Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:53 PM
English

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Browning Buckmark Tools...........

Can someone kindly confirm the pin punch sizes needed for disassembly/re-assembly of a Browning Buckmark and any other suggested useful tools please

Many thanks
Old 05-20-2019, 11:11 PM
remnar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Follow the links from this sticky:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1124530
Old 05-21-2019, 05:10 AM
English

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Many Thanks

Remnar,

Thanks for the Prompt reply, that is a superb resource.

Many thanks!

Old 06-05-2019, 02:41 PM
rdas
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
English,

In that other thread, you asked "I'm preparing to strip and clean mine, I have a very occasional problem with the trigger not going all the way back and engaging any ideas on what I should be looking for would be appreciated."

When you say "not going all the way back", I'm assuming that you mean it doesn't go all the way forward, and thus it does not reset reliably.

The first thing to do is to understand how the trigger-to-sear connection works. Starting with a round in the chamber and all the parts in their ready-to-fire state... As you pull the trigger back, the top of the trigger moves forward, which pulls the disconnector (what some people call the trigger bar) forward, which pulls the top of the sear forward. As the top of the sear moves forward, the bottom of the sear moves backward, until it releases the hammer. The gun goes bang, and as the slide cycles, the slide pushes the disconnector down off the sear, and the hammer gets cocked, and the sear goes back to its previous location (top back, bottom forward, holding the hammer cocked). When the slide is done cycling, the disconnector is free to move back up and re-engage the sear, but it can't because you're still holding the trigger back (trust me, your finger is not faster than the slide), so the hump of the disconnector is touching the sear, rather than the sear being in the notch. As you let off the trigger, the v-shaped disconnector spring pushes the disconnector both upwards and backwards to re-engage the sear and pushes the trigger forward.

So... there are lots of things that could cause the trigger to not reset reliably. If the gun was previously reliable, and only recently started doing this, disassembling it and cleaning it is a good first step. While you have the slide and right-side grip off, is a good time to watch how the pieces move; you might be able to see the problem directly. If you've installed an aftermarket trigger, you may need to file it a little where the top of the trigger contacts the frame, allowing the trigger to rotate a little further forward. If it only started having this issue after you reassembled the gun, make sure the sear pin is flush with the frame on the right side (i.e. not pushing the disconnector to the right). If the gun is old and has many thousands of rounds through it, maybe replace the disconnector and/or disconnector spring.

More information about the nature of your issue would be helpful.

Dave