ARA Factory Class Rifles & Equipment - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:03 AM
*Rim-Star*

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
ARA Factory Class Rifles & Equipment

This may be interesting, for those of you who compete in ARA Factory Class, what rifle do you use and what rest set up. I see a lot of CZ's, Tikkas, etc. Post photos and scores to if you like.
Old 07-08-2021, 08:58 AM
Johnymango

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They should just rename the class the CZ-Tikka class since that's all they want in there
Old 07-08-2021, 10:03 AM
vlnbyr

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnymango View Post
They should just rename the class the CZ-Tikka class since that's all they want in there
How about the Savage Mark ll ? I know of one shooting lights out. Plus the dozens of vintage bolt rifles that qualify. I think the CZ/Tikka thing is more of a monkey-see, monkey-do thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2021, 04:23 AM
cznut

TPC Rating: 
100% (120)
I see more Tikkas at factory matchs than CZs, prob doesnt mean anything just an observation, I am curious about the Savages, I have seen a few of them produce some good accuracy, seen one of the spiral fluted ones fire a 250 on a IBS target, seems like you can get no range reports on them.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:51 PM
DMTJAGER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cznut View Post
I see more Tikkas at factory matchs than CZs, prob doesnt mean anything just an observation, I am curious about the Savages, I have seen a few of them produce some good accuracy, seen one of the spiral fluted ones fire a 250 on a IBS target, seems like you can get no range reports on them.
FYIW I decided to get into factory class 22lr BR and based on accuracy reviews, recommendations, and my owning and being quite fond of Savage CF rifles I ordered a Savage B22. But with in 24 hours of ordering it I saw a a very considerable number of reports about the B22 having wide spread feeding issues with their 10 shot rotary mags as well as many reports of ejection issues of fired casings, and nither problem had a simple long term let alone permanent fix. So I cancelled my order and bought a Tikka T1X MTR.

Yes I did VERY seriously consider a CZ 457 Varmint or Varmint MTR, but only place I could find a T1X in stock was Cabela's and I had a large amount of $$$ built up in Cabela's points and I Cabela's didn't have any CZ 457's in stock so I went with the T1X.

I own two TX3 Lites and both shoot 5 shot 100 and 200 yard sub moa groups with my reloads so I hope the T1X does as well.
To be absolutely honest if Cabela's had CZ457's available I still would have gone with the Tikka.
Old 07-14-2021, 11:50 PM
Protongunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlnbyr View Post
How about the Savage Mark ll ? I know of one shooting lights out. Plus the dozens of vintage bolt rifles that qualify. I think the CZ/Tikka thing is more of a monkey-see, monkey-do thing.
I found a local range holding ARA matches so next month I'm going to try and get out there with my Savage b22 and give it a try. I've been practicing some and feel it shouldn't be a complete embarrassment, but we shall see. I have spent many hours reading and watching about the tikkas and CZs and they seem pretty neck and neck fantastic from what I have put together. More than once I have almost purchased a replacement for my B22, but then it will surprise me. It really likes SK pistol match special and yes it does have an occasional ejection issue, but rare. I'm used to the mags now. If I didn't already have my Savage, I would probably pick up a CZ.
Old 07-15-2021, 08:55 AM
vlnbyr

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
SHOW UP & SHOOT
Old 07-17-2021, 09:03 AM
Johnymango

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlnbyr View Post
SHOW UP & SHOOT
No, the class rules are bogus
Old 07-17-2021, 09:20 AM
chuck40219
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
please explain yourself sir.

chuck40219
Old 07-17-2021, 10:58 AM
gkgeiger
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Iíve heard that before. Just because a certain rifle canít be used.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:13 AM
justinp61
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
Iíve heard that before. Just because a certain rifle canít be used.
Not so much because a "certain rifle" cant be used but it appears the rules are slanted to favor a "certain manufacturer's" rifles.
Old 07-17-2021, 12:31 PM
Cattleman30
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
ARA Factory Class Rifles & Equipment

Often pondered if some 457 shooters are buying multiple CZ barrels, seeking to find the best one.

Initially disappointed in Factory Class rules. Moved on since then.

By shooting in a higher class, hopefully I’ll become a better shooter in the long run. More opportunities to learn by tinkering with the system and the higher level of competition.
Old 07-17-2021, 12:37 PM
chuck40219
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
Not so much because a "certain rifle" cant be used but it appears the rules are slanted to favor a "certain manufacturer's" rifles.
Please explain your statement sir. What manufacturer? And why you think that.

Chuck40219
Old 07-17-2021, 01:17 PM
DMTJAGER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I as well would respectfully request you sir substantiate your claim with an explanation.

Not being confrontational in the least just unable to understand your statement.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:21 PM
DMTJAGER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protongunner View Post
I found a local range holding ARA matches so next month I'm going to try and get out there with my Savage b22 and give it a try. I've been practicing some and feel it shouldn't be a complete embarrassment, but we shall see. I have spent many hours reading and watching about the tikkas and CZs and they seem pretty neck and neck fantastic from what I have put together. More than once I have almost purchased a replacement for my B22, but then it will surprise me. It really likes SK pistol match special and yes it does have an occasional ejection issue, but rare. I'm used to the mags now. If I didn't already have my Savage, I would probably pick up a CZ.
I for one are looking forward with much anticipation to your report once you get back form your first ARA match.

Best of luck.