Two Modular Stock Builds - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:06 PM
jeronimo
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpolk View Post
That is a pretty 455. I'd have to keep it and just get a 457, LOL. I have a 452 Trainer that I'll keep, lol.
You are absolutely right!
I would never get for it, what I have in it!
Old 05-20-2019, 07:13 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswink View Post
What is the silver scope?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
If you are looking for a silver scope this one is pretty cheap with an LRX reticle:

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=121481

Not my airgun and scope but this is the ACTUAL scope that you will get from KYGUNCO:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Will focus down from 10 yards to infinity.

The inscriptions are gold.

Jeronimo, my apologies for the OT
Old 05-20-2019, 07:50 PM
jeronimo

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
If you are looking for a silver scope this one is pretty cheap with an LRX reticle:

Jeronimo, my apologies for the OT

PM is your friend.... just sayin'
Old 05-25-2019, 08:14 PM
917M2Sfan
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I've swapped all of my non-mannlicher 10/22 sporters into these American style modular stocks. For me, the high comb modules makes a noticeable difference in improved cheek weld and eye alignment when compared to any of the other Ruger factory installed sporter stocks that I've owned. For me, better fit has equaled better accuracy.

I put my CPC barreled actions in the copper mica stocks, those with GM barrels in the green stocks, and the rest in the black stocks. There is currently an eBay ad for the green stocks priced at $55.74 shipped with a low comb module. The high comb modules are usually available on eBay for around $25.

I've been using the Bushnell A17 3.5-10x36AO on several rimfire rifles and like them at the range and in the field. I haven't used them shooting at first/last light, so I can't comment on how well they transfer light. CDNN sells them for $50, the lowest price that I've seen.

Last edited by 917M2Sfan; 05-25-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:50 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Jeronimo, those are really nice builds. I think the modular stock hits that sweet spot, of cheek riser without all the other , to me, added angles of the magpul promag at1 stocks.

I like the parts you picked, the JHW bolt, the brimstone tier 2 Trigger etc. Nice job.

Hers one I built , JHW bolt , Kidd charging Handel, oversized ss pins, 28 inch GM bull barrel, Tony Mele stock, Brimstone tier 2 Trigger, Mueler 40x scope VQ rail.

Last edited by Toomany22s; 08-11-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:34 PM
jeronimo

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917M2Sfan View Post
I've swapped all of my non-mannlicher 10/22 sporters into these American style modular stocks. For me, the high comb modules makes a noticeable difference in improved cheek weld and eye alignment when compared to any of the other Ruger factory installed sporter stocks that I've owned. For me, better fit has equaled better accuracy.

I put my CPC barreled actions in the copper mica stocks, those with GM barrels in the green stocks, and the rest in the black stocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Jeronimo, those are really nice builds. I think the modular stock hits that sweet spot, of cheek riser without all the other , to me, added angles of the magpul promag at1 stocks.

I like the parts you picked, the JHW bolt, the brimstone tier 2 Trigger etc. Nice job.

Hers one I built , JHW bolt , Kidd charging Handel, oversized ss pins, 28 inch GM bull barrel, Tony Mele stock, Brimstone tier 2 Trigger, Mueler 40x scope VQ rail.
Thanks for the positive responses fellas!

917M2Sfan, looks like I've got a ways to go, to catch up with you! I am keeping my feelers out for a black modular stock, to have hydrodipped.
These stocks do fit me very well, with the added benefit of being able to swap the adult comb out for the youth comb, anytime my wife or one of our girls want to shoot.
Also, both rifles are relatively light and handy, as built. Win/Win.

Toomany22s, that rifle is a beauty. I really like the design of that Tony Mele stock. Well done!
I can pretty well guarantee you that reading some of your past threads and posts had a direct influence on these two builds.
Thank you for all the insight and knowledge you share sir....
Old 05-25-2019, 11:49 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oh I have no knowledge, I simply parrot those before me. But Iím glad to help and enable others in this fun endeavor. Sometimes Iím right and sometimes Iím wrong most of the time Iím asking questions.

But like you , I read a lot of posts , and pick up a lot of good info, like the A17 scope mentioned above. For $50 itís a great little scope, I bought mine from
Focus Camera based on a post Iíd read. Or the barrels from Rimfire Sports, or the stocks and parts from S&P, etc.

Itís all a lot of fun, and forum is full of really nice people, who know a lot, And generously offer advice help and support.

Your modular builds are outstanding examples of what the 1022 can be, I am waiting for the compact one to become available, I like shorter lop rifles, even though Iím 6í2 and have 36 in arms.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:08 PM
917M2Sfan
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
S&P currently has the following 10/22 modular stocks for sale:

Green with a standard LOP/low comb module for $50.

Black with a youth LOP/low comb module for $55.

www.sapoutfitters.com
Old 05-26-2019, 01:19 PM
jeronimo

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917M2Sfan View Post
S&P currently has the following 10/22 modular stocks for sale:

Green with a standard LOP/low comb module for $50.

Black with a youth LOP/low comb module for $55.

www.sapoutfitters.com
Thank you!