Help ID the trigger group - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-19-2021, 03:25 PM
jm7480

Join Date: 
Apr 2019
Posts: 
9
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Help ID the trigger group



Log in to see fewer ads
I trying to id the trigger group . This is a new to me model 1441 match 54 . I was able to adjust the trigger so it does not fire when the bolt is closed but would like to get a manual on the trigger group. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211019_144903_resized.jpg (173.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20211019_144910_resized.jpg (198.2 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-19-2021, 03:43 PM
Camster

Join Date: 
Sep 2003
Posts: 
14,986
TPC Rating: 
99% (58)
Assume you meant to write a Model 1411.
I think the 71 on the side indicates that it is a 5071 trigger.
Not an expert, but I think it makes the trigger newer than the gun.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-19-2021, 03:45 PM
jm7480

Join Date: 
Apr 2019
Posts: 
9
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
thank you
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 10-19-2021, 04:24 PM
tim slater

Join Date: 
Apr 2005
Location: 
United Kingdom
Posts: 
4,406
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd agree that's a 5071. The red epoxy suggests it was made in the '70s, or '80s. In terms of adjustment, any Anschutz Match 54 manual printed since 1977 will give the information you need; the basic adjustments are the same as on the current 5018.

I also agree with Camster that it's probably a retro-fit. The 5071 trigger was fitted and standard to the improved Match 54 rifles known as 16xx; at the time these were sold as 14xx. However I can't see S--F markings on the LHS for the safety catch, so I presume this is the older wing-safety type.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-19-2021, 05:27 PM
1911nut
US Army

Join Date: 
May 2004
Location: 
Colorado
Posts: 
1,217
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=516873
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-19-2021, 07:17 PM
jm7480

Join Date: 
Apr 2019
Posts: 
9
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes it is a 1411. That was my typo. Thank you for all your responses
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-20-2021, 07:00 AM
Thomasconnor's Avatar
Thomasconnor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Sep 2011
Location: 
Hbg PA
Posts: 
2,878
TPC Rating: 
100% (77)
Is there an X after the serial number?...Tom
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-20-2021, 10:55 AM
tim slater

Join Date: 
Apr 2005
Location: 
United Kingdom
Posts: 
4,406
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasconnor View Post
Is there an X after the serial number?...Tom
I'd be surprised, as the receiver isn't marked for the trigger-mounted safety that was standard on 16xx rifles.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-20-2021, 12:58 PM
Thomasconnor's Avatar
Thomasconnor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Sep 2011
Location: 
Hbg PA
Posts: 
2,878
TPC Rating: 
100% (77)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim slater View Post
I'd be surprised, as the receiver isn't marked for the trigger-mounted safety that was standard on 16xx rifles.
Yes, I was curious though...Tom
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-21-2021, 05:01 AM
Sandy22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2005
Posts: 
861
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim slater View Post
.... The red epoxy suggests it was made in the '70s,.....
A word to the wise regarding the red epoxy. It's there for a reason. Without it the pins may be liable to drift out of the trigger unit and the epoxy doesn't last forever; over a period and/or with extensive use it may flake off or otherwise lose its grip on the pin(s). This will upset the operation of the trigger and may lead to the loss of the pin(s).

It's worth monitoring the integrity of the epoxy and eventually refreshing it if necessary. Otherwise you could possibly line the trigger mortice to stop the pin drifting far enough to be a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-21-2021, 09:04 AM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2011
Location: 
NLV
Posts: 
5,236
TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm7480 View Post
I trying to id the trigger group . This is a new to me model 1441 match 54 . I was able to adjust the trigger so it does not fire when the bolt is closed but would like to get a manual on the trigger group. Any help would be appreciated.
That trigger is the 5071-1 which was a replacement retro fit for 1400 series match 54 you can I.D them because of the trigger cam the original 5071 didn't have that
It is essentially a 5018 with the correct sear lever

Lee
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-21-2021, 09:07 AM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2011
Location: 
NLV
Posts: 
5,236
TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy22 View Post
A word to the wise regarding the red epoxy. It's there for a reason. Without it the pins may be liable to drift out of the trigger unit and the epoxy doesn't last forever; over a period and/or with extensive use it may flake off or otherwise lose its grip on the pin(s). This will upset the operation of the trigger and may lead to the loss of the pin(s).

It's worth monitoring the integrity of the epoxy and eventually refreshing it if necessary. Otherwise you could possibly line the trigger mortice to stop the pin drifting far enough to be a problem.
Yup 100% spot on best to remove the old epoxy and use new epoxy
Over time the pins will break free from the original red epoxy

Lee
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-21-2021, 12:07 PM
Hip's Ax's Avatar
Hip's Ax
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jul 2002
Location: 
Escaped NJ, now in PA, YES!!!
Posts: 
984
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Hip's Ax
The epoxy is already gone on the right side, the pins are tapered (that how they set the clearance). Best to re epoxy now, my epoxy gave up at Camp Perry in 2001 and it made for a long 4 days. Epoxy over what is still there on the left side, clean it good and rough it up a little bit before. No more replacement triggers are available for these, back in the day Anschutz would replace them no questions asked but the replacement was an updated design with e clips and no epoxy. I got lucky and found a Kenyon for mine.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-21-2021, 12:48 PM
Gizmo60's Avatar
Gizmo60

Join Date: 
Apr 2018
Location: 
Ireland - Across the big pond as they say
Posts: 
988
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-NV Shooter View Post
Yup 100% spot on best to remove the old epoxy and use new epoxy. Over time the pins will break free from the original red epoxy Lee
Lee.

Any suggestions/recommendations as to what new type of epoxy to use.

Thanks. Giz
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-21-2021, 01:56 PM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2011
Location: 
NLV
Posts: 
5,236
TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo60 View Post
Lee.

Any suggestions/recommendations as to what new type of epoxy to use.

Thanks. Giz
Giz,

I actually just use Devcon 10110 bedding compound

Lee
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x