Is anyone familar with the Miroku ML-22 copy of the BL-22? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:41 AM
RebelRooster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Is anyone familar with the Miroku ML-22 copy of the BL-22?

I stumbled across a Miroku ML-22 this weekend and made it my own. It was sold to me as a Browning BL-22. There is no roll stamp on the barrel, no Browning logo on the lever, however the buttplate does say Browning on it. The serial number is located on the underside of the receiver. A bit of research reveals that it must be a Miroku ML-22 copy.

There is very little information I can find on this rifle. These were made by Miroku and sold in markets that were not served by Browning. They were made for just a short while. I would like to know how to date the rifle and. It is in very good condition and will not be leaving my safe any time soon.

Any input will be appreciated.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:41 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
I've heard of them,but that the extent of my knowledge. Looks like you'll have to do your own homework with searching the web:"Dating Miroku firearms" using date codes from other models to narrow it down.
I took a quick peek,which only said that they were produced for just a short time,with the most popularity being in Australia.
The Miroku website required a sign in-I wasn't getting that involved.