Joining the CZ club - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-15-2021, 12:37 AM
Marzoom

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Joining the CZ club

As of tomorrow, hopefully depending on the postal service. I will have in my hands my first ever bolt action rifle and got myself the Canadian Edition.

Been doing a lot of reading on here about these rifles and so have a good idea about doing a pre-check on them before pulling the trigger.

I only hope it is a fine shooter.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:34 AM
1Rudedawg

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congrats, hope it's a good shooter which it should be. My gun dealer buddy has been trying to score me a cz for a while.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:00 AM
lv2fish

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I expect you will be more than pleased with your new CZ.
Don't forget to send pics upon arrival.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2021, 09:50 AM
Marzoom

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dang it, suppose to rain all weekend so might not be able to shoot it.
None the less, it will be a long day today waiting for it.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:04 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzoom View Post
Dang it, suppose to rain all weekend so might not be able to shoot it.
None the less, it will be a long day today waiting for it.
I do my best shooting in the rain so long as it’s not too heavy and or windy. I shoot my best groups when there is light to moderate rain so long that is falling at straight down.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:15 AM
Lovemesomecz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welcome and yes plan on shoot , smile and repeat ! Great little rifles that $ for $ apples to apples comparison cannot be beat ! Accurate , reliable .... wait you will see for yourself real soon ! Keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2021, 01:11 PM
edrabara

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
As of tomorrow, hopefully depending on the postal service. I will have in my hands my first ever bolt action rifle and got myself the Canadian Edition.

Been doing a lot of reading on here about these rifles and so have a good idea about doing a pre-check on them before pulling the trigger.

I only hope it is a fine shooter.

If it rains, thatíll give you time to check it out thoroughly: check grub screw torque, action screws torque, adjust the trigger, smooth out the bolt, clean the chamber and bore, check the clearance between the barrel and the stock, wax the stock, check the CZ catalog for the next 45X model to add to your collection.

In addition: read up on rails and scopes and scope rings, and so on.

Or just put it up on a stand and admire its looks.

Congratulations!
Old 10-15-2021, 05:37 PM
Marzoom

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Don't mind rain as long as it is not pouring rain which is what they are calling for and 50 km wind.
I can always setup my shelter if need be.

So went target ammo hunting today and could only find SKS Standard Plus and some RWS stuff as this is the kind of ammo these rifles like best. So hard to find a good choice around here, is Eley any good? How about Hornady?

Well hoping it shows up soon..
Old 10-15-2021, 06:47 PM
BobCole
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
So went target ammo hunting today and could only find SKS Standard Plus and some RWS stuff as this is the kind of ammo these rifles like best. So hard to find a good choice around here, is Eley any good? How about Hornady?

SKS is darn good ammo. I shoot their match grade stuff & all of my guns love it.

Never shot RWS nor Hornady. RWS has a good rep, so it should be good to go. Hornady makes their rep via centerfire ammo, so who knows?

Ely ranges from Olympic grade ammo (cha-CHING!) to club match grade (not cheap, but good ammo). Hit their web site for their complete listing & then nose around for what you want to price. Anything with their name on it is going to be 1st class.

I've had exceptionally good results with Blazer lead round nose. This used to go for about $20 a brick, now it's about double that.

Most older .22 shooters will tell you each individual rifle will like one brand a lot more than others. The trick is to find that brand. Stick with 40gr ammo if you can, avoid the 36gr stuff, IMO.

My .o2
Old 10-15-2021, 07:10 PM
Marzoom

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the info, still trying out different ammo with my other rifles. My Henry Frontier seems to favour Blasers so pick up a brick of it today also.

Well doesn't seem I will get my rifle today, should have been here by now...so sad.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:26 PM
Marzoom

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Getting to late now so will not have it today, bummer.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:33 PM
Gizmo60

Ireland - Across the big pond as they say
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
.............So went target ammo hunting today and could only find SKS Standard Plus and some RWS stuff as this is the kind of ammo these rifles like best. So hard to find a good choice around here, is Eley any good? How about Hornady? ....

The ammo you want/require depends on the level of accuracy and the type of shooting you want to do.

IMHO Hornady in .22 rimfire sucks, use it for plinking/vermin control.

SK/Eley make very good ammo. Not every rifle likes SK/Eley or any other ammo flavour for that matter, some do, some don't.

SK Std + (yellow Box) basic stuff, very greasy/oily with lube.
SK Rifle Match (Red box) is a step up and better, not as greasy/oily.
SK Biathlon (Blue Box) is better again.

Other flavours of SK are Pistol Match (Green Box) (some Anschutz users love it), SK Flat Nose Basic/Flat Nose Match (basically Std+ & Rifle Match with flat nose). The Basic shows good reviews, the Match one not that great.

Top end Eley Match Target ammo is Tenex (Red Box) (expensive), then comes Match (Black Box) and Team (Blue Box). Eley Club [I](Orange Box) (commonly used as training ammo) can be very good.

All other Eley ammo is either sport shooting or game shooting.

RWS make great ammo, try RWS R50/RWS Special Match (Gold Box) and RWS Rifle Match (Black/Yellow box).

Testing is the name of the game. Once you find a particular lot that shoots to your accuracy requirements, grab as much of it as you can.

Enjoy

Giz

Last edited by Gizmo60; 10-15-2021 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:42 PM
Lovemesomecz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I usually start my Ammo search for new and new to me CZs in the bargain basement ammo section- I have a pretty wide assortment to choose from but CCI SV is usually where I start to see improvements in accuracy, then Iíll move to wolf sk rws and so forth until I eventually settle on something but I never assume it will automatically like this or dislike that .... you just never know until you put it to paper and see ...:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2021, 08:33 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No one has mentioned the best Ammo yet. Lapua Center X shoots best in my CZ’s.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:01 PM
Renfield

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congrats on the new CZ. I finally got my new 457 Varmint out for the first time last week. I couldnít be happier and hope you have the same experience.

I was running CCI SV and after 50 rounds it settled into groups not much larger than a quarter at 50 yds off of a bipod. Definitely a better shooter than I am. I canít wait to run some SK and Eley through it.