Sport King Trigger on Citation - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:43 PM
bushidoshooting

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sport King Trigger on Citation

Here is my High Standard Citation swapped with Sport King trigger. Yes, I ended up to loose the overtravel adjustment in this way but I was finally able to solve my trigger reach issue.

Now I can concentrate on sight picture and everything else! Here I want to share my recent experience. I purchased an unfired Citation for my bullseye pistol shooting this year. It was my first HS pistol in my life, so I knew nothing about it. I immediately noticed that the trigger reach was way too close for my hand and I had to position my hand on the grip awkward. I started thinking for a solution. My first attempt was the stock grips with thumbrest. Didn't work at all. Next was to get the anatomical target grips but I really liked this wood grips (see picture), so I did not bother to change grips any more. Then I came up the idea to use a trigger shoe. I was not sure, so I posted my first thread in this forum and see how experienced people had to say about that.

SGVictor advised me that it would be dangerous to use a trigger shoe as the 106/107 stock trigger was already too wide for the frame. Safety issue. I checked the dimension and found out that he was absolutely right about that. Then another gentleman HSWayne gave me a hint to try Sport King trigger as it would give you a longer LOP. And finally and almost immediately, RMoran was super generous to offer me his SK trigger for free! What a perfect group of the people we have here in this forum! Amazing experience! Thanks again folks. If you have a similar issue on the 106/107 trigger like I did, see the thread titled "Trigger Shoe for High Standard 106/107" here. There are some valuable information contributed by SGVIctor and Alan of Interarms also. Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (545.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-17-2020, 07:45 AM
HSWayne
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Citation

You have a nice looking Citation pistol. I hope the SK trigger works for you. I find that I like the longer length of pull that the SK trigger provides.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:02 AM
bushidoshooting

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks HSWayne. I like they way it looks also. I did not have a chance to shoot the pistol during this week but will shoot this weekend. Feeling is alright on dryfire, so I am looking forward to live fire practice.

By the way, the grips you see on the picture above is what I got when I purchased the pistol. I love them. I could feel more 1911ish gripping than the one with thumbrest. Are they aftermarket grips? Do you know who made them and still available?

Bushidoshooting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2020, 09:28 AM
HSWayne
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Grips

The ambidextrous grips on your gun were made by High Standard. They were provided on the later military grip angle Sport King and Sharpshooter models. They were also available as parts from the company. The military grip angle Citation, Trophy, Olympic, and Victor models came from the factory with right handed thumbrest grips. Left handed thumbrest grips, and ambidextrous grips were available From the factory. Since I shoot left handed, the right handed thumbrest grips must be replaced with other grips before I can shoot the gun. No one is currently producing aftermarket grips, that I know of. Used grips are often listed on eBay.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:07 AM
SGVictor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The first gun picture in the NRA magazine article recently mentioned appears to show A 106 Supermatic Trophy with a 104 "long reach" trigger.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:57 PM
bushidoshooting

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGVictor View Post
The first gun picture in the NRA magazine article recently mentioned appears to show A 106 Supermatic Trophy with a 104 "long reach" trigger.
Yes, I saw the picture on American Rifleman in Sep 2020 issue! I was wondering that the configuration was originally from the factory or someone purposely did it like I did.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:37 PM
SGVictor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The number if special orders for things like left hand grips and long reach trigger are extremely rare based in my review of tens of thousands of invoices. I would say that generally these modifications were done by a dealer for a customer or the customer himself after purchasing the needed parts from the factory or the parts dealer. Of the few special orders I have seen, the majority were to special customers like Jim Clark or John Giles who place significant sized orders. The others appear to have been to persons who knew someone or who was a noted shooter.

I have a 106 with the long reach trigger and its invoice was to a dealer with out being specified for a particular customer. Most special orders where shipped through the sales/marketing department account number.