Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Zepoll
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Help: tech Sights WITH a scope

I've been a lurker here for a while, and I don't think I've posted before.

Call me goofy, but I'm looking for a way to put techsights AND scope on my currently stock 10/22.

To be clear... I'm not looking to use them both at the same time. But I want to be able to easily switch back and forth between them.

I did find the Rail/Sight Combo at the NDS website that looks like it might work, but I really want to keep the Tech Sights, plus the NDS set up is currently out of stock.

Any thoughts.

Also... I'm not really into a whole lot of extra rails on the gun. I like a clean look.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Zepoll; 03-22-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Crowcifier666
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd say look into med or high (Warne) QD rings, if you want a decent cheek weld with your scope. I run a scout style scope with these (low rings, it's forward mount scope, so no need to clear rear sight) and tech sights, and, while I can't use both at once, the scope remains zeroed if I remove it to use irons. Never liked those "see thru" mounts/rings, YMMV.

Last edited by Crowcifier666; 03-22-2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: eta
Old 03-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Ballinger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Don't the Tech Sights mount using the rearmost two screw holes on the top of the receiver? If you use those for the Tech Sights, do you have your scope rail shortened and held on only with the front two screws?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 06:20 AM
bullbill
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Check out the Mil Sights at trueshottechnologies.com. They offer a peep sight mounted on the back of a rail. The sight is further forward than the Tech, but this means it probably will clear the flare of the rear bell on most scopes. But note the rear ring will be pushed foward toward the center of the scope and may limit the eye relief of a scope.

This is a nice set up because the rail stays on and you put the scope on when you want. There is also a new version that allows see through with the scope mounted.

Ideally, Tech Sights would come out with a version that would mount the rear sight to the Ruger scope rail. They already make a sight like this for the Marlins which mounts the rear sight to the tip-off grooves in the receiver.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:00 AM
donut757

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the see thru bravo sights on my 10/22... Excellent thus far... Scope does sit up a little higher than what i would ideally like... But set up looks good and easy to use. Dont hesitate to give them a try. I posted some pictures of the rifle, crappy pics but they are on here, check my posts.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:14 AM
Ballinger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile

The True Shot sight looks like "most of the ticket" and I particularly like the front sight and the ability to use a colored/glow post up there. The one thing that is holding me back is that the rear sight isn't a click-adjust, but rather a screw adjustment like one would use on a bench. We have the Williams Fire Sight Peep that's similarly affected: change the sighting and the "old setting" is lost.

The simple solution would be for the Tech Sights guys to embrace the heresy of the scope and make a version for the Ruger like the geniuses at True Shot have, but with that neat click-adjust rear sight. Yeah, simple.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Zepoll
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullbill View Post
Check out the Mil Sights at trueshottechnologies.com. They offer a peep sight mounted on the back of a rail. The sight is further forward than the Tech, but this means it probably will clear the flare of the rear bell on most scopes. But note the rear ring will be pushed foward toward the center of the scope and may limit the eye relief of a scope.

This is a nice set up because the rail stays on and you put the scope on when you want. There is also a new version that allows see through with the scope mounted.

Ideally, Tech Sights would come out with a version that would mount the rear sight to the Ruger scope rail. They already make a sight like this for the Marlins which mounts the rear sight to the tip-off grooves in the receiver.
This is exactly what I'm looking for, the Bravo Mil Sights.

Thank you for the info!!!
Old 03-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Uncle Jaque
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question

At the Lewiston gun show sat. I found a decent albeit dirty 10-22 with a Bushnell Sportview 3-8X scope for $200.

Since I ought to practice with what I might be using at an Appleseed and they aren't making these carbines any more, I bought it.

It came with QD studs front & rear and the scope is mounted on a fore & aft dovetailed rail about 1/2" wide.

id like to use iron sights and make it up into a Liberty Trainer but keep the rail on it as the scope might come in handy with my fading eyes.

After cleaning it up best i could and rigging a sling up to it, took it to range and ran through 3 mags (bought a cpl of spares) without a hitch and it shoots well enough to bounce a plastic bottle around at 50 yd..

Our Dad had one of these when I was a kid and i'd almost forgotten how much fun they are!

I'd like to instal a TECH military front tower & sight but have TECH sight for my SKS and don't like it, so would like to find an aperture rear that will mount to the scope rail. Any suggestions?