Completed Frankenruger LLV 22/45 - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:44 PM
2Barrels
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_80 View Post
You can pay like $30 for those and the sun shade from Guga Ribas or you can buy the chinese ones on Ebay for like $8 and just wait a month for them to arrive. Did the latter myself. Its just a piece of plastic, so seriously, I never understood the Guga Ribas price. I have a pair, they fit and work fine. Search ebay for C-more sunshade or cover.
Thanks for the lead.

FWIW, while I was poking around ePay, I notices that there a ton of Chinese knock-off C-More Slide Rides and Railways. Wonder how many unsuspecting folk have been taken by those?
Old 04-10-2019, 10:20 PM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had a good friend by one of the nock-offs of the Slideride. POS. Base keeps coming loose. It doesn't hold center and the dot is almost invisible when shot in the bright sunlight here in Arizona.

You spend more for the C-More but you definitely get what you pay for.

I decided to try the Vortex sights to see what the small reflex sights are like. I still have 3 C-Mores and like them a lot.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:35 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The Chinese knockoff sights are pretty bad. The covers on the other hand work perfect. My cousin bought a couple of the knockoff sights. Put them on AR style air rifles. They work, but obvious that they suck. Now their finish on the other hand actually looks better than actual C-mores. The dot is probably 2-3MOA on them. One, the battery cover screw stripped out immediately.

Some say you can put a C-more dot module in them and they work great. Do that crap at your own risk. We tried just for the heck of it, and you would have to sand down the C-more module for it to fit. Nope. I'm not modifying a $50 module to fit inside a $30 knockoff sight.

Lastly, as far as those covers go, they are more for looks to me (albeit I have 2 of them). I've never had a C-more Railway wash out in the sun in the middle of the summer.