Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-26-2017, 03:04 PM
shelby1941
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
mark 4 recall

Today I received my recall package for my 22/45 lite from Ruger. Instruction were written plain and simple. Box and packaging seemed more than ample. My pistol is already at the Post Office and on its way to Az. Hope rest of the procedure is as pain free as it has been so far. Thanks Shelby Chastain
Old 06-26-2017, 03:22 PM

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I had a similar experience -- they've made it as convenient and trouble-free as they could.

Took mine to the PO today. We'll see which one gets there first.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:19 PM
MarkB1
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Did each of you receive an email telling you the return box was on it's way or did the box just show up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2017, 04:37 PM

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
They didn't need my email address so I didn't give it to them. The box just showed up about two weeks after I signed up for the recall on the website.

I signed up on Day One. I imagine people that signed up later will take longer than two weeks to get a box. I imagine Ruger will try to pace themselves on sending out the boxes so they can handle what is coming in within the promised week... meaning if they get backed up on turning around the ones coming in they will delay on sending out more boxes. Their goal, of course, is to avoid having your grip laying around waiting to be taken care of while they are busy with others.

Last edited by Sophia; 06-26-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:15 PM
KTGunsmithing
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I had a similar experience -- they've made it as convenient and trouble-free as they could.
They certainly have. I don't quite understand the reluctance I've seen here to get the lower updated. Future aftermarket parts are going to made to be compatible with the "upgraded" parts so getting the new pieces installed seems like a no brainer. With Rugers' policy on "restricted" parts the only way you're going to get the upgraded pieces is to send in your lower.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:07 PM
valor1

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Two weeks for the box to come in after signing up. You're lucky. I'm still waiting after more than two weeks now. Mustering all the virtue of patience.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:23 PM

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Took mine to the PO today. We'll see which one gets there first.
Delivered to Ruger today.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:00 AM
Florida Guy

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Received my box yesterday, however, I'm going to wait a few weeks before sending mine to them. Let them get any "kinks" out of the system first.
I'm really in no rush.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:53 PM
hooverjc

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
First one in Prescott...

Got my first box Tuesday this week, mailed yesterday, in Prescott today. Will see what the turn around is for AZ residents. Have four more to return when boxes arrive.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:17 PM
bigjeepman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I signed up for the recall the second day which was the day after I bought my 22/45. I just got my box yesterday and sent it out today.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:53 PM
Scuba_Steve
US Army Veteran Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I signed up on 6/15 and so far have only received a handful of email messages, including this one that arrived yesterday:

Quote:
Dear xxxxx,

You signed up for the Mark IV™ recall several weeks ago, and we wanted to update you on the status. We now have parts in stock and have started shipping boxes to customers like you. You were among the first Mark IV™ owners to sign up for the recall, so you will be among the first to receive your box and shipping instructions. If you have not already received a package from Ruger containing your box and shipping instructions, you can expect to receive one soon. When you do, simply follow the shipping instructions and send us your grip frame assembly. We will make every effort to return your grip frame assembly within one week of receiving it from you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this process.

Very Truly Yours,
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

Guess not.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:06 AM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Thumbs up i received e-mail on thur.

it stated they now "have the parts" and I was one of the first to register so my box would come soon. that's all I know so far.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:10 AM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Wink YUP

that's the one I received yesterday also. we will see how soon it arrives.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Florida Guy

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I signed up early, got my box about 10 days ago, and waited for things to calm down before I sent mine out.
I sent mine back July 5 and it will be delivered today
I also sent my MK IV Hunter with the VQ accurizing kit back to VQ for them to remove the kit, install my old parts, send to Ruger for the recall, reinstall my kit, and send it back to me.
If you're not familiar with this offer from VQ, they charge $100 for this service.
It took me almost 3 hours to install the kit (even with watching the video) and I just didn't think it was worth all the additional hours it would have taken me to reverse the procedure, so letting VQ handle it for me.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:35 PM
ARmada59
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question Difference...

Are they going to use the same parts that are on the models that were produced AFTER June 1st...since those were "ok", and only the ones before that date (ser# 401xxx) were called out? Would make sense to use the same ones and not have to keep a secondary inventory of "special" parts.

Just wondering what the difference in the two manufacture dates were. Someone in QC let a few bad parts get through? Oops...