Divine POOP! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-08-2021, 11:32 PM
Frontstuffer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Divine POOP!

Went prowling around looking for a better scope for my 581S than the Bushnell 4x Sportview it came with.
Spotted a Burris Mini 6x HBR and got it for $80 o.t.d.
Its used, but in perfect condition. It has the FINE crosshais and the itty bitty dot. At 50 yards it fits inside a .22 caliber hole! This is a first for me.
Got it mounted up and hit the range with a box of CCI Standard Velocity. Her favorite load. So far.
Fired 50 rounds. Her smallest 3 rounder at 50 was 5/16ths. Largest 3/8ths. 5 rounders were 3/8ths to 7 /16ths. Am still fighting pulse bounce off the bench. I do wish she was 1 or 2 pounds heavier. The scope helps. Its built like a Russian tractor and weighs about the same.
For a rifle with such a light barrel, full contact bedded btw, this is unreal.
When I was a teenager, everyone wanted a 581. Most of us wound up with Glenfield 25's. Good rifles, but not a 581.
Should probably look into better mounts than the ? brand currently on board. In the mean time, got me a FINE combo for whatever needs shootin'!
Old 10-09-2021, 06:58 AM
50Shifty
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Man you got a deal and a half in that Burris scope if you ever want to let it go shoot me a line. I have a 581 with that same Sportview on it and unreal how good it groups with CCIsv.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:41 PM
bugeye
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congrats, the 580/581/582/540/541 rifles are my all time favorites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2021, 12:48 PM
Lloyd S.
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
You might try shooting free recoil, where the only thing touching the rifle is your trigger finger. Or maybe your forefinger & thumb to squeeze the trigger & guard together between them if the trigger pull isn't super light.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:53 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (65)
I am another 581 fan! I think Burris that is a good match for your 581.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:55 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
A straight 6x is not too much magnification for a .22? I have also just bought a Burris Mini/Compact for my Rimfire. I have another one set up with a different fixed 6x. These have adjustable Objectives. I would feel good with a straight 4x, but I do not know of any such fixed power that also has an AO.

Danny
Old 10-16-2021, 12:34 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (99)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontstuffer View Post
Went prowling around looking for a better scope for my 581S than the Bushnell 4x Sportview it came with.
Spotted a Burris Mini 6x HBR and got it for $80 o.t.d.
Its used, but in perfect condition. It has the FINE crosshais and the itty bitty dot. At 50 yards it fits inside a .22 caliber hole! This is a first for me.
Got it mounted up and hit the range with a box of CCI Standard Velocity. Her favorite load. So far.
Fired 50 rounds. Her smallest 3 rounder at 50 was 5/16ths. Largest 3/8ths. 5 rounders were 3/8ths to 7 /16ths. Am still fighting pulse bounce off the bench. I do wish she was 1 or 2 pounds heavier. The scope helps. Its built like a Russian tractor and weighs about the same.
For a rifle with such a light barrel, full contact bedded btw, this is unreal.
When I was a teenager, everyone wanted a 581. Most of us wound up with Glenfield 25's. Good rifles, but not a 581.
Should probably look into better mounts than the ? brand currently on board. In the mean time, got me a FINE combo for whatever needs shootin'!
I had one of those Burris scopes with that reticle. Nothing wrong with scope the fine crosshair and itty bitty dot just did not work with my aging eyes. Did not have any problem moving it. I wold buy another one of those scopes if I could find a duplex reticle. That would make me a great squirrel scope on one of my 22 sporters.