Salad days of AR15 pattern weapons & 22 - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:35 AM
WVdavidB

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Does it count if you if you have 7 AR pattern but as much in them as if you had do uh blue that number? And let's not even talk about 10/22s!

1 556 Rifle DI
1 556 Rifle Piston
1 300 Pistol DI
1 22 LR Pistol
1 9mm Pistol
1 AR10 308 Rifle Piston
1 AR10 12 ga Shotgun

1 Milled Ak
1 Stamped AK

But a POF Revolution and an Ohio Ordinance Works BAR have been on the radar for some time now.

Just built this braced Mossy 410 out of a shockwave. It's a fun little gun!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2019, 08:18 PM
Notchman
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
PSA also has PSA 16" 5.56 NATO M4 CARBINE CLASSIC RIFLE KIT, OLIVE DRAB GREEN for $279.99. If you have a stripped lower laying around then you're GTG
Old 07-25-2019, 09:41 PM
Urban_Cowboy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
PSA lower and a Tac-Sol upper, both on sale total right at $350 about a year ago, runs great.

Reliable, accurate...FUN
Nice plinker. Any issues with magazine and ammo finickiness with that Tac-Sol upper?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2019, 10:02 PM
Urban_Cowboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Stay Away from PSA !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
Just ordered a Palmetto 22 upper myself. Thus far I've built a bunch of guns from them and been happy with every one so far.
Yikes! good luck with the PSA upper and even better with luck with their abhorrent customer service when you are trying to exchange it or get your money back.

I've tried twice with them with a 7" dedicated upper. Both times received total garbage that wouldn't feed. Every other round would stovepipe and require upper removal to clear it. I tried 6 mags (2 new 4 old and over a dozen different types and makes of ammo). I sent it back and a month later they sent it back to me with no fixes. Instead of a refund, they tricked me into waiting 3 months for an exchange for one of their new gen models.

The new gen replacement was clearly used with a lot of wear even though it was sold as new. It would accept magazines OK but still jam at least one stovepipe a magazine. It shot worse than anything - 8" pattern at 10 yards. It took four months, a dozen emails and a dozen phone calls to get my refund after I returned it. A friend had similar issues with stovepipes and accuracy and similar trouble trying to get a refund.

I came across a CMMG barrel and bolt combo early this spring and built it up around new generic AR upper parts. It is still a bit magazine sensitive (likes all but the first gen BDMs) but accepts most types of ammo and runs like a champ. I have over 1000 rounds suppressed through it, 95% subsonic. I was a little hesitant with it only being a 4.5" barrel but it shoots one inch groups at 25 yards.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:20 PM
Urban_Cowboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here's the dedicated 22 LR upper I built this spring.

4.5" CMMG barrel and bolt group / Anderson slick side lightweight upper / Radical 7.5" lightweight slim hand guard / generic charging handle / Sight Mark red dot / GemTech can / custom high temp paint

Plays well with the fully custom SBR lower / Ruger AR-556 receiver / tuned & polished single stage Rise Armament trigger / grey Magpul furniture

I have over 1000 rounds suppressed through it, 95% subsonic. I was a little hesitant with it only being a 4.5" barrel but it shoots one inch groups at 25 yards. Very happy with it.

I also have and love a few other AR-type dedicated 22s - a Sig 522 and a M&P 15-22P pistol. Both are super reliable and super fun
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190607_151728.jpg (499.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 07-25-2019, 10:23 PM
Gripen
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
97% (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Cowboy View Post
Yikes! good luck with the PSA upper and even better with luck with their abhorrent customer service when you are trying to exchange it or get your money back.

I've tried twice with them with a 7" dedicated upper. Both times received total garbage that wouldn't feed. Every other round would stovepipe and require upper removal to clear it. I tried 6 mags (2 new 4 old and over a dozen different types and makes of ammo). I sent it back and a month later they sent it back to me with no fixes. Instead of a refund, they tricked me into waiting 3 months for an exchange for one of their new gen models.

The new gen replacement was clearly used with a lot of wear even though it was sold as new. It would accept magazines OK but still jam at least one stovepipe a magazine. It shot worse than anything - 8" pattern at 10 yards. It took four months, a dozen emails and a dozen phone calls to get my refund after I returned it. A friend had similar issues with stovepipes and accuracy and similar trouble trying to get a refund.
I've never had an issue with PSA's products or customer service. They don't make top-tier stuff, but everything I've bought has been very serviceable. Plus, they currently make the best M4A1 clone lowers, which is cool.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:45 PM
octanejunkie

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My experiences with PSA have all been positive. They offer a good product at a great value and have a pretty soild reputation overall. Not the best customer service, but I've always gotten what I ordered, eventually.

I chose to cancel an order once and it was handled quickly and efficiently; I was even refunded the same day. I felt my request was handled very well and it kept me coming back.

They are probably understaffed and they could definitely use a better order and supply chain management solution (software). Waiting several days for an order to ship is not exactly cutting edge internet sales in today's age of 2-day free Prime shipping.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2019, 01:06 AM
varmit hunter67
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
PSA lower and a Tac-Sol upper, both on sale total right at $350 about a year ago, runs great.

Reliable, accurate...FUN
That is a good looking weapon. No doubt about it.

VH
Old 07-26-2019, 07:01 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Cowboy View Post
Nice plinker. Any issues with magazine and ammo finickiness with that Tac-Sol upper?
None so far, a couple of thousand rounds down the tube.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:52 AM
Gator Monroe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just received my JSE Surplus 50.00$ A2 blem stripped upper and am super pleased (Anchor Harvey Forging mark , could not find any imperfection at all .
Old 07-26-2019, 11:11 AM
Gripen
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
97% (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
Just received my JSE Surplus 50.00$ A2 blem stripped upper and am super pleased (Anchor Harvey Forging mark , could not find any imperfection at all .
Is it black or gray? I really want a gray one someday, just like how it looks a little better. I did order a slickside A1 upper from Brownells recently and when that arrives I'm going put that on my .22 instead of the flat top upper it currently has. Can't wait.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:17 AM
Gator Monroe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Most A2 were Black (With some mixed dark gray like FN ) if you want a Grayish A2 stripped upper Shark Arms has new FN ones for 158.00$ I have many A2 builds and only one has a dark grayish upper (Colt A2 from late 90s )
Old 08-05-2019, 05:11 PM
Urban_Cowboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
None so far, a couple of thousand rounds down the tube.

Good to know, thanks!