Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:06 PM
PT7
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Question about "ad testing" in Classifieds

It's been quite a while since I last posted a Classified. I have two Henry lever-action rifles I'd like to offer for sale, and wanted to do some testing first. In particular, I am challenged in posting more than one image, as I see a number of active adds have "thumbnails" listed showing multiple photos of the sale item.

~~If I posted some test ads, will I then need to delete them? If not, how are they removed?

~~And if I'm not successful in listing more than one photo, how would I get some help or instructions on this?

Thanks.
PT7
Old 05-20-2019, 08:04 PM
JEE
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (66)
It's pretty simple to make an ad... make a selection in every field. If it's a for sale ad, set a price, but do not place a $ in the price field as it will make the price zero since the system doesn't take special characters. The Paypal field is the only one that can be left blank as it's optional.

In regards to loading pics... you can only initially add one pic, but once the ad is made, you can upload 7 more for a total of 8... and this can be browsed directly from you PC and doesn't require a hosting service, however, you can post linkable pics from a hosting service in the message body.

You should be able to delete any test ads, but if not, just close them and they will eventually be deleted.

If you have an issues, just PM me.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by JEE; 05-20-2019 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:37 AM
PT7
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Helpful info...thanks. And good to know that a hosting service isn't needed to add pics. That's a good "step" to not have to deal with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEE View Post
It's pretty simple to make an ad... make a selection in every field. If it's a for sale ad, set a price, but do not place a $ in the price field as it will make the price zero since the system doesn't take special characters. The Paypal field is the only one that can be left blank as it's optional.

In regards to loading pics... you can only initially add one pic, but once the ad is made, you can upload 7 more for a total of 8... and this can be browsed directly from you PC and doesn't require a hosting service, however, you can post linkable pics from a hosting service in the message body.

You should be able to delete any test ads, but if not, just close them and they will eventually be deleted.

If you have an issues, just PM me.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:36 AM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Yes , Im gonna havta try that!