Beretta U22 Neos - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-16-2018, 01:59 PM
Tonwilliam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Beretta U22 Neos

I know this gun did not get a good review when it came out. I am interested what people think of it now that its been around for awhile? I have been offered one that looks like new and would like to hear what others recommend.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:38 PM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Talking JUMP ON IT !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonwilliam View Post
I know this gun did not get a good review when it came out. I am interested what people think of it now that its been around for awhile? I have been offered one that looks like new and would like to hear what others recommend.
if price is decent and it is in excellent shape. is it the 6"? stainless? check gunbroker to compare prices. they are excellent plinker pistols, I wish I had never traded my Neos off.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:46 PM
GladesGuy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought my 6" Neos shortly after they came out in 2002. I have literally put many thousands of rounds of all kinds through it without a problem. This gun will eat any cheap ammo you put through it without any problems. The main weakness is the heavy trigger but it does smooth out a bit with use. Mine is remarkably accurate, especially since the trigger is not the best. I have a cheap Tasco red dot mounted on it and I can hit tennis balls at 50 yards off the bench consistently. It is a very fun plinker. It is one of the first pistols I go for when I want to just plink at cans or tennis balls for fun. You can't really go wrong with it!

Old 12-20-2018, 04:49 PM
vet6771
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I bought mine in December of 2015 and haven't shot it that much at all. I like the design, feel, price and versatility, and ease of cleaning of the pistol. Like many others, my issue is with the trigger. I hated the trigger when I first got it and even sent it back to Beretta and had it returned with virtually no improvement. The trigger pull was a mile long, gritty and heavy. Recently I started shooting it again and I'm finding it seems to be smoothing out a bit, or maybe I'm just getting used to it. I'm used to shooting .22 target rifles and the trigger pull is a totally different animal on a plinker pistol, so some of my discontent my just be personal preference. I DO like the feel of the Neos in my hand. I don't have large hands in the Neos fits VERY comfortably. Mine functions very well with a variety of ammo and I can't complain about that. If you haven't already made your decision, get a snap cap or a wall anchor of appropriate size and try dry firing it and see what you think of the trigger pull. It's a fun gun and I've shot it with the factory sights and a red dot.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:21 PM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I would say get it...as long as you have expectation management. Bottom line, it is a good gun, but will never be a supper accurate target gun. I bought one for my wife, yes it is pink, and I also enjoy shooting it. It does not and will never compare to my Volquartesn, but it is fun to shoot. I did send it out to have some trigger work done which helped. So if you are just looking for a fun plinker, then you cannot go wrong.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:41 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought my 6 inch Inox used. Itís a lot of fun, easy to shoot well with a cheap red dot. Easy to deal with too. Simple disassembly easy to clean , and easy to load . As for the trigger, itís fine.You will learn how to shoot it fast. And I shoot it one handed , like the olympians
Old 12-20-2018, 10:28 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The grip angle does favor one hand shooting. My cousin had one. It was great before we got into light triggers, then it lagged behind the Buckmark and MK series Rugers. But it was accurate and a goat, in that it would eat basically anything. Only hiccups I remember were the first time my cousin used it in steel challenge. He hadn't cleaned it in ages and was shooting old lot SK Standard plus greaseballs. It hung up. A guy shot the chamber full of dry lube and it ran fine again. My cousin didn't take particular care of it, as this was a 6" stainless and it had rust spots on it.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:25 PM
Tonwilliam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I purchased the NEOS. I shot a steel challenge tonight and finished third out of 31 shooters. The gun got a lot of interest most were surprised I did as well as I did. Had a lot of request to try it. One seasoned gentleman said the trigger must of had some work as he has one and it doesn't fell anything like mine. Next purchase is a red dot, might be able to improve next steel match
Old 12-23-2018, 07:21 AM
OLEHUNTER456

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
neos trigger

mine is a 6 in blue used from gunbroker. the trigger//can be improved . with the pistol dissembled push the fireing pin into cocked position . while holding the fireing pin forward pull the trigger . if you feel the fireing pin being levered toward the back of the pistol it will be levered back aganst the spring when assembled. thes adds greatly to trigger pull. apiece of feeler gauge .0025 laid on the flat portion of the fireing pin will correct this and reduce the pretravel. some have used silver solder to attach this , I used super glue . even if it comes loose it trapped in place by the spring. I like the way mine shoots but the trigger will never be as good as my brownings. happy shooting
Old 12-23-2018, 08:57 AM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
I purchased the NEOS. I shot a steel challenge tonight and finished third out of 31 shooters. The gun got a lot of interest most were surprised I did as well as I did. Had a lot of request to try it. One seasoned gentleman said the trigger must of had some work as he has one and it doesn't fell anything like mine. Next purchase is a red dot, might be able to improve next steel match
Congrats on your new gun, glad to hear you like it and it is shooting well. As for the red dot you want to add, I run a Burris FFIII and recommend it. It is small, light weight, and easy to use. I have them on all my 22 pistols and have never had a problem with them. You can usually find them "new" on eBay for pretty good prices.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:59 AM
chicharrones

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

A Neos with a good trigger already in it? Congrats and well done on the steel challenge.
Old 12-27-2018, 11:49 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The old Hexidismal trigger job site has been gone for a few years now. I should have screenshotted it back in the day. I can't remember all of the polishing points. All I can remember was polishing the underside of the firing pin. The big change from that trigger job was replacing the sear spring with one out of a Mini Bic lighter. That I do remember well, because it seemed kind of hayseed, but it worked.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:40 AM
OLEHUNTER456

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
beretta neos

while rereading a recent post I realized I made an error . the shim should be .025 . ie 25 thousands not ten thousands.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:19 AM
billwunder

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Fun plinker.

Neos is a fun plinker, but generally not for serious targets shooting. Mine is 10 years old with zero issues. Shoots great, cleans easy and runs any ammo. Mine has thousands of rounds.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:02 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Mine... I've had it for 9 years+

Thursday results

It isn't as good as the Smith 41, but it's a good pistol

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol