The Mossberg Trader. - Page 21 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:03 PM
tfrank
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hi, James...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfirerodandgun View Post
Hey all. I know that I've been MIA for some time now. Just been super tied up with a plethora of life's challenges and activities. Can anyone provide me with the contact info of the sites admins? Thanks.
Hi, James and welcome back!!! I'm the moderator for this forum but SOPHIA is an excellent person to send your concerns or ideas to. She is one of this sites go to admins.
God Bless, Frank.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:22 PM
foxfirejem
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Thanks tfrank.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:35 PM
scooter22

Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Have James, good to here from you. Have a Happy Holidays.

Old 12-11-2018, 04:42 PM
foxfirejem

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
Have James, good to here from you. Have a Happy Holidays.
Thanks scooter. Good to be back with fellow Mossbergers. Is Damguys site still up? I know before I went MIA I could not access it but others could. I need to refresh my memory as to what is what and what is the proper whatever for something.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:33 PM
scooter22

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yes but it's just a shell of what it was. The owner passed away so the site became unregulated(if thats the word) and much of the individual info and pics that you would click on is gone. You get 404, 505 errors and other redirects. Sometimes what you click on locks up your PC. But one of the members here, Jbrent, made a sticky up top that has much of the lost info that was saved on individual PCs there. He did a great job. Darn shame the original went to heck. It was a great site.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:51 PM
foxfirejem

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Yes but it's just a shell of what it was. The owner passed away so the site became unregulated(if thats the word) and much of the individual info and pics that you would click on is gone. You get 404, 505 errors and other redirects. Sometimes what you click on locks up your PC. But one of the members here, Jbrent, made a sticky up top that has much of the lost info that was saved on individual PCs there. He did a great job. Darn shame the original went to heck. It was a great site.
Thanks scooter. I'll check it out. It is a shame to loose a source of information that was on a site like damguy. I understand that this site is under new management. Things seem to change over time.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:34 AM
LarDaBear
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
HELP.I need a Mossberg R118 or R119 Mag Catch Spring

I need the little TINY easily lost magazine catch spring to reassemble my R119 magazine for my resurrected US Property 42MB.The original spring was actually was broken and then it went AWOL.
I'd like to keep the original mag with the rifle if possible.
Havlin can't obtain the darn spring,Numrich doesn't have the spring either and no one will tell me who is manufacturing the new replacement magazines so I can try to get a spring from them.
So,if you have an R118 or R119 magazine that's otherwise junk but has a good magazine catch spring I could really use one.
It's held in by a pin on the back of the mag that also holds the mag catch.
I have a bunch of NOS US Gov't surplus trigger group parts,many still in the gov't packages,for the 42M and 44US series Mossbergs available that I will never need.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:39 PM
LRJ

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
mag catch spring

LarDaBear If you can not locate a catch spring. Maybe you could make one from a spring out of old 3.5" floppy disk

Ray
Old 12-22-2018, 01:58 PM
LarDaBear
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarDaBear View Post
I need the little TINY easily lost magazine catch spring to reassemble my R119 magazine for my resurrected US Property 42MB.The original spring was actually was broken and then it went AWOL.
I'd like to keep the original mag with the rifle if possible.
Havlin can't obtain the darn spring,Numrich doesn't have the spring either and no one will tell me who is manufacturing the new replacement magazines so I can try to get a spring from them.
So,if you have an R118 or R119 magazine that's otherwise junk but has a good magazine catch spring I could really use one.
It's held in by a pin on the back of the mag that also holds the mag catch.
I have a bunch of NOS US Gov't surplus trigger group parts,many still in the gov't packages,for the 42M and 44US series Mossbergs available that I will never need.

Here's a link on RFC here that shows the spring I need,I guess the correct terminology is the release lever spring.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=499145
Old 12-22-2018, 05:07 PM
scooter22

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good luck. Thats a complicated little spring. I bet the old Mossberg employees who sat and bent those all day hit the bar on the way home.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:24 PM
slickshot223
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
The source for the new 42 and 44 magazine is in Taiwan, and was developed by Numrich
Old 12-22-2018, 07:29 PM
rosscoe

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
Quote:
Good luck. Thats a complicated little spring. I bet the old Mossberg employees who sat and bent those all day hit the bar on the way home.

LOL!!!
Old 04-22-2019, 04:04 PM
625-10scc
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Scope mount for a 46a

I have a Wards Western Field 93M - 496A I think that's a Mossberg 46A cover , please correct me if I'm wrong . Would like a period correct scope mount.
Have lots of junk that maybe your treasure to trade .

Last edited by 625-10scc; 04-22-2019 at 04:14 PM.