Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 04:16 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Hawkeye doesn't seem like much of challenge to hit a silo.

Sent from my LM-X220 using Tapatalk
It's a lot easier than takin the time spellin that word.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:42 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post

Our 'bum's jungle', wooded area next to the side tracks, has had a complete makeover for the good. No more tracks or nuttin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Hobo Jungle was across the street from the Winn Dixie I worked at during High School, some interesting characters to be sure, we kept stocked on cheap wine mostly for their benefit. While I was away at College my Freshman Year the City decided to cut down all the trees so no cover for them, no idea where they moved on to.
We had two of them. The one on the west side of town was called Bums Woods. The one on the east side was called Mexi. Mexi was the barely noticeable remnants of a small shanty town where the railroad let the migrants stay back in the early 1900's. After they where gone the hobo's found it useful.
Bums woods is now a ballfield. Mexi is still there, only recently the ground has came out of railroad ownership. Mexi sat on the edge of about a 30 + track system with boney piles and a few tipples. They think their going to put in a trail / hiking / biking system through about 5 miles of old railroad bed. But their finding that cleaning up what's being unearthed under 100 plus years of cinders is a lot more expensive than they thought. I think it will be there for some time to come.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:47 PM
404tbang
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post

I did my first full day subbing for a fourth grade class on Thursday. We all managed to survive the day. They got most of their assigned work done despite not behaving very well for me. One kid had a tooth fall out. No, I didn't knock it out!

R
Woulda fixed the bad behavior problem!

When I was in fourth grade, we had a principal with arms like Popeye. And a professional grade paddle prominently perched on the wall in his office. With holes in it. To go faster, with less air resistance...........

I got a hall pass to go to the restroom one day. One kid was behaving badly. This of course influenced other kids to do likewise. My timing to exit could not have been better.

I was almost back in the classroom, and there just outside the classroom door was Popeye, holding Mr. Too Big for His Britches by the collar with one hand.........and drawing back that high speed-low drag paddle with the other.

He fired for effect. It echoed down the hall.......

I kid you not, I saw a rather large splinter fly off that paddle on the first swat!

I darted through the door to see a classroom that was quite subdued as that second swat sang out. Lotsa big eyed kids looking at the teacher, hoping not to be next. Mrs. Teacher had an evil grin on her face and a twinkle in her eye........

After the Attitude Adjustment, and some whimpering and sniffling out in the hallway, Mr. Too Big for His Britches skulked back into the classroom. Sat down tenderly. Mrs. Teacher thanked Popeye, and commenced teaching again. To a VERY attentive classroom.

That was waaaaaay back there when the kids didn't run the school system..........the educators did. And the kids learned. And not just book learning, either. Life lessons. Sadly, those days seem to be gone.

Line'em out Rhody!

Do it for the children!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2019, 04:53 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
Did that originally sell for $93.75?
I wish, nope it was just under $300 as I recall, and it didn't come from the "Gun Room" but Bullseye Shooting Supply south of Hickory. Don't remember what the 93.75 was for.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:19 PM
GreggieBoy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Had the tree trimming guys out yesterday. They did a great job. Well worth the money to have the pros do it instead of trying to put it into the green bin a little each week. I'd spend about the same amount of time cutting branches in smaller sections then they did doing the who thing. The trees look bare but that's okay. If they did too much I'm okay with it.

Made it through 4/5th's of a large project at work. Will finish the last section this week. Big load off my mind. Given this server was installed in 2003 it has served us well. Having a constant fear for the past 10 years I'd come in on a Monday to find the thing bit the dust. Then there would be grief and consternation.

Off to a wedding reception on the old navy base at Treasure Island this afternoon. Should be fun. Like it that the attire is not too formal.

Have lunch with the daughter's inlaws tomorrow. They're in town for the weekend so I guess we can be considered "filler" in their entertainment agenda. Anything to help the daughter out. Might wrap it up early enough to make a quick run to Harbor Freight. Got my eye their electric extension trimmer. Might be useful.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:21 PM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First time at range in 2 years. Gorgeous day. Cooper 22-250 and TAC20. 22-250 was all over the place. TAC20 dead nuts.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1569100648
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1569100683
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1569100708
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30D215FE-3E21-4808-9AAF-A6A982149542.jpg (535.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 8C957580-B0EF-4BE0-871C-68F61388201D.jpg (541.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 1A03DA22-9045-4270-A3F4-9CD088A0C69A.jpg (510.6 KB, 10 views)
......Tom Petty
Old 09-21-2019, 05:24 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggieBoy View Post
Had the tree trimming guys out yesterday. They did a great job. Well worth the money to have the pros do it instead of trying to put it into the green bin a little each week. I'd spend about the same amount of time cutting branches in smaller sections then they did doing the who thing. The trees look bare but that's okay. If they did too much I'm okay with it.

Made it through 4/5th's of a large project at work. Will finish the last section this week. Big load off my mind. Given this server was installed in 2003 it has served us well. Having a constant fear for the past 10 years I'd come in on a Monday to find the thing bit the dust. Then there would be grief and consternation.

Off to a wedding reception on the old navy base at Treasure Island this afternoon. Should be fun. Like it that the attire is not too formal.

Have lunch with the daughter's inlaws tomorrow. They're in town for the weekend so I guess we can be considered "filler" in their entertainment agenda. Anything to help the daughter out. Might wrap it up early enough to make a quick run to Harbor Freight. Got my eye their electric extension trimmer. Might be useful.
Have fun at hf. don't forget to bring this with you.
https://shop.harborfreight.com/onlin...AxOS0wOS0yMg==
Old 09-21-2019, 05:36 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonic View Post
I'm wondering if those Berettas are .32? The surplus gun store keeps telling me they have those.

< Snip!! >
That they are. Mine is VERY clean on the grip frame - not even a paint chip that I could see, but has some rust on the slide and the barrel exterior. Nothing a little bronze wool and cold-blue won't take care of, since the innards of the barrel and gun are very clean (chrome-lined barrel if I remember rightly) so should oughta shoot fine.

Hopefully.

Old 09-21-2019, 05:50 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
I wish, nope it was just under $300 as I recall, and it didn't come from the "Gun Room" but Bullseye Shooting Supply south of Hickory. Don't remember what the 93.75 was for.
I was thinking that was one heck of a LEO discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggieBoy View Post
Two of my assembly lines rely on three xp boxes running Allen Bradley HMI software and two have MSSQL on them. Management hired someone to provision three new machines. They kept the old software and kept it XP. :

We pay for support and upgrades. We should be running whatever works with current hardware. New hardware will not run xp, win7 won't run on the newest stuff now.

Over Christmas, the head engineer and I went through IT's discard pile of old pc's and found a couple that disk images I made would run on. We put the boxes in a safe place. That is the current plan.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.

Last edited by Szumi; 09-21-2019 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:53 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I was thinking that was one he double hockey stick LEO discount.

Two of my assembly lines rely on three xp boxes running Allen Bradley HMI software and two have MSSQL on them. Management hired someone to provision three new machines. They kept the old software and kept it XP. :

We pay for support and upgrades. We should be running whatever works with current hardware. New hardware will not run xp, win7 won't run on the newest stuff now.

Over Christmas, the head engineer and I went through IT's discard pile of old pc's and found a couple that disk images I made would run on. We put the boxes in a safe place. That is the current plan.
What you looking for have some good computer recycling places in town. Can probably find anything you need to keep xp running.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:54 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The never ending golden Saga. I think their is a new one every week.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1172371
Old 09-21-2019, 06:00 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
That they are. Mine is VERY clean on the grip frame - not even a paint chip that I could see, but has some rust on the slide and the barrel exterior. Nothing a little bronze wool and cold-blue won't take care of, since the innards of the barrel and gun are very clean (chrome-lined barrel if I remember rightly) so should oughta shoot fine.

Hopefully.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:24 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonic View Post
Al, I recently had a visit with a different nurse practitioner. She suggested the propanolol might be worth the side effects even though it is contraindicated for my diabetes.
No sugarbeeteez here and I remember no real side effects when I was on nothing else.
We have one of those ornamental pear trees. I haven't been near it since I saw ticks crawling around in the crotch 10 years ago.
Ticks in your crotch or the tree's??
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404tbang View Post
Line'em out Rhody!

Do it for the children!
Yeah that R!!

Good range report D.

Good pistol reports as always Gerald.

Haven't done anything notable today in eager anticipation, resting the joints, of the shack work detail tomorrow.
I did try eating 3 different breeds of apples of which only one didn't have a big rotten spot within. Nah, I cut em in half first having previous encounters with it. Never did spray for rot and thats what I get. I warned the grass cutter to cut em open first and I imagine if he forgot he'll remember when he gets one or more with it.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:24 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Over Christmas, the head engineer and I ....
Speaking of Christmas, an unscheduled trip to town today included a swing by Wally's place where I found fake Christmas trees and various seasonal decorations cheek-to-jowl with Halloween decorations.

Zipped across the street to Lowes for some other things and found the same situation in existence there.

I remember the first time that Pumpkin Spice Glock made its appearance on the web and the uproar that caused. The hubbub surrounding the Colt announcement pales in comparison.

Last edited by Sophia; 09-21-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:31 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Its unanimous, Lowes has their xmas stuff out here also.