The Watering Hole 4-21-2019 - Page 6 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 02:38 PM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Was that the Ford Ranger clone?

My old man bought a Ranger in about 1980, and was incensed that the glass said "Mazda" on it. I guess some parts were produced in each country, and then combined with whichever badge was expedient.
Mazda came first. The overflow was rebadged as Ford .

A fair representation of my trucking past...

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 04-22-2019, 04:17 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COW 54 View Post
Mazda came first. The overflow was rebadged as Ford .

A fair representation of my trucking past...

That would explain it. I was still living in the UK at the time, so the whole concept of "pickup" was a bit foreign anyway.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:45 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COW 54 View Post
I had a Mazda B-2000. It served me well for 18 years. Would tow a trailer with a boat aboard with no difficulty. I actually miss that truck.
It's a darn pity that nobody makes a light duty truck anymore.

My uncle had a Toyota mini pickup. It was a great rural ride. By the time he needed a new one they didn't exist anymore.

I had a 91 Ranger, likely similar to the B-2000, it was a good ride though I spent a fair amount keeping the suspension in tune along with the front axle system. It made 235,000 miles before it cracked a ring and I decided I needed a cheaper on gas commuter as my 7 mile drive turned into a 32 mile drive to work.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:57 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Toyota Tacoma is smaller than its big brother the Tundra but still rides rough.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:59 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yesterday I stopped by my sister and brother in laws house. Dropped off some hourduvers and some of his favorite IPA. (not my favorite)

When I came back closer to dinner time I tried one of those beers. Easy beer to nurse for a hour. It is very hoppy.

After dinner he broke out a bottle of some beer he recieved for Christmas.

https://www.shortsbrewing.com/beers/juicy-tree/

Spruce tree is part of the ingredients. My brother in law uncapped a bottle, filled some shot glasses and had us guys try it. I think I could chug bowel prep faster than this stuff. Since I wanted to stay legal, I sipped on three shot glasses of this stuff until the time I left for home. I'm not sure who finished the bottle or how many bottles are left from the six pack.

If you remember a while back his son miscommunicated with his deer processor so there was 100# of venison breakfast sausage in the freezer. The good news is they consumed about 50#. The bad news is when they left to go downstate for a multi day vacation, the freezer door wasn't fully closed. Brisket, walleye, and 50# of remaining sausage was ruined.

My bil has an ozone generator in the basement in his attempt to kill the death smell this fiasco left.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.

Last edited by Szumi; 04-22-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:33 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Shorts Brewing, Bellaire, MI has quite a following. Don't know about their fruity beers though. Seems to be a thing with a lot of the micro breweries.

Have seen them represented at some water events. Part of a No Water, No Beer campaign.

Be careful with those higher alcohol content craft beers. One of our contractors from werk is werking the chain gang for a few months. Had two craft beers at one of the local breweries awhile back and got stopped. Was right on the limit and it cost him.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:54 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Don't mess with the Easter Bunny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5lUV-rXlzA
Old 04-22-2019, 06:21 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I like their "advocating for women's safety" tag line.

Speaking of which, did you guys read/hear about the women who carried a gun into church and threatened to blow the place up? Congregation tackled her. That's how it's supposed to work. Gun turned out to be unloaded but still....

My favourite niece graduates HS in June. I've been invited to attend, what with being the favourite auntie and all. She is in Canada. My passport has expired. Better get crackin' on getting it renewed.
You need a passport now!? I thought it was still possible to get across with the "enhanced" ID; guess I'm out of touch (hard to imagine, I know).

You could come to NY and we could try to sneak you across on the Akwesasne Reservation.

On a related segue, heading back up from the DC area on the interstates today, it seemed like half of Ontario and a quarter of Quebec were also heading home. I hope they had their passports up to date.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:26 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
We called em Ford Exploders years ago.
Yes Sir my 2000 came with those lovely Firerock tires, didn't stay long.

Back to Pulmonary rehab this morning and then to the range this afternoon, suppressed T1x .17hmr is still fairly noisy but with the can was shooting 20 gr. Gamepoints more better.

Scout is zeroed with RWS Subsonic HP's, with the can some Squirrels are gonna die next season.

New to me Brno no. 1 shoots as good as its brothers which is quite good thank you, now I feel like someone beat me but its a good tired.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:08 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVStalin View Post
Oh well ; what the hey ? Sneaux predicted this evening through Weds morn . The Yukon is predicted to break up early . The Kuskokwim and Tanana have both gone out already . I have not heard any sandhill cranes yet .
eaux no! Not sneaux.

I always wanted go to to Alaska. Never did. God's country, I'm told.

Harvested my first Roma tomato. The one I took pictures of earlier.

Many more to come off the vines.

Harvested a couple of radishes. Now I know why some are hotter. Age.
This one was HOT.

Karen hasn't eaten her's yet.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:13 PM
mdew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post
Who knows what this brown stick like plant is? Will have flower. Smells high.

If it has a flower that kinda surrounds the stalk itís a Corpse plant.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:15 PM
mdew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Had a good weekend: no turkeys gobbling yet makes it hard to call one in. Although we found 31 morel (small grays) Saturday and Sunday.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:51 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdew View Post
If it has a flower that kinda surrounds the stalk itís a Corpse plant.
Voodoo Lillie. Leaves come out the top and some sort of flower. Stinks.

Home. More feeder lanes cut at deep woods. Cut out from feeder to stand. Then sprayed "agent orange" on it and another shooting lane at a newer stand. Did not touch that shooting lane last year. "Agent orange" seems to kill it and not much come back. "Agent orange" is Glyphosphate [Gly Star Plus 41%]. Just call it that. Spraying about 1 1/3 recommended strength. "Burnt ground"

Showered and resting. Got early out again to WakeMed North. Doppler of aorta. Yes, just had ultra sound on same. All OK. Oh well. Dr. ordered. No food or drink after midnight. Again!!!!.

Late 70's, 80's and 90's, use to cross into Canada and back with no problem and never asked for ID. Was always harder to come home than to go over. But still OK. Oh well.

Thirsty so Diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:53 PM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Garbage up to the road for pickup in the morning, yard mowed, cat boxes dealt with. Ate up the last of the crackers with peanut butter; simplest of snacks is mighty good. Just wish there were more crackers. Back to neck PT tomorrow. Neck and head MRI scheduled on May 1st, still waiting for the lower back set up.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:12 PM
pans858
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Turkeys have been gobbling good here... but the dang new "employment situation" has me toeing the line and no hunting in the future.But I'm sure I'll find a moment to sneak away anyway!

I lied to you all about the Steel Challenge Results... looked at the wrong results chart on PractiscoreÖ I was actually 3rd and 5th. Oops.

Meeting at LGC was at 6, so I went at 5 and did some prone and standing practice with the Anschutz MPR and H&R M12. Perhaps I can duplicate my results in the club match on Thursday. Perhaps not.

After the committee meeting, discovered I had tossed my coat (with car keys) into the car and locked it up. Fortunately a spare set was at home, so NBD.

Wife and I stayed home for Easter. We're not traveling with the aged little doggie these days. So we colored a couple dozen eggs and I hid them (errr, I mean the Easter Bunny hid them) for her to find. To date, we've eaten 1.5 dozen between us in the last two days. Boiled eggs, deviled Eggs, creamed eggs....
Closed Thread