Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-30-2019, 01:28 AM
ohiobeagler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
VFG pellets?

I tried using some off brand pellets from Amazon, and they were so tight that I couldn’t fit them into my chamber. They were supposed to be .22 cal. Are the VFG brand pellets like this? I’m new to the pellet craze.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:15 AM
KyleAllen
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The VFG Pellets are tight, but they fit all of my .22 rifles

If you screw them too far onto the pellet adapter, they can spread out at the base and will not enter the chamber
Old 09-30-2019, 08:49 AM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobeagler View Post
I tried using some off brand pellets from Amazon, and they were so tight that I couldnít fit them into my chamber. They were supposed to be .22 cal. Are the VFG brand pellets like this? Iím new to the pellet craze.
They are great, I been using them for several years. as for how they fit, that is the selling point for me. using the correct jag you can control how tight a fit it is to the bore, by how much you screw them onto the jag.
I usually screw them on just to have the pellet fully on the jag, push it into the chamber then turn the rod so to screw the pellet on further

Lee
Old 09-30-2019, 11:13 AM
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
VFG work great. I have been on a long needed gun cleaning spree over the last month and have been using them to attack the black ring on all my 22's. They are tight, but fill fit and work great.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:35 PM
ohiobeagler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I need to check them again. I can’t recall if I screwed them on the jag or not. If I remember, these are sized for .22 to .26 cal.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:37 PM
ohiobeagler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick1 View Post
VFG work great. I have been on a long needed gun cleaning spree over the last month and have been using them to attack the black ring on all my 22's. They are tight, but fill fit and work great.
This is exactly what I wanted them for. I ended up using Kroil and JB with a patch and jag. It worked. My son took the rifle out and immediately got it dirty again😂
Old 09-30-2019, 07:54 PM
zukiphile

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
I need to check them again. I canít recall if I screwed them on the jag or not. If I remember, these are sized for .22 to .26 cal.
Before I had the VFG specific jag, I just used the threaded male end of a hoppes cleaning rod.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:18 PM
ohiobeagler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
Quote:
I need to check them again. I can’t recall if I screwed them on the jag or not. If I remember, these are sized for .22 to .26 cal.
Before I had the VFG specific jag, I just used the threaded male end of a hoppes cleaning rod.
Good idea. I am using a Pro Shot adaptor for VFG pellets.