Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:34 PM
BKS
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Best Scope Mount for 883SS

I just ordered a Leupold VX Freedom 3x9x33EFR Scope for my 883SS.
I need help with what is the best scope mount to put these two together.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:22 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
A set of Weaver Grand Slams...the 883 is not tapped for scope bases so a good set of groove rings works the best.

my 883 is in the very back:

a little better close up of my 883 in front and 983 Fleur de lis in back.

here is my 983 SS with a fleur de lis stock:

I run all Weaver V-16s on all my Marlin rifles. I hope this helps.

Signalman

Last edited by Signalman; 12-08-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:36 AM
athappyhiker
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I use Millet Angle-Loc medium rimfire rings on mine. I have a 3-9x32 on it, and using those rings lets me mount it as low as possible (with rear sight blade folded down). They are very clean looking rings and are quality made.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2018, 02:08 PM
sav99fan
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've used warne, millet, Leupold, weaver, quick site, just but a decent set that will hold well. Its not like a 783 where the grooves are picky.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:04 PM
Black Knight
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Signalman, I like those Weaver Grand Slams. What height rings are you using? This weekend I bought a Marlin 25N that I doubt has ever been fired....it is absolutely pristine. I have a Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40 AO that will be mounted. My question is about the height needed to clear the rear sight. AT happy hiker, I like your rig also.
Thanks

Last edited by Black Knight; 12-09-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:14 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Black Knight sir I don't own a 25N so is it drilled and tapped for ring bases or does it have the 3/8" groove ?

My 883 has a set of Weaver Grand Slams #49219 because of the scope I am using a V-16 with a 42mm objective.

if your rifle is drilled and tapped then buy Weaver #12 bases is what I have used on most of my Marlin rifles and use any rings you want. The ring height of the 49219 are .521" for the grooves. I hope this helps.

Signalman
Old 12-09-2018, 11:31 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
BKS sir how long is this scope? it makes all the difference in the world if you go behind the rear sights or over them.

If you don't want to play the guessing game on which rings fit the best...I will cost you more but it will be done the first time. Go down to the biggest gun shop that is around you and take your rifle and scope and buy a set of rings from them. They have plenty on the wall to play with and you can pick and choose what brand and how much you want to pay for a set. While there at it have them bore sight it also.

I know we are talking about your 883 SS but I give this speech to everyone including CZ owners because they are such a pain to get the correct set of rings for their rifles...ask me how I know:

I have a few.

if you want to do this yourself I am here to help.

Signalman
Old 12-11-2018, 08:27 PM
BKS
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don’t know how long it is yet.
It should be here by the end of the week.
I am ENVIOUS of your CZ collectionz
Old 12-11-2018, 09:54 PM
917M2Sfan
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKS View Post
I just ordered a Leupold VX Freedom 3x9x33EFR Scope for my 883SS.
I need help with what is the best scope mount to put these two together.
I prefer to use the B-Square 3/8" groove to Weaver adapters, or the less expensive Chinese knock-offs, on rimfire rifles that have 3/8" (11mm) grooves and aren't factory d&t. Therefore, my recommendation would be the B-Square adapters and whatever brand of low Weaver-style ring you favor.

I have B-Square Sport Utility rings on a couple dozen rifles. They are my preferred low-end Weaver-style 1" rings, available from CDNN for $5 per set in low/medium black/silver or the same in black extended format for $8 per set.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:07 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
BKS sir I have a set of Weaver 3/8" groove to Weaver bases...and for me I would recommend that you find a set of rings that will go high enough to give you the clearance your looking for....rather than using a groove to weaver base because the more things you stack on top of your rifle the more they can be off a little and also I don't know how high the B square ones are but the Weaver ones I have makes my scope rings too high for my liking even with the lowest rings I can find.

Just one guys experience.

Signalman
Old 12-12-2018, 10:47 AM
917M2Sfan
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman1 View Post
BKS sir I have a set of Weaver 3/8" groove to Weaver bases...and for me I would recommend that you find a set of rings that will go high enough to give you the clearance your looking for....rather than using a groove to weaver base because the more things you stack on top of your rifle the more they can be off a little and also I don't know how high the B square ones are but the Weaver ones I have makes my scope rings too high for my liking even with the lowest rings I can find.

Just one guys experience.

Signalman
The Tasco (801C) and Weaver (48459) 3/8" to Weaver adapters are significantly higher than the B-Square units. I've used all three and now only use the B-Square and Chinese knock-off units.

I agree that the more you stack on top your rifle, the more they can be out of alignment. That said, I haven't had any alignment issues with the B-Square or Chinese knock-offs and use them exclusively in lieu of any/all brands of rimfire style rings on grooved receiver rimfire rifles. As previously noted, I prefer the B-Square adapters and, depending on the size of the scope's objective, low or medium height B-Square Sport Utility rings.

I particularly like the B-Square adapters for use on Savage 24 rimfire combination guns, as they give the user the option of using QR rings, I use Warnes, if the user wants the top barrel clear for wingshooting.