Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Vudoo Gun Works V-22

125K views 392 replies 103 participants last post by  marks_a18138 
#1 ·
I know this isn't a Rem 37 or 40X, but it's inspired by the 40X. This is the Vudoo Gun Works V-22. It's a true-to-scale mid lock Rimfire Repeater, you might notice the lug ways to not extend forward of the lug abutment in the receiver and the bolt lugs are concealed. I completed the design and it's in production!

(This Image is Too Large to Be Displayed Within the Post. Click Link to View) (2447 kB)

(This Image is Too Large to Be Displayed Within the Post. Click Link to View) (1977 kB)

(This Image is Too Large to Be Displayed Within the Post. Click Link to View) (2055 kB)

(This Image is Too Large to Be Displayed Within the Post. Click Link to View) (1815 kB)

MB

#200 ·
Hello all,
Let me say first awesome looking action! But I'm interested in a single shot, do the make one? (Finger's crossed)... I would love one if I can get a single shot, I have enough repeaters now unfortunately. And I can't see it shooting any better then my 541-ts .. both are worked by Volker.. so I'm hoping for a single shot.

#204 ·
I'ma not say your wrong because I've never shot a voodoo. But unless it'll shoot zeros at 50yrds (I don't mean .090 either) it'd be hard to improve upon my 541-T's. I've shoot .075 at 50 yards with RWS rifle, not even the good stuff, Geico match will group at .097.. not saying that voodoo won't, but I can't see spending that much on a repeater when I have 2 that's fantastic. My factory barrel 541-T has gotten Mr a few Hof points in ir50-50 also..
I just want a single shot LV gun.

#206 · (Edited)
New Vudoo

Mine is in the county now but the ffl that i used is closed all day today and its 90 percent rain tomorrow but if possible ,i will shoot it tomorrow. I hope to at least get it close to sighted in according to how much rain. I will attempt to post my first 50 shots, including sight in. ive got a colt one piece mount that came with an ar15, does anybody know why that wont work for a while? Weaver t 24 is a 1" tube like the scope mount.

#208 ·
Mine is in the county now but the ffl that i used is closed all day today and its 90 percent rain tomorrow but if possible ,i will shoot it tomorrow. I hope to at least get it close to sighted in according to how much rain. I will attempt to post my first 50 shots, including sight in. ive got a colt one piece mount that came with an ar15, does anybody know why that wont work for a while? Weaver t 24 is a 1" tube like the scope mount.
Cuzz-if you are considering shooting at longer distances with your V22 using the T24, the inclined rail that you have on your V22 and these 1" Burris Signature Rings that have up to an additional 40 MOA using the supplied inserts, should help you get there. https://www.burrisoptics.com/mounting-systems/rings/xtr-signature-rings

I have these same rings for my Leupold 6.5-20x40 which is a one inch tube and use the Burris Signature 1.00" height and I have plenty of barrel and bolt clearance along with the ability to adjust MOA inclination.

Hope you are able to sleep tonight b/c tomorrow is your Vudoo Day!

#207 ·
Guess it's time

Looking to order my Vudoo rifle. Thinking since will be mainly a Benchrest rifle of getting a 20" MTU contour barrel in a Foundation Genesis stock. Calvin Elite trigger. I plan on putting my Nightforce Competition 15-55 scope on it and maybe a 10 moa rail. Scope only has 55 total moa in it, I don't plan on shooting past 100 yards, maybe 200. I can't find much in action and barrel color, I will probably go with graphite black.

#209 · (Edited)
Yup, todays the day, and i am excited, got up a hour early. But im probably gona back out on the 50 shot target today, im seeing 16 mph wind by the time i git ffl’ed scoped and to the range. im sure you dont want my “in the wind“ targets posted, but im not gona cherry pick either. I dont know about most folks but im generally hopeful, when i see a 0’s to 1’s single 5 shot group i tend to hope my guns gona do that all the time. Im afraid im a bit of a day dreamer. I will surely let you know how we are doing. If my additions close, lapua testing put about 400 thru it. Later.
TC
I dont plan to go past 100 yd often.

#214 ·
All the new mags are finished but we've not intro'd them yet. I don't want to say much more than that because I'm not a vendor here.

MB

#221 · (Edited)
Cuzz, just curious? I have read all your posts from hesitant so to speak from paying the higher price of a Vudoo to now handling and shooting one a bit. Where are you on your decision you made?

Sadly I haven't been able to get out and shoot mine a lot, did give dirt naps to about 100 pdogs this summer. If I missed I sure as heck cannot blame the Vudoo. Shooting minimags or Power Points I made one shot kills the farthest ever for me and a .22. Only about 175yds max but darn it felt good to guess holdover and wind, pull the trigger and all done.lol Will always consider the Vudoo my smartest investment I have made. I just haven't been able to set down and do some ammo testing with better ammo though. :( I jumped on right away with #9 for invoice on mine. :D Cannot thank Mike B enough for his contributions to me being able to purchase mine. Only Custom rifle I own!

Respectfully,
Dennis

#224 ·
Hey Dennis, the first two times that i shot my vudoo was in about 5 mph wind switching directions and my best wind adjustment is to stay home if its windy. I was worried about my Vudoo. But it was mostly still yesterday and i got a sample of what it can do. I ordered a scope for it yesterday. I really like that gun.

#229 ·
Couple of 5-shot groups I shot at 200 yards the other day.

• Vudoo Gun Works V-22 (30 moa base)
  • 20" Bartlein MTU Contour
  • TriggerTech Diamond Pro Curved
  • MPA BA Competition Chassis
  • ARC M10 34mm, 28mm height rings
  • Kahles K525i SKMR3 LSW

Now THAT is a serious .22lr setup. My wife would have my hide on a drying rack for that dream rig of a 22 considering all the other goodies in my safe. Good on you sir, no jealousy here, just appreciation for some mighty fine equipment. Big fan of Triggertech and Kahles myself. Still mulling over one of these Vudoos.

#231 ·
FYI to all the Vudoo shooters on the thread, I'm having pretty good results on paper with Center-X from 50 through 200 yards. I'm going to try and get out to my other range facility to shoot 300, 400, and beyond to see how Center-X and the Vudoo is holding up. Got some more of the same lot from Brunos ordered today.

I won't be able to get out to my longer range facility until maybe the Christmas break.

I will say that my CZ 455 and Vudoo V-22 have made me realize the value of .22LR as a practice platform. I'm seriously reconsidering getting a Compass Lake Engineering 22LR Service Rifle upper. I never got one back when I was still competing in High Power Service Rifle. I know my 200 yard standing is nowhere what it used to be and getting the CLE SR upper might be a good idea for me so I can get back in the saddle and not lose my HP Service Rifle skillset.

#235 · (Edited)
ocabj - I bought a CLE 22RF SR upper from Frank back in '99 IIRC, while I was still in the hunt for leg points towards my Distinguished Badge. My offhand sucked, and I wasn't even all that consistent when it came to slow prone. That .22 upper helped me a bunch in both positions (as did a used Anschutz 1611 I traded a CMP H&R M12 to Mac Tilton for). After I legged-out, I sold that upper to a good friend who was also working on his Badge, and not long afterwards, he legged out.

I got to missing the CLE 22 upper a couple of years ago, so called down to inquire about buying just the modified M261 conversion unit, a Douglas match bbl, and the neat little delrin fork single round loading tool. I put the parts together on Aero Precision receivers & handguard, as seen in the attached photo. Though I'm a long-time fan & user of RRA's NM 2-stage triggers, they give cycling problems with these uppers, so I bought a Geissele B-G2S-E trigger from Brownells for this rifle, and it's worked like a champ. This rifle has out-shot a couple of my converted 40X repeaters with custom bbls with an exceptional lot of SK Std+ at 200yds, which proved again that Frank's design for a 22RF upper is excellent. The 2nd photo shows the two converted 40Xs at top, and my three V-22s below. As you can see, I prefer conventional stocks to chassis; the 3rd rifle from the top was my 1st V-22, purchased as a bare action, and barreled by me with a Krieger 22" sendero blank - it's now in the GAP camo PRS1 stock that the V-22 below it was in, and that rifle is now in another PRS1 in scorched earth camo. The little sporter V-22 at the bottom was ordered in as a bbl'd action with VGW's 18" Ranch contour bbl, but I didn't care for the way it balanced, even though the ACE bbl shot really well. That rifle now wears another 22" Krieger, this one in #4 sporter contour. Love those V-22s....

Attachments

#236 ·
ocabj - I bought a CLE 22RF SR upper from Frank back in '99 IIRC, while I was still in the hunt for leg points towards my Distinguished Badge. My offhand sucked, and I wasn't even all that consistent when it came to slow prone. That .22 upper helped me a bunch in both positions (as did a used Anschutz 1611 I traded a CMP H&R M12 to Mac Tilton for). After I legged-out, I sold that upper to a good friend who was also working on his Badge, and not long afterwards, he legged out.
I legged out back in 2009. During that time, I was fortunate to have easy access to 200 yards, so I never had to shoot reduced course and all I did at the range every weekend was shoot standing. My only issues in prone was sight fade (eye fatigue) which will probably be resolved by using the now legal scopes.

At my current range, if I were to starting casually shooting Service Rifle again, that CLE 22RF upper will definitely be a lot better for practice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.