Good thing I got an easy to clean suppressor. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-21-2019, 12:28 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good thing I got an easy to clean suppressor.

Here are photos after only about 400 rounds. There was still plenty of volume inside the tube but I expect any suppressor just gets harder to clean the longer you wait. I think I will be cleaning after about every 500 rounds. Does anyone know if there is something you can spray inside these units that will help when it comes cleaning time....something like a spray on moly. SilencerCo SS Sparrow pictured. It cleaned up pretty spotless but not without a soaking and some elbow grease. Sure does quiet down a noisy little pistol. CCI Quiets at 710 fps are pellet gun quiet but won't reliably cycle the slide. CCI Suppressor rounds have worked the best to date. Remington Goldens pop louder than Mini Mags for some reason. And, CCI Velocitors had about two failures to feed in a couple of ten round strings. I have absolutely no idea why that is....they run 100% unsuppressed. Too much blow back gas???? 1917

Old 04-22-2019, 09:45 AM
catbird
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
I have tried all the suggestions previously posted here on this topic. Any lube helps, but nothing is a magic wand to prevent the lead concrete caking. Just be ready to clean regularly. If your unit has no aluminum components, soak overnight in 50:50 white vinegar and peroxide. This is the best cleaning method I have found, including ultrasonic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2019, 03:20 PM
jm10/22

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I mainly use an ultra sonic cleaner, don't like the dip.

To me the best cleaning plan is your idea of cleaning every 500rds, that's what I do.

I'd also use something besides the Remington ammo, very dirty and more build up than say using CCI standard velocity.

I did not start out cleaning every 500rds, had to use the dip few times to get clean and I did shoot a lot of golden and had to send sparrow back for repair.

If you plan on getting another one, I'd suggest getting one like the silencerco spectre II or https://libertycans.net/vector-22lr-rimfire-silencer/

Last edited by jm10/22; 05-01-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Old 05-23-2019, 12:42 PM
SavagePlinker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by catbird View Post
I have tried all the suggestions previously posted here on this topic. Any lube helps, but nothing is a magic wand to prevent the lead concrete caking. Just be ready to clean regularly. If your unit has no aluminum components, soak overnight in 50:50 white vinegar and peroxide. This is the best cleaning method I have found, including ultrasonic.
I like a light coating of silicone grease pre-, and a 30-min. boil in straight, cheap vinegar (6% or so at Walmart, Lowes, etc.) for the cleanup. Easy wipe and everything looks like new. If you went too many rounds without cleaning do an overnight soak before the boil. I don't soak or boil the suppressor tube itself as there is no need. A little brushing with the leftover vinegar and a tooth-brush gets it back to Spin-N-Span quickly.