Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-19-2021, 09:02 PM
ammohog
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Tandemkross 10/22 Feed Lips?

I've have about 5 magazines in need of repair. The feed lips are well worn and need to be either replaced or get some new magazines. Any members here have any hands on experience with the Tandemkross feed lips and rotor?

https://www.tandemkross.com/feedlip-...-magazine.html

https://www.tandemkross.com/rotor-fo...-magazine.html
Old 09-19-2021, 10:37 PM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammohog View Post
I've have about 5 magazines in need of repair. The feed lips are well worn and need to be either replaced or get some new magazines. Any members here have any hands on experience with the Tandemkross feed lips and rotor?

sorry, I haven't used anything TK, so I can't help there, but I've been eyeing those rotors for use in my green magazines..I might splurge and spend the $18
Old 09-19-2021, 11:37 PM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammohog View Post

I just got a rotor, spring and Feed lips from TK. About half of my Ruger mags cause the bullets to deform on feeding . If I tinker long enough with spring tension and polishing feed lips, I can improve most, but I can only get about half of the Ruger 10 round factory mags to feed without damaging the lead on all ten rounds .

The Ruger feed lips are cast. I read where that causes considerable variation between magazines . The TK feed lips are plastic , and allegedly hold closer tolerances .

I thought the TK SPRINGS were interesting. It seemed like they were less prone to binding, but it just could be because Iím comparing new with old . The rotor looks to be very good .

So, I took my worst mag and replaced the parts with the TK parts . I did see an improvement over the brand new factory mag in that the damage to the bullet lead was much less . I have not yet been able to tune this mag to run the way I want . But it is directionally better with the TK parts .
M
Iím not sure how the plastic feed lips will wear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2021, 11:57 PM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
I have two of the TK Double Kross complete kits and I believe them the feed better.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:24 AM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
If felt like cheaper/on sale NEW OEM mags was the way to go.. I would not splurg.. but a good Buddy of mine gave me a set to try... runs like a well oiled sewing machine
Old 09-20-2021, 01:54 AM
marvin02

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have used all of the TK mag replacement parts with no problems.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:02 PM
ammohog

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Exclamation Checkout Secure?

Tried to make an order this morning, but having trouble with their checkout. Couldn't or wouldn't work right. I'm wondering now if the site was hacked? I Don't have any plans tomorrow morning, will give them a call.

PS; Evidently, they fixed it when they got to work this morning......placed order just now - no problems.

Last edited by ammohog; 09-20-2021 at 10:24 PM. Reason: missp3eltted a wurd
Old 09-21-2021, 07:49 AM
ammohog

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Thank You!

Just want to thank the the Members for the honest positive reviews. This has to be the best site on the planet.
Old 09-21-2021, 08:26 AM
ammohog

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Crsckedcornish: I really like the red rotors with the green tint magazine tint, i wouldn't change a thing.
Old 09-30-2021, 08:08 PM
ammohog

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
TamdemKoss Rocks!

Ordered 5 of the Tandemkross 10/22 feed lips for a few magazines that were giving me problems. i am here to report all five magazines were used at the range this morning and performed flawlessly. i am really impressed with their performance. One of the magazines was given to me because it was causing so much trouble. It had been shelved (by me) for at least two years. Now it runs just great! When the other magazines start causing trouble, I know where to order parts. Fix your troublesome magazines for a fraction of the cost of buying new ones.

PS: All parts have a lifetime guarantee. Beat that, Ruger........
Old 09-30-2021, 11:50 PM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Sounds like your good to go now. Enjoy.
Old 10-01-2021, 02:26 PM
gunsmither
RFC Sponsor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up Way cool!

I bought some of TK's mag replacement parts, and use them in some gutted OEM mag housings I've had laying around, and also use them in the double mag housing that TK sells. Very impressed with the quality, and they perform flawlessly.

UNIQUE gunsmithing tools and accessories for 10/22's, MkII's, S&W
Old 10-16-2021, 05:27 PM
WFO62
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
All,
I have 18 of the first 20 TK feedlips tnat i purchased, in use so far... they have run flawlessly and load and feed better than the rough casting on the Ruger originals...HTH