Chiappa AR 1 22LR FMK Lower ? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:08 PM
rebranger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question Chiappa AR 1 22LR FMK Lower ?

Does anybody has any experience with these guns? Just bought a used one and I'm having FTF and stove pipe problems with it.
Bolt is kind of a different design, but extractor looks OK. Ejector is different looking but works most of the time.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:24 AM
VASCAR2
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No personal experience but you might try a different magazine and I’d polish the chamber. I use a barrel mop with Flitz on a short cleaning rod attached to a hand drill. You can also use a brass brush doused in oil and buzz the chamber with a drill. The feed ramp is attached or glued onto the chamber end of the barrel. You might look to see if it is canted where the rounds don’t have a straight ramp into the chamber.

Another thing to check is the top of the barrel. The barrel chamber area can be damaged by dry firing. The barrel being deformed from repeated firing pin hits can hinder feeding. Brownell’s sells a tool to remove metal from deformed barrel chambers. Could be the owner dry fired this upper or used magazines that didn’t hold the bolt open on the last round. My first Generation DPMS 22 upper came with 10 round mags and no bolt hold open. I eventually ruined the barrel from repeated firing pin hits. It took many tens of thousands of rounds but I eventually had to remove the barrel and mill the face smooth. I needed to run a chamber reamer at that point but I opted for a new CMMG barrel.

The Chiappa 22 uppers are cheap and there have been numerous reports of poor functioning. If all else fails you might contact Chiappa CS, supposedly they treat people pretty good.

Last edited by VASCAR2; 05-21-2019 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:46 PM
rebranger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Angry Chamber & Ramp Polishing

Thanks.
Yes, I tried all that first. Used a drill & chamber brush. Polished and filed a bit on the ramp. Just made it worse!
I gave up and sent it back to Chiappa in Dayton, OH.
The end of the barrel where it goes into the receiver is a seperate piece, no 6, if you look at their parts diagram. It's held to the barrel with a set screw.
Looks to be replaceable. Maybe they will fix it.. Who knows?

Old 05-26-2019, 11:07 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I had one the only way I ever got it to run properly was to over lube everything. Then it would run until it got dirty. Seemed to work best with the cheapest ammo I could find. I got rid of it and don't miss it.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:38 AM
VASCAR2
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I hadnít read where Chiappa attaches the feed ramp barrel collar with a screw. I read Tactical Solutions glues this piece onto the chamber end of the barrel. I knew the Chiappa did not thread the end of the barrel and used a set screw on the flash hider. Makes sense why they used the set screw on the end of the chamber. Quick, cheap assembly which definitely fits their business model.

Hopefully Chiappa helps you out.