titan stock with a titan rear anchor. Best 10-22 setup IMO.

Mark
Old 05-20-2019, 06:38 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I put my Supergrade in a Titan stock and there was too much movement for it to be acceptable .I tried to 2nd Titan stock with the same results .Another puzzling aspect was the barrel space between the stock and the barrel itself it was uneven yet when put it in the Magpul stock it seems perfectly even. I hear so many good things about Titan stocks just didn't work out for me.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:59 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
I put my Supergrade in a Titan stock and there was too much movement for it to be acceptable .I tried to 2nd Titan stock with the same results .Another puzzling aspect was the barrel space between the stock and the barrel itself it was uneven yet when put it in the Magpul stock it seems perfectly even. I hear so many good things about Titan stocks just didn't work out for me.
Just could not enamor myself with the wide and uneven barrel channel.

I tested my TI and Kidd combo once and that was it---sold it right away at a loss, lol!
Old 05-21-2019, 11:34 AM
timberflint

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks to everyone for your input. Guess I should also explore McMillan before deciding.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:11 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberflint View Post
Thanks to everyone for your input. Guess I should also explore McMillan before deciding.
Also might check out Tony Mele. Some users like his stocks. No personal experience by me.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1011241
Old 05-21-2019, 08:15 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27 Beck View Post
Quote:
Also might check out Tony Mele. Some users like his stocks. No personal experience by me.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1011241
+1 the nicest stocks I own were made by Tony.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:47 PM
Cowpokey
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Supergrade deserves a nice stock.

https://www.ebay.com/str/mikesstocks...at=58217138013

My 10/22T, factory 20" barrel, bolt and receiver... with Kidd single stage and some other upgrades.

Shoots better than MOA out to 100 yards with CCI SV.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yukon-grass.jpg (628.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-21-2019, 08:57 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I have a Kidd supergrade in a McMillan stock I actually like it more than the Magpul or the Titan .The one downside if you ordered direct from McMillan is the lead time about 5 month has been my experience .I've never had a bad Mcmillan stock and I have several.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:37 AM
Aggie10

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was at the NRL22 national match in Vegas, with about 120 shooters and shooting targets out to 330 yards in 15-20 moh winds. Most people were running the Vudoo V-22 bolt action, but the of the people that ran a 10/22, at least 90% of them were in Victor company stocks (other 10% were in chassis systems), I didn't actually see a single magpul stock. I ran a Kidd 10/22 in a victor stock and I can say that it in no way negatively effects accuracy.

I really like the Victor Company rear block better then Kidds as well. I imagine Kidd just got a sweet deal on Magpul stocks and that's why he runs them. I actually got to talk to Micheal Victor the owner of Victor company, he's a really awesome stand up guy.

Having said all that, there is a gap between the barrel and stock and I get why that is a dealbreaker for some. Only way I'd pick the Magpul over the Victor was if I was going with a light weight field gun. Otherwise I'm gonna pick the Victor over it 9/10 times.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:37 AM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
AZGUY makes some very nice stocks, pillar bedded and inlet for the Kidd rear tang. Mele stocks have very tight fit around the receiver, but he claims the wood is such high grade, pillar bedding isnít needed.

Mele stocks cost less , probably because they are no longer pillar bedded. I think he charges around $350. AZGUY is quite a bit more, but he offers a bit more customization and pillar beds all of them.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:49 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie10 View Post
I was at the NRL22 national match in Vegas, with about 120 shooters and shooting targets out to 330 yards in 15-20 moh winds. Most people were running the Vudoo V-22 bolt action, but the of the people that ran a 10/22, at least 90% of them were in Victor company stocks (other 10% were in chassis systems), I didn't actually see a single magpul stock. I ran a Kidd 10/22 in a victor stock and I can say that it in no way negatively effects accuracy.

I really like the Victor Company rear block better then Kidds as well. I imagine Kidd just got a sweet deal on Magpul stocks and that's why he runs them. I actually got to talk to Micheal Victor the owner of Victor company, he's a really awesome stand up guy.

Having said all that, there is a gap between the barrel and stock and I get why that is a dealbreaker for some. Only way I'd pick the Magpul over the Victor was if I was going with a light weight field gun. Otherwise I'm gonna pick the Victor over it 9/10 times.
Gun manufacturers Volquartsen and Tactical Solutions also offer their .22 rifles with an option for the Magpul stock from their factories. The M-Lok feature allows easy customization. It is good we have choices and can purchase what we like.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:53 AM
Aggie10

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27 Beck View Post
Gun manufacturers Volquartsen and Tactical Solutions also offer their .22 rifles with an option for the Magpul stock from their factories. The M-Lok feature allows easy customization. It is good we have choices and can purchase what we like.
I agree, just sharing my experiences so he could make an informed decision, accuracy will definitely not suffer with the Victor.