Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Need longer lenght of pull on my CZ 457 At-One

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  briggleman 
#1 ·
So I have extended the adjustment out to the full 14" on my CZ 457 At-One....and it is almost there! If I could just add another inch of pad to the rear adjustable butt plate it would be perfect.. What are the possibilities??? My specs...I am 6' 5" tall and my shirts at a minimum have 37/38 inch sleeve length. Yes, very long arms. I cross draw on my side carry because its easier to reach across than pull up my arms to reach my waist.

#11 ·
I called Boyds Stocks direct ( maker of the At One) --they may get you leave message but they called me back same day took my order it was like $38 plus UPS Perfect answer and...now I can add the other aluminum block to mine for even longer just takes three longer screws so a double win on an extension easy as pie

#18 ·
So here is what I am thinking.

Order the 1" pad
Order the AT ONE Extension
With postage I am at 70 bucks
I want to be able to collapse the butt plate to the stock.
Use the existing apparatus and remove the 1/2" rubber butt pad and add the 1" butt pad. Take the 1/2" metal plate from the extension and add it to the existing apparatus. This gets me to 15" LOP and it looks good, still collapses to the stock and works for me.
Thoughts???

#20 · (Edited)
Take the 1/2" metal plate from the extension and add it to the existing apparatus.
That's $45 for the 1/2" metal plate since you're taking everything else off of it. As an alternative to that, you might be able to get a 1/2" thick piece of scrap aluminum somewhere and grind/polish the edges to match, and use it there, or a piece of hard plastic/Delrin and do that.

EDIT: I just checked www.getmetals.com, and you can get a 2ft long piece of aluminum bar that's 1/2" thick and wide enough to make a butt-plate spacer (1-1/2") for under $20, and you could make several butt plate spacers with that 2ft of material; sell the extras and be money ahead.

#21 ·
Well, ordered the 1" butt plate today along with the AT ONE extension. Maybe I will be happy with the Extra 1/2" of the butt plate only. If that does not do the trick then I will see what works for me with the extension. Maybe I will not mind the extension sticking out a bit. We shall see. Pictures will follow after the parts arrive and I try them out. I do like this model.

#22 ·
As I relayed the during my last post....I decided to order both the 1" pad for the AT ONE and the Extension Assembly. Both arrived today.

I am glad I ordered both. It just completes the CZ AT ONE rifle. Now...it is a truly everyman...womans rifle. I replaced the 1/2" pad with the 1" pad on the original assembly extension. Now having both the extension and the original (with the 1" pad) ...this makes it a truly adaptable rifle. Here a a couple of pics.

My new impressions are I do not mind that the new extension butt plate assemble does not fully collapse against the stock. It looks fine. This is now one of my favorite CZ's.... The 452 Ultra Lux still has this very special place in my heart...It was my first CZ!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.