Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:00 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Vista Outdoor Promotions Rebate Tracking

Let's keep track of our ammunition (CCI and other Vista Outdoor Promotions) rebates.

I sent my submittals in (online) yesterday.
They say it may take up to 8 weeks to get our rebates.

We will see.

https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/

Status Lookup:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brands.JPG (27.0 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by OldWolf; 01-18-2019 at 10:11 AM. Reason: More inclusive title and thread text.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:46 AM
TheGriz
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I sent several Federal and CCI rebates in online back before Christmas. I got an "approved" email yesterday on the first Federal one I submitted on 12/14. Email stated I would receive the check within 4 weeks.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:36 AM
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good luck! I tried the Federal/CCI free T-shirt last year. Followed every detail perfectly. Receipt, UPC code off the case, filled out the form, dotted the I's and crossed the T's. Got an e-mail denying, said no UPC code. I said look again. Got another denial saying no receipt. I had sent them the packing list that came from Target Sports that showed date ordered and price, but that wasn't good enough. I returned with another e-mail saying please review it all again. Never heard back. So needless to say, I'll never try that game again. Still shoot CCI std vel, I'll never give up on that stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2019, 07:17 PM
vf750rider

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I also filed online CCI rebates 2 days ago for 5000 rounds, got the 8 week response as well, so we'll see.

I had also filed a $50 rebate online last month for the Savage A22 I purchased (also Vista Outdoors), I got the "approved - check in the mail" email on it, so fingers crossed.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:12 PM
lone gunman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
turned mine in online on the 23 of December. still waiting for approval. bought 2 sixteen hundred round boxes of federal 36g 22lr and one 300 round box of federal black 223. we will see what happens.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:29 PM
PAndy

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I received my rebate from Federal , from a fall purchase of center fire ammo. it is a prepaid visa card. $5 per box
Old 01-10-2019, 06:46 AM
TrblShtr
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Submitted the rebate online for 2 1600 round .22LR BlackPacks on 11/25/2018.
Received approval email on 12/26/2019. Should be here by 1/25/2019.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:01 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
CCI Rebate Tracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vf750rider View Post
I also filed online CCI rebates 2 days ago for 5000 rounds, got the 8 week response as well, so we'll see.

I had also filed a $50 rebate online last month for the Savage A22 I purchased (also Vista Outdoors), I got the "approved - check in the mail" email on it, so fingers crossed.

Hi, Did you send in the UPC bar codes from each of the bricks or the UPC code from the master cardboard box that all the bricks were packaged in ? I am Getting ready to send in for the Rebate. Thanks, John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Riverdude; 01-11-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:14 AM
bradcdavis00

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I took pictures per instructions and submitted online.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2019, 07:26 AM
Carrij
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdude View Post
Hi, Did you send in the UPC bar codes from each of the bricks or the UPC code from the master cardboard box that all the bricks were packaged in ? I am Getting ready to send in for the Rebate. Thanks, John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I used the code off one of the ammo boxes not the cardboard case.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:34 AM
vf750rider

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Online instructions had me take pic of UPC and the front and side of box. I used a box of 50 since the UPC was the same as on the brick, took one pic of UPC, front and side, and submitted same pics 5 times (I had 5 different invoices with 5 different dates).

I thought was interesting that the UPC on a box of 50 was identical as the UPC on a brick of 500. Sure would be nice to come across a few 500 bricks at Wal-Mart that ring up at 50 box price!
Old 01-13-2019, 08:41 AM
baogongmeo

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3838 View Post
Good luck! I tried the Federal/CCI free T-shirt last year. Followed every detail perfectly. Receipt, UPC code off the case, filled out the form, dotted the I's and crossed the T's. Got an e-mail denying, said no UPC code. I said look again. Got another denial saying no receipt. I had sent them the packing list that came from Target Sports that showed date ordered and price, but that wasn't good enough. I returned with another e-mail saying please review it all again. Never heard back. So needless to say, I'll never try that game again. Still shoot CCI std vel, I'll never give up on that stuff.
I bought 3 of the 1600 count boxes of 22lr and 2 of the boxes of 9mm. Sent everything in at the end of Nov. . Right before Christmas I called them since their site was not showing anything about my rebate. The person that I spoke with told me not to worry that it was taking several weeks and to give it a few more days. Since the cut-off date was Jan. 2nd, I called a second time on the 29th or 30th of Dec. to see if I should re-submit and was asked for my name, phone number and email address and was told that it wasn't necessary to re-send at that time and that I was in their system before the cut-off and that they would have me send it at a later date if they still couldn't find my original.

Well I called again yesterday and the woman who answered said that the offer expired and that I was not in their system. I said hold on there a minute, your guy told me not to re-send my paperwork and that I was being put into your system to prove that I was timely. She took my name, phone number and email address yet again and said that she would see about getting me a waiver and if I haven't heard back from them by 3pm Fri. to call.

I think if you fall through the cracks so to speak, the customer service people will tell you anything to get rid of you and make little to no effort to correct the problem.

A couple of years ago Remington had a similar rebate on their Golden Sabre handgun ammunition. I purchased the maximum amount of boxes of the rebated ammo, sent all the required UPCs, form, ect. and had a similar problem. I kept at it for several months, phone call after phone call, getting told a different line each time until I finally talked to someone who was sympathetic to my plight and resolved it shortly.
A close friend made an identical purchase the same day as I did from the same vendor and never did get his $100 rebate.

A few months ago there was a $25 rebate for the purchase of a Fenwick rod and a Pfleuger reel. You were allowed 2 rebates and there were lines on the form for 2 rods and 2 reels. I bought 2 rods and 2 reels from the approved lists, sent everything in well with-in the time limit and waited.
I finally received a check for 1 of the rod/reel purchases. It took a couple of months and a number of phone calls but finally I received the other rebate.

Some people seem to never have a problem receiving their rebates and good for them.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:23 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baogongmeo View Post
Some people seem to never have a problem receiving their rebates and good for them.
I never get rebates without calling and following up. I'm calling Outdoor Promotions tomorrow about a Federal ammo rebate that I sent in in October. They don't notify me when a claim is rejected, it's up to me to follow up and see if there's a problem. I was told that my submission was unqualified when I checked their website here https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/Home/Lookup
When I called the person I talked to kept giving me a broken record response that my submission was unqualified even though they couldn't identify what was missing. After repeatedly pointing out that I complied with all the requirements of the rebate I asked to speak to a supervisor, the supervisor looked at my claim and agreed that I had provided all of the published requirements of the rebate but that now were requiring proof of shipment on shipped orders as well as a receipt. Since several weeks had passed since I made the purchase I no longer had the email confirm shipment, she said don't worry she would get it approved and taken care of.
After a few weeks passed I checked their website again it still showed my submission as unqualified, so I called again, I was told that in their system it showed as approved for payment, so I waited. I have received nothing, and the website still shows my claim as unqualified.
So tomorrow I call again.
This is a for $50.00 rebate. Right now I'm $500.00 worth of pissed off, we'll see what that goes up to after tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:38 AM
baogongmeo

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motovita View Post
I never get rebates without calling and following up. I'm calling Outdoor Promotions tomorrow about a Federal ammo rebate that I sent in in October. They don't notify me when a claim is rejected, it's up to me to follow up and see if there's a problem. I was told that my submission was unqualified when I checked their website here https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/Home/Lookup
When I called the person I talked to kept giving me a broken record response that my submission was unqualified even though they couldn't identify what was missing. After repeatedly pointing out that I complied with all the requirements of the rebate I asked to speak to a supervisor, the supervisor looked at my claim and agreed that I had provided all of the published requirements of the rebate but that now were requiring proof of shipment on shipped orders as well as a receipt. Since several weeks had passed since I made the purchase I no longer had the email confirm shipment, she said don't worry she would get it approved and taken care of.
After a few weeks passed I checked their website again it still showed my submission as unqualified, so I called again, I was told that in their system it showed as approved for payment, so I waited. I have received nothing, and the website still shows my claim as unqualified.
So tomorrow I call again.
This is a for $50.00 rebate. Right now I'm $500.00 worth of pissed off, we'll see what that goes up to after tomorrow.
This Vista Outdoors is the outfit handling the rebate that I'm having trouble with.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:50 AM
Lance Boyle
US Marines Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3838 View Post
I am not saying that CCI is playing games but a lot of the rebate offers lately seem to be baloney offers to entice the sale.

Remington is a black hole of rebates. Hornady too. Never got my free bullets from buying their items and filling out the forms. I do get their catalog in the mail so I know Hornady got it.

I no longer consider rebates as a factor in ammo purchases because of the no upc or no receipt claims.