Win52C in full dress: Just braggin'. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-25-2019, 12:23 PM
Whiteleather

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Win52C in full dress: Just braggin'.

An old competitive shooter is cleaning house. Dropped off a bunch of parts and a rifle for me to clean up and test shoot.

Unbelievable. I put everything on it that looked to fit including a single shot mag and a Freeland rail over the baseplate. The open sights are a Redfield International Match set. (I have since switched the front sight block and the front scope block to be in the correct locations.)

There was a Fecker in the mix too, but selected the Lyman Super Targetspot as I have two others of my own that I understand and enjoy.

Anyhow....I took it to the range over the weekend and naturally it was producing one hole groups at 50' with ease with both the Lyman and the Redfields. My go to ammo for good guns is Wolf ME. Flawless performance.

Weirdly I ran some CCI Quiet .22 through it and got the same group size 1.25" below the Wolf Ammo. If you have not tried Quiet .22 through a rifle you should. NO recoil, and the only noise is the firing pin hitting the rim then a louder noise of the bullet hitting the paper (but you only hear the first one!).

This thing is heavy and only manageable with that palm hold.

This one has the Micro Motion trigger. I adjusted it to have NO travel and NO over travel with an 8 ounce trigger weight. Its like a set trigger.

I am not used to a butthook, so I took it off for testing. The base plate does not fit the stock properly, so I will likely put the factory flat plate back on.

Anyhow though you all might like a look at a 1960s era medal winner in full dress.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:41 PM
Big Larry
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Way cool. The selection you made for the scope is my choice. My M52-C BULLGUN has a 20X Lyman STS, and will put all the Red Box Eleys into the same hole at 100 yards. 50 yards is too close for a super target rifle such as yours. Get it out to 100 or even 200 yards. That is what is was made for. Big Larry

Old 03-25-2019, 01:57 PM
Greg Palman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
If the miracle trigger is stock Winchester

its my understanding that setting the trigger/sear contact too "thin" may result in sear damage. Others may want to comment.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:33 PM
Whiteleather

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Palman View Post
its my understanding that setting the trigger/sear contact too "thin" may result in sear damage. Others may want to comment.
"You can never be too rich or too thin"---Duchess of Windsor

Current condition passes rigorous bump test. Keep your trigger clean and you won't have any worries. Let it collect dust, hair or oils and even a 2# trigger will fail.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:22 PM
Cattleman30
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nice rig! I’d brag too. 😀 Glad the owner didn’t cut the stock. Always nice to see those ol target rifles.