Squirrel Hunters! The Tree Kind! - Page 1067 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:33 PM
walkerdog4
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)

I just watched the weather Fri looks like rain,Sat&Sun looked good. But we all know like Bluto said it can change. I used your bush shaking trick a couple times this week and it does work thanks.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Crow Feather
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reb henderson View Post
Rex if we could have hunted in White River this weekend I could have put you on some big fox squirrels.
Crow I would give you a couple of saw bucks for that old bullet stickin cooper.
I don't know how I can refuse an offer like that, Reb, but I'm going to try to think of a thousand ways.
Crow Feather
Old 10-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Crow Feather

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex M View Post
Reb, last year boltaction and I did a sneak on one there not 200 yds from camp, and I missed him clean. Fate I guess.
Rex, is that what they're calling buck fever these days?
Crow Feather
Old 10-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Rex M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow Feather View Post
Rex, is that what they're calling buck fever these days?
Crow Feather
I forgot to hold low at 35 yds, like a fool. He was sitting in a fork gnawing on an acorn. I saw the bullet impact the tree just above his head. He just sat there, and I felt so bad about the shot I walked off.

bolt just looked at me, shook his head, and went another way. Think I got one more shot that morning, on a squirrel no bigger than a chipmunk. To hit a squirrel that small the rifle had to be zeroed right so the early miss was sure just my fault.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:44 PM
tfrank

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Smile Why thank you Sarge!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE View Post
Hey Frank!!! Great to see you here. Looks like that old mossy did well for you.
Why thank you Sarge!!! It does a good job when the shooter does his job!!! It was mighty nice to be able to get out in the woods Saturday I must say. Saw enough squirrels, but my "sneak" was pretty rusty I will say that. I started to surprise some of the little ninja's after I slowed down. Amazing huh!!! The first three were taken between 9 and ten. Number 4 and 5 made the mistake of coming around while I was having lunch. They didn't see me slip out of the truck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebosniper View Post
Tfrank- beautiful rifle!
Thank you sir!!! I'm kinda fond of it myself!!! Just an old 152K Mossberg as Reb already knows!!! Good eyes there Reb. :bluethumb: Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to do a little squirrel this weekend. My son has expressed an interest in going this Saturday also, but doesn't want to take that 20 ga single shot. I think it kicks a little too hard for him!!!
God Bless, Frank.

Last edited by tfrank; 10-06-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:02 PM
$harp$hooter14

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
So, I've attempted to make the most of my short break from school. I got out 5 days which was very nice. This morning I ended up getting up a bit later and headed into the woods around 8:20.

I slipped in, got a shot at one within 10 minutes, redhead, saw another within probably 5 minutes. Couldn't get a shot so I let him be. Sat down, saw one, shot him, redhead. Waited another 10 minutes, saw one, shot him, heart...about another 20 minutes saw a fox squirrel in the valley below me. Got 2 shots on him but I was an idiot and shot over his head both times so I let him go.

Got up, walked over to another area did 22 man's call. It worked, shot the one who barked at me, redhead and repeated the process 5 minutes later with the same results. Started walking back and redheaded another one on the way back for my limit. Now to go through withdrawals until Christmas Break...

Old 10-07-2009, 06:19 PM
bluto in mo
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
went out today about 830 in the woods walked about 1 mile in got 4 2 were red heads 2 well not so much they were barking all over the place saw a few more but started to get the shakes i needed to go back to the truck and eat

i did see so more timber i need to explore will post pics later
Old 10-07-2009, 06:43 PM
bob KK

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Lucky people.
Went about 50 mi East of here last week. No
acorns or hickory nuts. Neighbor has a place
about 45 mi West of here. No Squirrel food
there. Guess we are out of luck. Found
acorns South about 35 mi. But Shotguns
only. Managed areas suck in Tn.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:44 PM
SARGE
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (82)
I got out this morning and got my limit before the wind came up. Got one fox squirrel and 4 greys. The greys were in thick stuff, hard to get a shot. Took the hm2 thinking I'd get longer shots where I went , but that wasn't the case. I missed one that was 8-10 ft from me. All shots were well within 25 yds.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-07-2009, 08:06 PM
knzn
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hey Sarge

I am going to Independence tomorrow for work. I am taking a rifle and if all works out hope to be done and leaving by mid afternoon and stopping at a place I drive by evertime I make the trip which is once or twice a year. It's just west of Independence a little ways. Of coarse the last I looked it is suposed to rain all day tomorrow----

Last edited by knzn; 10-07-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:13 PM
bluto in mo
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
we are supposed to get 3-5in of rain tomorrow and fri
Old 10-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Nick_T
Fire Fighter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good shooting Sharp and Sarge! Looks like ya'll had some fun. Rain is supposed to move in here for the weekend, I've got to take the kids to the Dr. Friday afternoon, sounds like a good excuse to burn work and hunt that morning.

Nick T
Old 10-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Crow Feather

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I got out this morning and got my limit before the wind came up. Got one fox squirrel and 4 greys. The greys were in thick stuff, hard to get a shot. Took the hm2 thinking I'd get longer shots where I went , but that wasn't the case. I missed one that was 8-10 ft from me. All shots were well within 25 yds.

]
That's a good looking rifle, Sarge. What kind of glass do you have on it? I like that scope tube. It's long enough that you can slide it forward or back until you get it where you want it.
Crow Feather
Old 10-07-2009, 08:49 PM
SARGE
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (82)
Crow, the rifle is a cooper and the scope is a leatherwood hilux 6.5X20AO
Old 10-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Crow Feather

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Crow, the rifle is a cooper and the scope is a leatherwood hilux 6.5X20AO
Yeah, I spotted the Cooper. Looks good and looks like you shoot it well, too, but I've never heard of that scope. Lots of things I've never heard of. I've lead a sheltered life.
Crow Feather