At One Question - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-04-2021, 05:39 PM
jnr88

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
At One Question

Im looking at the At One, LRP and Percision Trainer. The use will be 50 yard benchrest matches.is there a difference in accuracy? I viewed an online video that highlighted the poor ability to stabilize the comb after adjusting. Thanks for any feedback.
Old 09-04-2021, 06:14 PM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
There are 6 Varmint MTR's shooting in our Benchrest Silhouette and our ARA Factory class and zero of the At Ones. Not sure what that means, but. The Tactical MSRP is over $1000 so it is ineligible for Factory class.
Old 09-04-2021, 08:24 PM
Pipes1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpolk View Post
There are 6 Varmint MTR's shooting in our Benchrest Silhouette and our ARA Factory class and zero of the At Ones. Not sure what that means, but. The Tactical MSRP is over $1000 so it is ineligible for Factory class.
The latest ARA rules allow all of the current model CZs with no maximum price requirement. I questioned this when I got started in ARA, last March, and even have direct communication from KSS to ensure my CZ 457 Varmint Precision Chassis was legal. (The way it is shown in the rules is kind of confusing but CZ is the exception with all current models accepted.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2021, 08:31 PM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
My conversation with them was that the list was for non production and that only the current production models with an MSRP under $1000 were all that were legal. I guess its who you talk to but it still says MSRP under $1000 and our club is using that rule.
Old 09-04-2021, 08:40 PM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I just looked at the accepted list and the 457 is not on the accepted list, therefore the CZ 457 must be a production rifle under MSRP of $1000. Plain as day if you read it. I guess it doesn't matters if your club is okay with it. Pretty sure it wouldn't fly at nationals though.

Last edited by mpolk; 09-04-2021 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-04-2021, 09:44 PM
jnr88

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The MTR was my first choice but its not very left hand friendly.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:11 PM
Tacoma
US Navy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Perhaps a Left handed Bergara? I believe that can be done under $1000. My B14r shoots neck and neck with my MTR.
Old 09-04-2021, 11:54 PM
Pipes1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I just looked at the accepted list and the 457 is not on the accepted list, therefore the CZ 457 must be a production rifle under MSRP of $1000. Plain as day if you read it. I guess it doesn't matters if your club is okay with it. Pretty sure it wouldn't fly at nationals though.
I wonder if you may be reading an older version of the list as it was updated on 3/11/2021.
The new list starts of with a cover page including questions to see if your rifle is approved. Question number 3 asks if your rifle is under current MSRP of $1,000 and if not, go to question number 4. Number 4 asks if your rifle is on the most current approved rifle list. The current list states, for CZ, all models including those in current production except BRNO CZ.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ARA Factory List Page 1.jpg (280.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg ARA Factory List Page 2.jpg (324.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg ARA Factory List Page 3.jpg (185.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-05-2021, 12:45 AM
mmsb27

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Whats the issue with BRN CZ rifles in the rules?
Old 09-05-2021, 07:23 AM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipes1 View Post
I wonder if you may be reading an older version of the list as it was updated on 3/11/2021.
The new list starts of with a cover page including questions to see if your rifle is approved. Question number 3 asks if your rifle is under current MSRP of $1,000 and if not, go to question number 4. Number 4 asks if your rifle is on the most current approved rifle list. The current list states, for CZ, all models including those in current production except BRNO CZ.
I stand corrected but I sent them an email just in case.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:31 PM
Pipes1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I stand corrected but I sent them an email just in case.

This is some of the communication from KSS. (Provided by another member of our club.)

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: AmericanRimfire.com: Contact Submission

Yes sir, that is correct. IF a rifle is currently in production and under $1000 it doesn't have to be on the list because it is automatically approved. After receiving notice of the CZ price increase a decision was made to add all CZs except the Bruno to the approved list. The approved list states beside CZ "ALL models including those in current production." I apologize for any confusion, we are trying to make it as clear as possible. All CZs except the Bruno are approved.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 10:49 AM,

Thanks for the quick response. I am aware of the approved factory list. However, there is some confusion out there, at least at my range. I am new shooter, but was talking to our #1 factory shooter last week and he had the same assumption as I do. We read the rules as the rifle must be on the factory list AND be under $1000 MSRP. That is why I brought the subject up. From what you are saying even the brand new CZ 457 Varmint Precision Trainer MTR with an MSRP of $1449 would fall into the factory class since all CZs fall into Factory, is that correct?

Thanks

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 7:22 AM Dawn Killough <[email protected]> wrote:

Please, CLICK HERE for the most recent update of the Approved Factory Rifle list. You will note that ALL CZs are approved except the Bruno. This list is updated on a regular basis as changes are made.

Best of luck at the range!
Old 09-05-2021, 08:15 PM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Thanks for sharing
Old 09-05-2021, 09:37 PM
jnr88

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks for clearing up whether the LRP is approved. Can anyone offer some insight on accuracy and the comb issue on the At One?
Old 09-05-2021, 09:53 PM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I have a Boyd's At One stock on one of my custom 10/22's and have had no real issues. I will say that the comb adjustment is not at all precise. Once I got it set, it shoots lights out. Not sure if the CZ version is the same, but it appears to be. I will say I would not buy another one to replace any of my CZ stocks, but then I am not left handed. That might tip the scale. Good luck in you search.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:18 PM
Tacoma
US Navy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipes1 View Post
Interesting read. I find it particularly interesting that the Marlin 2000's are not included. I have a 2000L I use for rimfire silhouette. It's s a nice rifle but nothing special enough to be singled out that I can tell. It's just a Marlin.