Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-09-2020, 06:30 PM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Whoís saying the T-Bolt isnít a tack driver

Broke the T-Bolt Sporter out this evening just fel like shooting it... broke out the SK STD + HP took 10 shots to settle in and shot this 5 shot group at 50 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2020, 07:03 PM
gashtyke

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lovely rifle in a beautiful setting. And very good shooting
Old 03-09-2020, 07:25 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (99)
That is a great group with that rifle! A squirrel better not sit still very long or he will be a dead squirrel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2020, 07:44 PM
Rimfiregal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fine group, nicely done. As far as I'm concerned , anyone who say a T bolt isn't a tack driver either hasn't shot one or is doing something wrong. We have both a Belgium T bolt and the new T bolt and both can shoot groups like that.
Old 03-10-2020, 03:43 AM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimfiregal View Post
Fine group, nicely done. As far as I'm concerned , anyone who say a T bolt isn't a tack driver either hasn't shot one or is doing something wrong. We have both a Belgium T bolt and the new T bolt and both can shoot groups like that.

Iíve got a couple really nice shooting 22 rifles but I just have a hard time leaving that gun sit in the safe when out squirrelin
Old 03-10-2020, 04:55 AM
DUSTYDAN
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
t-bolt shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWstickman View Post
Broke the T-Bolt Sporter out this evening just fel like shooting it... broke out the SK STD + HP took 10 shots to settle in and shot this 5 shot group at 50 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
great shooting.. great looking rifle and backyard.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:00 PM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thank you sir... I didnít get much time to Squirrel hunt last year due to no vac time... this year I will have 4 weeks to hunt... The T-Bolt and the CZ will get some action this fall
Old 04-23-2020, 10:06 PM
ronsatspokane

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
My brother has three T Bolts. I've shot them all. With the right ammo they will shoot with CZ's and Anschutz's I've shot and own. He and I are right handed. He found a good deal on the last one and bought it only to realize that it was a left bolt. That is both of ours favorite. T Bolts should be purchased opposite handed. Very comfortable to run and never have to take your hand off the trigger or eye off the scope.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:31 AM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Great guns for sure... if only they could put a better trigger... they should offer a deluxe version with good trigger
Old 04-24-2020, 04:04 PM
ronsatspokane

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWstickman View Post
Great guns for sure... if only they could put a better trigger... they should offer a deluxe version with good trigger
Yeah, probably the heaviest trigger I've run across in a long time. If they were mine I'd be taking them apart and swapping in lighter springs.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:38 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsatspokane View Post
My brother has three T Bolts. I've shot them all. With the right ammo they will shoot with CZ's and Anschutz's I've shot and own. He and I are right handed. He found a good deal on the last one and bought it only to realize that it was a left bolt. That is both of ours favorite. T Bolts should be purchased opposite handed. Very comfortable to run and never have to take your hand off the trigger or eye off the scope.
That's fascinating! I've owned multiple T-Bolts and that thought never even occurred to me But how do you support the gun while working the bolt?

Thanks!
Dave
Old 04-28-2020, 01:28 PM
cahoonzie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It would only be good for bench rest shooting or prone with a bag or bi pod for support
Old 04-28-2020, 02:29 PM
MacR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Best group I have seen from a T bolt.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:52 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacR View Post
Best group I have seen from a T bolt.
Let's be clear, the current generation T-Bolt isn't a benchrest gun, but even with the super-light, super-thin synthetic stock, it is capable of small groups. These examples are both five shots at 50 yards from simple bag front and rear rests ...

And for all the complaints about the heavy trigger pull, Browning's stock offerings are the real impediment to greater consistency/accuracy. They're just too light and too thin for that.

Enjoy!
Dave
Old 04-28-2020, 09:44 PM
grg
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I have a Tbolt Sporter and it is crazy accurate but I put a low power scope on it and just don't shoot it much. I did rework the trigger which would not go lower than about 4lbs if I remember correctly but super crisp and really nice. It now would goreally light but not safely until you get back up to around 1lb or so. I may have to throw a bigger scope on but it doesn't sit in a rest very well as mentioned.