Ruger 10/22 Upgrade ..The Competitor CNC Precision Upgrade Bolt by JWH Custom - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:35 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Ruger 10/22 Upgrade ..The Competitor CNC Precision Upgrade Bolt by JWH Custom

From their Website:

Our new and redesigned The Competitor bolt takes feature of 2 of our best selling bolts and makes it into one out of this world bolt. You all have spoken and we heard you! With this amazing redesign, We removed the insert handles that was from the original version so that we can allow the use our the traditional handle so there is no need to fear losing the handle! Along with our original firing pin that was designed especially for this boltÖ boom! You guys get the all in one amazing bolt! Yes, you wanted the firing pin removable, so we made the changes and now you have it all! No need to worry about not being able to change the firing pin if you needed to! This is extremely easy to install and it helps decrease lock time to prevent binding and misfires. A Beautiful example of what we offer.The Competitor bolt is CNC machined, and is drop in ready assembly that features JWH Custom Special Designed Firing Pin and Extractor installed to ensure the ultimate ignition and extraction.

For a limited time, we will make this into a bolt kit with a random pull charging handle! This will include the bolt, a random (our choice) charging handle, bolt buffer and gun lube. This does not include the display box.

---------------------------

Got mine today... will get it installed and tested shortly...
Thought it was noteworthy news for the Gents that like the Competitor bolt design = good news for those that worried about the firing pin being non-removable.. now it is .. yupp - This bolt now allows you to remove the firing pin in the event buyers need to change it.

Old 04-22-2019, 03:16 PM
GH41

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Did they ever say why started putting the FP retaining spring into a blind hole. My original competitor bolt has the hole drilled through and the FP can be removed. My charging hasn't come out yet. I was skeptical at first but I got one of the first bolts that came with 4 charging handles. I figured if I lost a couple I would have ample time to do something different.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:24 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Like you I have not had any issues... but, I firmly believe that with all their re-mods they had to take stupidity and paranoia out of the equation.

Old 04-22-2019, 03:58 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
Did they ever say why started putting the FP retaining spring into a blind hole. My original competitor bolt has the hole drilled through and the FP can be removed. My charging hasn't come out yet. I was skeptical at first but I got one of the first bolts that came with 4 charging handles. I figured if I lost a couple I would have ample time to do something different.
yeah, same here

I'm glad I bought the competitor bolts when I did..I like the older design better than either of the newer ones that have come since
Old 04-22-2019, 05:31 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Has anyone ever checked their tolerances compared to the Kidd bolt?
Old 04-22-2019, 06:26 PM
homersapien

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2HB View Post
Has anyone ever checked their tolerances compared to the Kidd bolt?
Iím too lazy to do that, but I own a JWH and Kidd and, anecdotally, I prefer the Kidd. It feels smoother.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:33 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by homersapien View Post
Iím too lazy to do that, but I own a JWH and Kidd and, anecdotally, I prefer the Kidd. It feels smoother.
funny, I did an honest blind test between my KIDD and JWH when I first got the JWH, and couldn't tell the difference in the way they felt

but my wallet could tell a difference, I bought two of the old Competitor bolts on sale and still spent $20 less than what the cheapest KIDD bolt costs

so when I need another bolt I will just go with whoever is cheaper at that time
Old 04-22-2019, 08:49 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I bought a couple of JWH bolts on the last sale they had. Maybe it was the one before the last sale? Either way, I havenít done another build so I havenít used one. Maybe when I do a 10/22 Thompson build, one will get used.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:16 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Are these on sale again? I looked at their website and the competitor is $198, with a charging handle.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:58 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Are these on sale again? I looked at their website and the competitor is $198, with a charging handle.
not a sale..introduction to the 3rd generation of Competitor bolt
Old 04-23-2019, 06:09 AM
linux_author
US Coast Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
can someone enlighten me on the benefits of this new bolt?

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico
Old 04-23-2019, 08:50 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
not a sale..introduction to the 3rd generation of Competitor bolt
So the second gen, could take the std charging Handel, but the firing pin was locked in?

And the first gen, was a a VQ ish , bolt ?

And why aren’t they shiny, like their other bolts?
Old 04-23-2019, 12:43 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
So the second gen, could take the std charging Handel, but the firing pin was locked in?

And the first gen, was a a VQ ish , bolt ?

And why arenít they shiny, like their other bolts?
correct

don't know why no shiny
Old 04-23-2019, 01:40 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bought mine last July when the were $50, was supposed be a scalloped, but never got it, so they sent me another, was a competitor, gen 2, , never could get to explain what a gen 2 was,. Now I know, it took a std charging Handel. The only other differences from their othe bolts appear to be that the extractor and firing pin are EDM vs laser cut, and apparently not polished.

In November the sale was a bolt and charging Handel for $70. A 40% increase, and now $198 , almost a 200% increase. Iíd say someone has a boat payment to make