Turning my M4A1 into a GUU-5/P...sorta - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-30-2019, 06:41 PM
Willociraptor
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Cool build idea, I'll be following. Not so much into the retro stuff as you guys, but they're definitely cool. Really wanna build one like your M4A1 in the top picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2019, 07:56 PM
Gripen
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
97% (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
"I should have some extra lowers in case I need them. Triggers get expensive when scarce, so I should get some in case I need them. BCGs for $50? I should get some in case I need them. That stock is on sale, so just in case I need them
This is why I have so many lowers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willociraptor View Post
Cool build idea, I'll be following. Not so much into the retro stuff as you guys, but they're definitely cool. Really wanna build one like your M4A1 in the top picture.
Buy yourself an M4A1 lower from PSA, they're under $60 shipped. Here's some more pics to inspire you:

Now, clones are fun, but I enjoy other ARs too. This is my favorite at the moment:

Old 07-30-2019, 11:27 PM
Gator Monroe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
PSA has M16A2 engraved lowers in teh pipeline (I'm good for at least two ) especially if they are put on sale like the M16A4 and M4 ones ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2019, 07:48 AM
Gripen

TPC Rating: 
97% (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
PSA has M16A2 engraved lowers in teh pipeline (I'm good for at least two ) especially if they are put on sale like the M16A4 and M4 ones ...

Yep, I'm waiting for those to come out. They haven't released M16A4 and M4 lowers though, have they? I know Aero Precision did, but haven't seen them from PSA yet. Just the M4A1s. I really want them to do M16A1 lowers, but that likely won't happen since they'd require different forgings.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:21 PM
Gator Monroe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
Yep, I'm waiting for those to come out. They haven't released M16A4 and M4 lowers though, have they? I know Aero Precision did, but haven't seen them from PSA yet. Just the M4A1s. I really want them to do M16A1 lowers, but that likely won't happen since they'd require different forgings.
Aero Precision did the M16A4 lowers over a year ago (I built 2 ) One in 556 with real deal FN barrel and many real deal parts and am doing a Dedicated 22 with the other
Old 07-31-2019, 12:27 PM
Gator Monroe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm trying to figure out a different platform from AR now also GSG Uzi built up with real deal Retro IDF Carbine Wood Furniture & Sling & bits & pieces or GSG Early MP5 clone with the early verboten MP5 Knockoff goodies ...
Old 07-31-2019, 01:02 PM
Willociraptor
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
^^^ what GM said

Old 07-31-2019, 01:58 PM
Gator Monroe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willociraptor View Post
^^^ what GM said

Notice how I did not include 10/22 in my search
Old 07-31-2019, 10:21 PM
Willociraptor

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Notice how I did not include 10/22 in my search

Rimfire AK probably tops my list of non-AR interest, but I'm a total ignoramus re AK stuff so idk what's good and what's not. There's a guy I regularly see at Rimfire Challenge with one of those rimfire MP5SD's with a Vortex Venom and it's pretty slick. He let me shoot it once, and I liked it a lot, but that experience only constitutes a 10rd data pool so who knows if it's actually a nice platform. Now you've got me thinking about it and I'm gonna have to go find some more rabbit holes to explore lol thanks a lot

Old 08-01-2019, 02:45 AM
Gator Monroe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I’ve been into 22 AKM since 2007 ( WASR 22 with SAR Wood ) and since have purchased an AKT -98 with a Romanian side folder stock and an original early AKT-98 KK95 . And about 6 months back added to the collection a RAK 22 Romanian rimfire via Chiappa ( but that stays new unfired in box as a collector item ), my others have BDM spring loaded Firing pin kits & extractor / spring kits and other fine tuning added over the years ...
Old 08-01-2019, 02:54 AM
Gator Monroe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here’s the 2 AKT 98 and the WASR 22 , the RAK 22 is like the “ As New Sea foam green Stratocaster that the Guitarist did not want touched or even breathed on in “ Spinal Tap “ so it is not pictured lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81F2E7CB-A2A4-4F6C-82F7-CB2FE48D96AE_1564642244293.jpg (181.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-01-2019, 06:24 AM
Gripen

TPC Rating: 
97% (27)
Quote:
Iíve been into 22 AKM since 2007 ( WASR 22 with SAR Wood ) and since have purchased an AKT -98 with a Romanian side folder stock and an original early AKT-98 KK95 . And about 6 months back added to the collection a RAK 22 Romanian rimfire via Chiappa ( but that stays new unfired in box as a collector item ), my others have BDM spring loaded Firing pin kits & extractor / spring kits and other fine tuning added over the years ...
I've never heard of all those .22 AKs, those are awesome. The RAK 22 isn't super expensive, is it all steel and wood like a real AK? I kinda want one now.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:09 AM
Willociraptor

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah the RAK22 is metal and wood. About 6-1/2 lbs from a review I read, so still not 1:1 weight with a centerfire but still hefty for a rimfire.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Gator Monroe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Atlantic Firearms has them (RAK 22) on sale (Mags too) they are so much fun ,if you look for the WASR 22 , AKT-98 or RPK 22 or M10 22 (All rimfire Romanians ) the prices vary wildly for used examples .
Old 08-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Gator Monroe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Beretta ARX 160 would be a fun platform (To create a futuristic Sci Fi Weapon loaded with tactical goodies & Painted up )