Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-27-2020, 07:12 PM
nathantc
US Army

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
20" RTB build

built two matching billet uppers with matched handguards. they will be clones of one another, one in 223 wylde and one in 22lr.

just got the scope mount in for the 22lr to start doing some proper accuracy test off the bipod (rigged up mount i had would string badly off the bipod).
this 22lr set up is nearly complete. im going to add a rifle length gas tube and low pro gas block to match the other upper (just for looks).

initial accuracy report with not so good mount shown here, its has potential
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1196929

this is the rifle now in its current state. pretty much finished minus gas block/tube and a place to mount my streamlight tlr1s
Old 06-27-2020, 10:52 PM
9x19

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
Looks good!
Old 06-28-2020, 03:38 PM
octanejunkie

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Nice looking rifle! Well done.

IMO, not that you asked, a slightly longer, or non angled handguard, would conceal the FSB/handguard cap step of the bbl.

I always found bags more consistent than a bipod when shooting for groups/accuracy. Bipods are more for that "one shot" situation in my experience.

What scope did you go with and what distance/ammo are you using for accuracy testing? Also, what trigger?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2020, 04:21 PM
nathantc
US Army

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by octanejunkie View Post
Nice looking rifle! Well done.

IMO, not that you asked, a slightly longer, or non angled handguard, would conceal the FSB/handguard cap step of the bbl.

I always found bags more consistent than a bipod when shooting for groups/accuracy. Bipods are more for that "one shot" situation in my experience.

What scope did you go with and what distance/ammo are you using for accuracy testing? Also, what trigger?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
the handguard are matched to the upper, was supposed to be 12" but they are 11" so yeah i agree they are a bit short.
scope is a 3-9x40 Nikon basically this, just older so minor differences like the turret caps. same reticle
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/niko...208166091.html
had to modify my scope mount a bit. even though it locks down only on the receiver it also fit tight to the hand guard. nothing a bench grinder didn't cure. now the mount touches only the upper not the handguard.

rifle will be zeroed at 50 yards. currently only have cci mini mag 36g hp. shot off all the rest i had. it holds 1" with the mini mags at 50 yards but only for 3 or 4 shots then an odd flyer that makes the group closers to 3". the blazer 38g lead round nose did not do this and would nearly one hole. just would not shoot good from a cold barrel... gotta find what it likes

as for the bipod i do not shoot at a range. i do so on my own 20 acres of land so the bipod is more convenient than bags.

lower is an anderson stripped lower. i used an anderson lpk with the "no lube" trigger. i love this trigger for a gi type trigger group. if i knew for sure the timney trigger would set off the rimfire reliably id buy another for this set up.. i miss that tigger in my last ar.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:47 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good look Rifle.