I gave up on finding a decent TX22,,, - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:46 AM
aarondhgraham
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Quote:
Ignore the guy...he's obviously a troll.
You're correct,,,
I allowed myself to engage.

Aarond

Old 04-22-2019, 11:20 AM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)
My TX22 has some chattering in the last 1/4" of the barrel. Otherwise, the pistol is fine. It shoots pretty well with CCI SV, and while I wish the barrel looked better, but the pistol groups very well and I'm pleased with it.

It's not the quality or precision of my CZ Kadet II, but it's still great for training and plinking, so it's staying with me.

Aarond's comments are very valid. The TX22 is a great design, but if they can't get a barrel made correctly, it won't last in the market.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:33 PM
mykdee
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
My TX22 has some chattering in the last 1/4" of the barrel. Otherwise, the pistol is fine. It shoots pretty well with CCI SV, and while I wish the barrel looked better, but the pistol groups very well and I'm pleased with it.

It's not the quality or precision of my CZ Kadet II, but it's still great for training and plinking, so it's staying with me.

Aarond's comments are very valid. The TX22 is a great design, but if they can't get a barrel made correctly, it won't last in the market.
Everyone needs to call Taurus and make a claim about the barrel problem. I called and asked about the problem ALOT of people are having with their barrels, they acted like they have never heard of the chattering problem. I spoke to multiple people and all said that it had not been reported

Old 04-28-2019, 07:53 PM
JohnnyK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My experience...

I bought the TX22 without really looking it over at the shop. Turns out mine had out of control chatter marks in the bore as well. Shot it maybe 350-400 rounds and yes, it cycles with everything in the .22m lr. power spectrum. Obviously accuracy wasn't all that great (actually, spectacular considering the condition of the bore!) so I contacted Taurus to see about getting it in.

The lady at Customer Service was very polite and to the point and within a few minutes had a shipping label in my email. Get this - I sent it in on a Tuesday and got it back the next week Thursday - 9 days including the day I shipped it. Needles to say I was quite pleased. And the best part is the replacement barrel had uninterrupted lands and grooves!

It shoots better now for sure as one might imagine. In the area of 2 3/4" groups at 25 yards with Mini Mag 40 gr. About 600 rounds fired now - 100% functioning.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:17 AM
wbwanzer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
My experience...

I bought the TX22 without really looking it over at the shop. Turns out mine had out of control chatter marks in the bore as well. Shot it maybe 350-400 rounds and yes, it cycles with everything in the .22m lr. power spectrum. Obviously accuracy wasn't all that great (actually, spectacular considering the condition of the bore!) so I contacted Taurus to see about getting it in.

The lady at Customer Service was very polite and to the point and within a few minutes had a shipping label in my email. Get this - I sent it in on a Tuesday and got it back the next week Thursday - 9 days including the day I shipped it. Needles to say I was quite pleased. And the best part is the replacement barrel had uninterrupted lands and grooves!

It shoots better now for sure as one might imagine. In the area of 2 3/4" groups at 25 yards with Mini Mag 40 gr. About 600 rounds fired now - 100% functioning.
Wow. Sounds good. Did you have to send the entire gun in or could you just send the barrel?
Old 04-29-2019, 04:23 PM
wbwanzer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
Get this - I sent it in on a Tuesday and got it back the next week Thursday - 9 days including the day I shipped it. Needles to say I was quite pleased. And the best part is the replacement barrel had uninterrupted lands and grooves!
I'm torn with what to do with mine. Your barrel came back good, rws53's barrel was mixed: "They replaced the barrel. The new barrel has worse chattering but at least the chamber is concentric with the bore on this one. They also did not return the magazine I was requested to send in with the gun."

I guess I'll wait to see what happens with some of the others that have been sent in.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:54 PM
copfish
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I must have gotten lucky. I bought mine at my LGS, never checked the barrel and it looks good. No chatter, concentric chamber. Mine is one of the first thousand made.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:06 AM
JohnnyK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I asked the lady if I could just send the barrel in - she said "No, we'll need the whole gun including both magazines."
I got everything back that I sent in. And shipping was covered both ways. Besides, what would one do with a pistol and no barrel? The only thing I was out was a box to ship the gun in.
Overall.... I have to say I'm impressed with their customer service.

Does anyone think the hump on the rear of the grip is a bit much? I'm taking steps to rectify it. I'll just say it involves lots of epoxy.

Hey... it's only a $300 gun if I mess it up!
Old 05-03-2019, 10:35 AM
flylo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
97% (149)
I didn't read any of this till now & glad & didn't as I pick one up yesterday I ordered & it runs fine & looks fine. I just tried 2 mags, one with subsonics & one with Fed HP 38 grain & it ran fine. I checked the barrel as I always do & it was clean with no issues. A bargain at $259/shipped & $10 trasnfer. If I'd have read this I'd have never order tried one.

Then you had me worried I didn't look it over so I just took it apart, took the barrel out & everything is perect, feed ramp, no chatter marks, no tooling marks of any kind. Usually I'm the one with the dudd, but I'm very pleased now! I bought a Full Conceal Gen 4 Glock 19 & being I'm cheap this is perfect to practice with, same size & I always close my eyes point the handgun & open them & both are right where they need to be & leel alike. Both have odd triggers with a lot of take up then feel the wall then a light squeeze. I'm a single action fan but as long as you know where the wall is they'll be fine. Good Luck all!

Last edited by flylo; 05-03-2019 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:12 AM
flylo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
97% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post

Maybe they subbed some barrel making out to CZ just couldn't resist
Old 05-03-2019, 02:23 PM
aarondhgraham
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My intent wasn't to deter buying one of these pistols,,,

My intent wasn't to deter buying one of these pistols,,,
It was simply to say, "Check the gun out before you buy it."

I believe that ordering a Taurus sight-unseen is too risky,,,
I own three Taurus handguns and mine all work fine.

Taurus has good designs for their products,,,
It their quality control at the plant that is lacking.

When I went looking locally, both stores had higher prices than Buds Gun Shop,,,
Even with a $10.00 transfer fee Buds would have been cheaper.

But my practice with Taurus is that I want to inspect the gun before I whip out my credit card.

A few years back I was looking at a NIB Taurus revolver at a gun show,,,
After looking at the table sample I decided to buy one.

I insisted on a new in box one though and it was a good thing I did,,,
Upon inspection we found that the cylinder would not lock,,,
It just spun no matter where the hammer was cocked.

That's all I was trying to convey,,,
Check out the exact gun before you buy it.

Aarond

Old 05-03-2019, 03:18 PM
Fundy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
As far as comparable pistols go, the Walther PPQ M2 .22 (not the P22) is very similar.

I have both the TX and the PPQ, and though they are similar (both function well with almost any ammo) the PPQ is the better pistol IMO.

They are also very similarly priced.
Thanks for the heads up on the Walther PPQ M2 22. I was all set to get the 16+1 round Taurus, but now and thinking about the Walther.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:26 AM
rellisonii

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First time out

Shot mine for first time this weekend, slide locked back on its own with rounds still in the mag once, and one failure to feed in 96 rounds. Pretty much no recoil, felt good in hand. No leading in barrel and cleaned up with two passes with boresnake. Can't wait to shoot more and break in.