Rossi WMR Semi - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-27-2020, 08:27 PM
Arkar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I want to add. The instructions said to clean the gunk out Rossi uses to ship. I did clean it out but I’ll admit it was kinda tricky for me. Also it does not like the lighter 30g V Max stuff but it has fed shot and ejected every CCI hp and game point I’ve fed it. Probably up to maybe 400-450 rounds so far. Maybe I got lucky? Or maybe I’ll regret it down the road. Oh I topped it with a cheap red dot. Liking it so far.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:40 AM
MNBobster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Glad you got a good one. The issue with Rossi, that is to say Braztech, is that their warranty "service" is the worst. It's going on 5 months and mine is still waiting for an unknown part. This rifle and I assume all are manufactured in Brazil. Go to their website and try to find a spare magazine. They don't have them and neither does any US dealer. If you check the BBB at https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/hialeah/pr...-0633-92014583 OR https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/bainbridge...al-0743-101374 you will get the picture. Braztech is also Taurus, just so you are aware.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:43 AM
MNBobster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkar View Post
I see this is a month old but wanted to share my experience with this thing. I have a friend who owns a gun shop and has been selling the heck out of these things. Hes told me not a single one has come back his way with a problem. I kinda liked the feel of the little thing and overall size. And have been kicking it around for awhile for a Kubota side x side buggy gun.
A few days ago he was unboxing his latest shipments and whoa and behold there was a Rossi mag for the RS22M.
I asked if anyone had spoke for it and he acted sort of surprised and said no. I knew from looking online these things were scarce. Long story short bought the rifle for 230 bucks and 22 bucks for the magazine. He told me he had some mags on order for a long time and was surprised to see that one. I also put Dibbs in the next two mags that come in.
I know I was taking a chance but when the guy tells you hes had no complaints on app 20 I think he said hed sold well why not.
I wasnt crazy about the mag but its not that different from my CZ 512m.
So far nothing but good luck.
They aren't expensive and a new rifle should be OK, but woe to you if it isn't.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:51 PM
Arkar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oh I am more than familiar with Rossi’s service reputation. It was just one of those things. I kinda liked the feel of the thing but I was also aware of the magazine shortage. Which is crazy. I DO believe what everyone is saying.
But from what the owner told me who is a personal friend that I believed. And there was a new spare magazine over there. Well I bit. And maybe I’m just one of the lucky ones. It’s not like I haven’t chanced a cheap gun before. Most were OK but I admit having some bad luck as well.
Ive put quite a few thru it since I posted. And it is still doing quite well. I’ve been shooting the armscor 40 gr jacketed hp as I somehow wound up with a ton of it a couple of years ago. Stuff runs without a hiccup. The only prob I’ve had was with the lighter 30gr polymer tip. Both CCI and Hornady. Everything else has run fine.

With the magazine issue as bad as it is I thought some may think I was maybe stretching the truth bout that. Attached is a pic of it still in the package. Lol.
I’ve spoke For the next two when and if they come in. He admitted he wasn’t expecting any for awhile and some have been on backorder for a long time. Again I lucked out. But if that spare mag hadn’t been available I would not have bought that day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A4B23FFF-0D46-4440-A9FC-597EE50E06C5_1606938159393.jpg (207.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-17-2020, 01:35 PM
MNBobster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New Rossi website 12/17/20

So, went to Rossi's website to see if it recognizes my rifle yet. Lo and behold, it looks quite different. They don't ask for a zipcode to check status anymore and...it recognized my serial and it is Step2 Repair in progress. In other words nothing has changed. 5 months and counting. However, the e-mail query I did from 12/9 has received no reply after 8 days.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:49 AM
countyslave

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
American made

I'm quite interested in this conversation and comments such as you get what you pay for and Rossi's reputation for low quality. I can attest to the fact that I own a Rossi rs .22LR and it is a great little rifle and having had a Ruger 10/22 I'll put the Rossi up against one of those any day for reliability and accuracy. Now on to my Savage model 93 "minimilist" in .22mag. Absolutely poor as it came from the factory. It would not feed at all. Tried adjusting lips on mag (two of them, same issue) to no avail. Had to send gun back to the factory. Came back about 4 (not bad turn around) weeks later and worked better but not right until I had many rounds thru it. While correspondence was polite they were slow in responding. Did I get the situation resolved? Yes but really, Savage has been making that particular "metal" magazine for ages and there shouldn't be any issues any longer and having researched here it appears many others have had that problem as well. Not good enough for "made in USA."
Old 01-27-2021, 11:33 AM
MNBobster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So, I sent them an inquiry and lo and behold...

I sent a query to Rossi a few days ago (past 6 months now) and asked for a refund or my repaired rifle. They are offering to send me a new rifle. I'll let you know if it happens.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:08 PM
MNBobster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Miracles do happen!

I sent a message to Rossi Customer Service on Monday asking why I haven't heard anything. Today I got a call from my dealer that my new rifle arrived. Doi! They promised they would let me know when it shipped. Anyway, I'll pick it up on Friday with another rifle I ordered on GunBrokers.com.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:26 PM
MNBobster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have my Rossi replacement

Picked up my replacement RS22M, cleaned it, mounted a red dot. It came without an owner's manual so I'll have to see if I have the old one somewhere. Also, picked up my new Savage B22M and cleaned it and mounted a scope on it. When the snow melts i'll take them both to the range.
Old 04-03-2021, 06:09 PM
MNBobster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up ****Rossi Update****

Got out to the range with the Rossi and Savage. Low and behold, the Rossi warranty replacement performed flawlessly with Uguila Silver Eagle and Hornady VMax. I only shot to 50 yards with the red dot sight and the Aguila had the tightest group (I used them to sight in) at that range although the Hornadys were not bad but shot high and right to the Aguila. The Savage was fairly tight at 50 yards with the Aguila ammo and also at 100 yard. The Hornady not so much but still not bad. The cases had no pucker at the base with either rifle. The Rossi I sent back would FTE regularly and all the cases had a pucker at the base. Very relieved and pleased with the Rossi. Rossi Store shows the magazine as available for purchase so I ordered one. No big rush to get it, which is good since I ordered it Tuesday 3/30 and it is still "pending" on 4/3.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:35 PM
Arkar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hey. Glad you got that resolved. I’ve wondered from time to time. Almost felt guilt because mine was decent from the start. Lol. Congrats and hope it hold up well!
Old 04-04-2021, 11:40 AM
MNBobster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkar View Post
Hey. Glad you got that resolved. Ive wondered from time to time. Almost felt guilt because mine was decent from the start. Lol. Congrats and hope it hold up well!
Thanks Arkar. You lucked out, although it shouldn't require luck. It was the first rifle I ever bought that needed warranty work. This rifle is made in Brazil and ships out in a batch. Ditto for the magazines. Rossi's service communication system is ridiculously slow. I am in no hurry for the magazine. I just buy a spare for every rifle I buy. Happy Easter and may all your shots land in the bull'.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:30 PM
MNBobster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile Magazine came in 9 days

The magazine I ordered came in 9 days and is exactly as pictured in Arkar's previous post. If you need one, order now.
Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought one of these off gunbroker this week, should deliver to my FFL Monday.

Ordered 2 extra mags off Rossi dot com also.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk