Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-18-2021, 03:59 PM
woodsparrow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BL-22 trigger question

Done some google. Skimmed the sticky and the update from 2019. Just wanted to make sure I understand the broad steps - BL-22 will generally have a rough trigger out of the box.

Buy the trigger kit from SBG, and it'll come down to around 4 pounds?

I'd be plenty happy with that for an 'active' rifle, no need for flyweight triggers on non-precision rifles for me. Would prefer not to have to stone/emery/etc. anything.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:28 PM
jstanfield103
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have two BL-22's . One from 1980 and the trigger on it is grand. I have a 2020 BL-22 Micro Midas. That has a very stiff trigger right out of the box. It really does not bother me though. I know it will get better and better with use.

I do not know about the trigger kit, I am not interested in it, but people seem to like it. I just would prefer a natural break in.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:56 PM
woodsparrow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanfield103 View Post
I have two BL-22's . One from 1980 and the trigger on it is grand. I have a 2020 BL-22 Micro Midas. That has a very stiff trigger right out of the box. It really does not bother me though. I know it will get better and better with use.

I do not know about the trigger kit, I am not interested in it, but people seem to like it. I just would prefer a natural break in.
The general posting history seems to say you might see a half-pound lowering, but it will stop after around 100 rounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2021, 08:03 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Its not “ rough” its “ heavy “ but it breaks clean and crisp. Try it , you might just like it.

The trigger blade is in the lever. The lever is short throw. So you keep your finger on the blade as you open and close the lever. It needs to be stiff for safety.
Old 08-20-2021, 02:13 PM
Flintlock28

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
If you don't want to go the kit route; you can find an experienced Gun Smith, and have them stone/polish the engagement surfaces. it won't be a Match trigger, but it will be a lot better. It cost me $70 a few years ago.

Make sure the Smith is very familiar with the BL-22 design.
Old 08-20-2021, 04:24 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
The biggest challenge with improving the BL-22 trigger pull is the positive sear engagement. When you pull the trigger you are fighting the hammer spring.