Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Winterseed Bald Knob, Arkansas

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MacGhillemohr 
#1 · (Edited)
For those interested, we just completed a Winterseed in Bald Knob, Arkansas at the VETS Shooting Center, 15-16 January 22. The event was well attended with a high instructor to shooter ratio. First day went very well, in spite of the perfect hypothermia weather, temps in the 40's with a constant light rain all day. The last time my rifle was so wet was when I was in the Army! Things progressed very well, allowing us to shoot two AQT's on Saturday. With the lens of my scope obscured by rain, I first shot a 237 with my semi auto Tac Sol build, then wiped the lens with a handkerchief for the next AQT, then shot a 247.

Sunday opened up with snow on the ground and ice everywhere, the Shoot Boss declared this to be a Winterseed, so everyone had the opportunity to earn the Winterseed patch, especially for those who didn't have one yet. We shot six AQT's, including a Rapid Fire AQT, which I always enjoy. We had one new shooter earn his Winterseed/Rifleman patch and quite a few re-qualifications. All seemed to have a great experience and are looking forward to the next event in Arkansas.

Arkansas will now issue a non-standard to the Appleseed program a "Bolt Action Rifle" patch, in recognition of the added difficulty to earning the Rifleman patch. I shot a bolt action CZ 452 UL all day on Sunday, scores in the 240's, except the Rapid Fire AQT, it was a 238. Here's a picture of the new patch on my vest.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
The Long Range patch was the patch awarded for qualifying on KD, before the new KD patch was introduced. Centerfire Rifleman is covered by qualifying on KD, but I like how you think!

Are you obsessed? I don't think so, I think everyone should have goals and practice for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.