Am I the only one that remembers this?

Old 09-19-2019, 10:51 AM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Am I the only one that remembers this?

You are not alone. My stepmother's house had one up at all times in the 80's. I think Dad may have bought it before he died.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:04 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
People are funny.
And there's no accounting for taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
What if I paint it pink?

Then you're part of the problem, and not the solution.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:09 AM
Frank Eagles

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Morning. Slept late. Then coffee. Now to go to lunch meeting, middle school and SisterIL's hubby's b'day meal. Today is Son's b'day too. His meal is Sunday.

Be glad when first Tuesday in Dec. gets here. No longer Mayor. Tired of the crazy two individuals on Town Board. Always causing trouble. Sad thing. No one would step up and run for Mayor except one of the two. Now good Commissioners are concerned. Also the citizens. When they complain to me, "Well, you all would not step up and run."

Sure is nice and cool and very low humidity. beautiful day.

Have a good one.

PS: our Sophia can be a prankster. [coworker thingy]

Last edited by Frank Eagles; 09-19-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:16 AM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
50-something outside. Fall is comin'

Talk like a pirate day, I said ARRR... (that's enough for now!)

Range day. Maybe I'll take the big CM-2.

Life be good!

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 09-19-2019, 11:33 AM
GreggieBoy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Had a little rain yesterday that watered the yard nicely.

Think the warden is trying to do me in. Saturday it was paint her mom's fence. Sunday it was paint her niece's bathroom. Then this morning I was up at 4 am to drive her nephew to the airport. This afternoon I'm driving her to meet a friend for drinks, going home to wait for the call to pick her up. Somebody owes me big time.

The tree guys are coming tomorrow to trim the Chinese Elm trees. They need trimming badly.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:35 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggieBoy View Post

Think the warden is trying to do me in. Saturday it was paint her mom's fence. Sunday it was paint her niece's bathroom. Then this morning I was up at 4 am to drive her nephew to the airport. This afternoon I'm driving her to meet a friend for drinks, going home to wait for the call to pick her up. Somebody owes me big time.

The tree guys are coming tomorrow to trim the Chinese Elm trees. They need trimming badly.
your new title uberslave
Old 09-19-2019, 12:03 PM
Frank Eagles

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggieBoy View Post

Tell her you have canceled all of your life insurance policies.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:03 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
We had a wetting heavy mist coming down about 8A this morning. Damped things nicely, but then stopped & its essentially already dry once more, but at least the dust in the air got settled. RH is higher than the temp still and that's in the upper 70's. Nice(!), if not having to do much physical stuff.

Rain is still in the forecast, but it doesn't look like we will get as much as they were saying earlier. Will just have to wait & see. Meantime, its nice enough and a most welcome reprieve from the recent heat.

Time to buy another 90#'s of sunflower seed & hen scratch! Nearing the dregs of the last batch. Thinking to do some grilling this afternoon, but I'm not sure whot, just yet. I also need to re-do/ne, replace the grill's burners & do some general renovative werk on the pan, but not sufficiently motivated to undertake that task just now. Made note that I took note. Its but another of many tasks on the bucket list. Most will get done, some may not and when I'm gone someone will throw the entire bucket out as the items left therein will not be found decipherable in any meaningful way. There's folks out there today that wouldn't know whot to do w/a bucket, if you went and gave 'em one. Think I'll put that thot in the bucket too.. and come back tuit next time I've misplaced one.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:20 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It was a cool morning in the Valley.We are very dry and no rain in the forecast.

Out before breakfast to rotate tires on my Jeep and swap rear brake drums from the decomissioned 98 to my 98. My 98 XJ has had a thumping in the rear brakes since the new drums were put on. Even had those drums turned and the problem was still there. No problems on the 20 miles so far. my back hurts.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:50 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post

Rain is still in the forecast, but it doesn't look like we will get as much as they were saying earlier. Will just have to wait & see. Meantime, its nice enough and a most welcome reprieve from the recent heat.
There's folks out there today that wouldn't know whot to do w/a bucket, if you went and gave 'em one. Think I'll put that thot in the bucket too.. and come back tuit next time I've misplaced one.
The heat and humidity have finally broke here. High 60's sunny with a good breeze. Ya would think that a fellow would want to get out and catch up on chores that got put aside. But it just makes me want to sit on the porch and enjoy it.
I had a fellow give me a round tuit some years back. It was a wood chip about the size of a silver dollar, with tuit burnt on it. I don't know what ever came of it, maybe it's in the bottom of the bucket covered with many other important things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Hey guys, I'm not building the big tire tumbler, just thought I would put it out there.

However, has anyone here used one of the cement mixers to tumble brass? I have heard it works, but the internal paddles may beat the brass up and that they are noisy. If used for bigger heavier parts, it beats the drum up. and is even noisier.
If you got yourself a 50 gallon drum with some holes drilled in the bottom, welded a few paddles like inside a cement mixer on the outside of it, with a cross brace over the top with an eye bolt coming up through the center of it, then a big swivel, attach a steel cable, put in a few thou brass, 10 or 20 pounds of stainless pins,,,, then get al to hook it to the back of his boat and take it for a spin.

The two of you may be able to get yourselves on the YouTube
Old 09-19-2019, 02:49 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
my latest stupid thread.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1#post11613381
Old 09-19-2019, 02:58 PM
Atonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Hey guys, I'm not building the big tire tumbler, just thought I would put it out there.

However, has anyone here used one of the cement mixers to tumble brass? I have heard it works, but the internal paddles may beat the brass up and that they are noisy. If used for bigger heavier parts, it beats the drum up. and is even noisier.
When I started reloading I was a very dedicated range rat. Had thousands of cases to clean. So I borrowed a buddie's small HB cement mixer to clean brass a few times. I used walnut shell media. Forget which polish I added. Worked great. I never saw any brass damage. I figure if the inside is meant to stand up to cement that walnut shells and brass wouldn't hurt it. Used a drum liner garbage bag over the drum to keep the dust down.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:03 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
your new title uberslave
I know, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
There's folks out there today that wouldn't know whot to do w/a bucket, if you went and gave 'em one.
One of my 1/2 doz or so has deer apples init, unfit for humanoid consumption.
Gave the shack lawn cutter 5 apples from my best tree. He lerves apples. While yakking with him after giving him his wages and apples a 1/2 doz mallards flew up on the lawn and walked up to us looking for treats. Chased em into the lake and they came right back and walked up to us again. I don't like duck meat he responded after my offer to whack a couple in the noggins with my cane. Finn doesn't either hence ducks are all ok.

Home with a truck full of stuff from the shack. Boat is stored in the garage with SeaFoam treated 91proof E-0 petrol. I never did get to check the zero on one rifle this short trip being occupied in my futile attempt for more fishes.

Murky 72˚.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:29 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
You make it sound like something you’re proud of.