Buck Mark Tactical Solutions Barrel Front Sight Help - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-21-2018, 10:00 PM
Rush128

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Buck Mark Tactical Solutions Barrel Front Sight Help

I recently picked up a Buck Mark Plus UDX. I am looking to use my tac sol threaded barrel on it but canít seem to find a front sight that is tall enough (tac sol doesnít offer one tall enough). The other issue is the stock front sight that comes with it is too long and overhangs the threads on the tac sol barrel. I measure the stock sight at 0.550 of an inch tall. I saw Dawson precision has one that is almost tall enough (they have it listed for a Ruger). I would think this would work but I was wondering if anyone had experience with the Dawson front sight on a tac sol barrel and if they are short enough not to have the same issue as the browning sights.

Also if you have any other front sights that would work I would be interested to check them out.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:54 PM
huntsman22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
red dot, baby.......

Old 12-22-2018, 03:11 PM
Pennsylvaniapete
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tac sol front sight

I had to find a taller front sight for my 2017 UDX after I installed my Picatinny rail.
I remember looking on Amazon for Buckmark fiber optic front sights.
I can't remember if I got it on Amazon.....or I got a Browning sight that was of the 2017 Hunter.
Anyway, I ended up putting on a Vortex Venom red dot....and I will never go back to the iron/fiber optic combination.

Just my take on things.....
Papete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2018, 04:14 PM
Rush128

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am planning on a red dot. I like having the option for the sights. I am really curious if anyone has tried the Dawson Precision front sight on a tac sol barrel. I'll probably end up ordering the 0.54 they have listed for the ruger and hope for the best unless someone has tried this already
Old 12-22-2018, 06:45 PM
RWT22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The dawson I have on my 7.25 does go over the thread protector. You would need to cut off part of the sight to run a comp that is larger than the barrel. I bought the TS comp and loosen the sight when I make changes to keep from scratching the protector or the comp. The sight for the 4 inch is fairly tall from TS it will not extend over the threads at all.
Old 12-22-2018, 07:30 PM
Rush128

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I actually already tried the TS "high" front sight and is entirely below the fiber optic on the stock one from Browning.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:19 PM
RWT22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ruger site should work I bought a light wave and it fit but I don't remember the length. Also the Ruger screws have a different head than the Browings you may need to look for a screw.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:02 PM
Rush128

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I ordered the Dawson. We will see. I am worried about it with a suppressor. I also have an email into tac sol asking if they have anything.