CZ 527 Lux stock on a Varmint (or American) - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-02-2020, 02:19 PM
carbonbased
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Hi Signalman, I just knew you’d pop in without me bugging you, haha! Beautiful wood on your rifles…

Sporter (American) vs Varmint: well, I have something to say about that. I actually own a Varmint 17 hornet. Had to send it to CZ. Been there for months. I’m not coming out against the Varmint, it’s just I had a less than ideal experience (so far). Plus, I’m thinking of getting the lightest version to walk around with.

See more here: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1158195

Luckily, I bought it at a dealer that offers a lifetime warranty, so if CZ can’t fix it, I am thinking the shop will let me order something else.

I’m not totally sold on 17 Hornet either, but I like it more than 17 HMR. Maybe I should just buy a 22 Hornet, hmmmm…but I have 1000+ rounds of 17 Hornet!

Lest you think I’m down on CZs: My CZ .204 Varmint is a .5/.6” gun, and my 455 Ultra Lux is quiet and a tack driver as well.

Last edited by carbonbased; 08-02-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:36 PM
carbonbased
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Signalman, I wanted to express my regrets about your wife and my heart warms with the pic of your adopted daughter. My mom died in January of COPD (thankfully before COVID), and it’s been a little rough when I think of her. I hope anybody reading this does not smoke (or quits immediately!). It is not pretty to die with COPD. Imagine drowning for seven days.

I hope you’re hanging in there.

On another note, I love full-stocks, but I also love suppressors. Hmmmmm. I guess I’ll wait to get the 17 Hornet Varmint back from CZ and then decide. Or I’ll impulsively order a 22 Hornet Lux or a 17 Hornet American. Or both, while trolling for a 22 Hornet FS. I’m a fool!

Last edited by carbonbased; 08-02-2020 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:33 AM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Carbonbased sir thank you for your kind words...and I am running off to work now I will see if I can send you a PM today and if not I will tonight after I get back home.

Signalman